“A real review of the Welcome Center Hotel”

Welcome Centre Hotels
Ranked #14 of 130 Hotels in Lagos
Destin, Florida
“A real review of the Welcome Center Hotel”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Welcome Center Hotel is poorly managed. We experienced slow service in resolving our problems, very long waits to receive meals which were usually served cold, several episodes of food poisoning, slow or inoperative internet, a laundry service which shrinks or melts your laundry, housekeeping staff who smell so bad we had to leave the windows open and vacate the room after they left, and power interruptions so frequent they became commonplace.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rosemary_Bun
WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that your stay at the Welcome Centre Hotel was less than desirable but your review is highly out of sync with the majority of our guests. I'm surprised you stayed so long with us considering you felt the service was this bad or that you did not contact anyone in hotel management with your complaints. I'll assume it's a genuine review and not a competitor effort as our internet is 3mbps/3mbps dedicated, we have 3 stand by generators onsite, ultra modern laundry service, award winning kitchen and excellent neat and courteous staff. I can see from your review profile that all of your previous 22 reviews were based in Florida, USA and this is your first trip to Lagos, Nigeria and I wonder if you are not taking out a bad trip in Lagos on our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I checked in on Friday and checked out on Sunday. It was a memorable stay, the standard is international, I enjoyed the breakfast, the environment is so inviting, the staffs are very friendly, it was a perfect experience, I will surely come back. I

• Stayed February 2013
WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thanks for your kind words. We are glad to read that you had a pleasant time and we look forward to your return. We will continue to do our best but please promise when you come back do let us know what we can do to turn our hotel from a 4 star rating to a 5 star rating in your eyes.
Pleasantville, NY
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here recently for three nights while attending a seminar held in the hotel. My room was OK. It was quite dark with very little natural light. Facilities in the room were adequate, though the bed was very hard with a very thin mattress. The bathroom was also quite basic, through water temperature and pressure in the shower were good. Periodic power outages, but those are common in Lagos.

I tried room service once and ate in the hotel restaurant on a few occasions. The food is just about OK with a selection of Western and NIgerian dishes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MJMH
Thanks for your patronage and your feedback. We will work on your feedback and hope to move from just good to great in your perception.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had an excellent stay at Welcome Centre Hotel from August 16 to August 18 while attending a friend’s wedding. I stayed in room 407 on the 4th floor.

Positives included:
– Spacious room with air conditioning and comfortable king-size bed
– Modern bathroom with fantastic shower (great pressure; no interruption of hot water)
– Excellent restaurant in the building (wonderful Nigerian and foreign dishes; good breakfast)
– Nice banquet facility on the premises (400-person wedding was easily accommodated)
– Very safe with security visible but tactful (no “fortress” feel; secure but relaxed)
– Short drive from airport, so no need to deal with traffic jams on way in and out
– Super friendly and responsive staff

The only small issue was that my Wi-Fi access disconnected a few times; the staff quickly provided me a new password and I was back online within moments.

I was very impressed and I look forward to staying there again on my next trip to Lagos.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thanks Mwenenzi for your feedback and kind words. We have taken on your feedback and simplified the internet log in protocols to make it even more robust with tablets and smart phones
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I enjoyed a pleasant stay at Welcome Centre Hotel in Aug 2013. I found the hotel conveniently located near the airport. My room was comfortably clean, spacious and air conditioned. The food was top notch and I found the staff very friendly. I would definitely stay here again next time I visit Lagos.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding trip to Lagos. It was a very convenient and safe location. The room was a very good size, clean and with nice air conditioning which was quite essential. I was also quite impressed with the service provided by room service and at breakfast every morning. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Lagos.

Austin

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Only stayed in the hotel for one night after a gorgeous wedding, but found the rooms and service to be great. The room was nice, clean and spacious with a cozy bed and the bathroom was good. Also had dinner which was a chicken burger with fries which was scrumptious and If you stay at the Welcome Centre I highly recommended it. If i travel to Lagos I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo