My mom and I spent 3 nights at Eileen and Darren's wonderful b&b / organic farm. Eileen went way above and beyond to help us with all sorts of logistics, from figuring out and coordinating transport to and from Via Verde to organizing great adventures, including kayaking in Rio Istiam (highly recommend) and hiking to a gorgeous volcano lookout (also highly recommend). The entire place was spotless- she kept both the bedrooms and bathrooms incredibly clean. The upstairs rooms also come w/ gorgeous private patios w/ rocking chairs and hammocks- great places to wake up and watch the birds and curl up with a book in the afternoon after some activities. The breakfasts are also very yummy and fresh, with all local high quality ingredients. I absolutely loved the vanilla yogurt with granola and jams -- all homemade, and loved the banana crepes too. The coffee is also right from the farm and you can smell Eileen and Darren roasting the beans, which is a real treat. All in all, this is a special/ unique place to stay, in large part due to both the gorgeous location w/ stunning volcano views and the very generous hospitality from Eileen and Darren. I'd recommend at least 3 nights -- ideally 4. Also if you happen to be choosing between staying in Moyogalpa close to the port or further away, I'd recommend you go further away b/c a lot of the peacefulness and beauty lies 30 min- 1 hour drive from the port. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ometepe, offers amazing nature, a chance to step back into a simple, slower way of life & charming friendly inhabitants who can teach us all something about being happy with less. As Americans who love living here (since 2004) we hope to provide a bridge of understanding & connection for you into the culture & life of this very special place. We would love to help you plan & organize a trip that will align with your interests & optimize your experience. Located on our organic farm La Via Verde is a cozy, intimate B&B with only 2 bedrooms on our second story. Up in the trees the wrap around verandas have great views of Volcan Concepcion, sunrise and sunset. Rooms have private balconies, queen bed, ceiling fan and are screened. There are 2 shared baths with flush toilets and limited hot water showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your La Via Verde - Organic Farm and B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Via Verde - Organic Farm And Bed And Breakfast
- La Via Verde - Organic Farm Hotel Isla De Ometepe