“Great day with Johann”

OmetepeHiker Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Isla de Ometepe
More attraction details
Owner description: OmetepeHiker offers you a wide range of guided tours to show you the beautiful and interesting sites of Ometepe Island. This locally owned and operated company personally designs excursions for you according to your needs, wishes and time of stay on the island. We organize different activities such as volcano trekking to the craters of Concepcion or Maderas, waterfall hikes in San Ramon, guided kayaking through the Wildlife Refuge of the river Istian, and tours around the island by car or motor bike, just to name a few of the possibilities.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We did a full day tour with Johann and thoroughly enjoyed it. He's a great guide, knowledgeable and personnable -- the best guide we had in three weeks of touring Costa Rica and Nicaragua. But from our perspective his greatest virtue is patience. We were traveling with another family and between us we had four girls ages 7, 9, 9 and 12. The first part of the tour was a hike to a viewpoint on Volcan Maderas. We moved slowly, but Johann was incredibly patient and helpful with the girls. I'd recommend Johann to anyone but would expecially recommend him to anone with kids. And kudos to Javier at Hospedaje Soma both for connecting us with Johann and for his help in planing our time on Ometepe.

1  Thank BianchiDad

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had a great time! Javier was very helpful in setting up the tour and Johan was our actual tour guide for the day. Very knowledgeable and friendly. We went on a hike, saw some old ruins, went swimming and went to the beach by the lake. They were especially accommodating when we had to change our reservation to book a vehicle for our tour as well at the last second.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We worked with Ometepe Expeditions to organize a one-day tour for us of Ometepe Islands. Javier arranged for a round-trip driver to pick us up in Granada and drive us to the ferry in San Jorge (about an hour's drive). The driver was perfectly punctual and got us took us both ways safely. We then took the ferry over to the Island and met up with our guide, Johan ( who works with Javier) who was waiting for us with a sign at the port in Ometepe. We spent a terrific day with Johan. He had a driver and a van that transported us to several places on the Island, including Ojo de Agua (where we swam in the cool fresh water pools), Punta Jesus Maria, and Charco Verde He was extremely professional, personable, spoke English fluently, and was intimately familiar with the Island because he grew up there. But the day was made very special by our interesting conversations with Johan - about life in Nicaragua generally and his life. We stopped for lunch at a great vegetarian restaurant/near Altagracia. At the end of the day Johan dropped us off at our hotel on the Island. We highly recommend Ometepe Expeditions, and Johan in particular. We wish we could do that day all over again!

2  Thank dbenj
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Johann and Javier took our group of 7 on an amazing and complete one day tour of Ometepe. They were knowledgeable, friendly, warm, funny. In our too short visit to Ometepe we kayaked, hiked, swam and ate...including melon straight from the field. Their knowledge of local lore, the plants, animals was great. Our group ranged in age from 20 to mid 50s...and each of us was thoroughly impressed by these great guides! Ometepe is a destination not to miss and these guides bring the Ometepe experience to life! Thank you Johann and Javier!!

1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed September 8, 2013

As an inexperienced rider I am always a little cuatios when my other half and I go ridding. I either get the biggest, craziest horse available (I'm 6ft and carrying some extra pounds) or I get the biggest and laziest horses available. Both make riding tough!

NOT SO with Hari. All his horses are well loved and cared for and respond well to commands from even novice riders like me! It really made riding enjoyable and this is undoutedly the best riding I've ever done. We did the Ramos Falls trip (4 hours) and a mountain tour (2 hours). Both involved some trotting and even cantering which took me close (but not out) of my comfort zone and pushed my (limited) abilities.

Can't recommend Hari enough.

1  Thank steveslaw