“best horse ride experience”
Review of Haris'horses

Haris'horses
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Haris Horses provides guided horse tours on the island of Ometepe, Nicaragua. We recently built cabins on the ranch and offer Bed and Breakfast accommodations on our organic farm called Finca Montania Sagrada. Dinner is available on request.
Reviewed November 27, 2017

Hari was a fantastic host, very patient and accomodating and the horses too are well cared for. Hari took me for a hour long ride through the farms and the village and it was a fantastic experience. As an inexperienced rider, i was little sceptical of going too fast but Haris instructions were great and I was completely at ease. The tack and saddle are very good since I didnt expereince any soreness or back pain inspite of rising for the first time after a long time. The road to the farm is unpaved and rocky but its a short walk uphill so better park the vehicle down and walk up. All in all a fantastic experience, I wish i could do the San Ramon waterfall ride which is around 4 to 5 hours including a stop for lunch. I hope to return soon to wonderful Ometepe and do that ride with Hari. All in all, a not to be missed experience.

1  Thank ChinmayBhandare
"jungle"
in 5 reviews
"motorcycle"

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

best trek, horses well cared for, well behaved and nice to ride, tack also was comfortable for us and horses, no sore muscles the next day. Good guide tried really hard to answer our questions in English. Owner even sorted a taxi home for us....
5 ***** wished we had stayed at there bed and breakfast.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

This was hands down the best experience I have ever had with "trail horses" - and I put that term in quotes because this really felt like riding horses with some friends and not like a "follow-the-leader" walking experience. I have a good amount of experience on a horse due to years of riding in my youth, but my traveling companion has far less experience on a horse. We were lucky enough to be staying with Hari at the Finca Montania Sagrada (which I highly recommend as well!) so we got to know Hari the night before our adventure. He paired us both up perfectly with horses to match our riding experience - Hari truly cares about his horses and knows each of their personalities very well. He was also truly caring about them all and was very careful to give each horse time to recover from previous rides and not over-work them, which is so rare with other tour companies I have ridden with in the past. We had a private tour to the waterfall, which was amazing (but I was SO glad we rode horses instead of hiking up there!) and then went for lunch with Hari at a nice spot on the water with great local food at very reasonable prices. On the way back to the Finca, we took the horses to the lake where Hari took the saddles off so we could ride them bareback into the water and swim with them. I absolutely adored Hari and the horses and the entire day. I would absolutely recommend taking advantage of this unique opportunity to see Ometepe's true beauty in such a unique way. Of my entire trip to Nicaragua, this was an absolute highlight - definitely a must do!

Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Thank you Hari for such an excellent experience! If you've visited Nicaragua you will know that well-kept horses are few and far in between, but at Hari's this is not the case. You can tell his animals are loved and fed properly. We had a wonderful trail ride and then went swimming with the horses. It was beautiful. We even adopted one of Hari's wife's puppy chihuahuas! She is so loved, thank you for letting us adopt her!