“I agree with other recent reviews”
Review of Haris'horses

Haris'horses
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Haris Horses provides guided horse tours on the island of Ometepe, Nicaragua. We recently built cabins on the ranch and offer Bed and Breakfast accommodations on our organic farm called Finca Montania Sagrada. Dinner is available on request.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“I agree with other recent reviews”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

It is really worth a trip on some hard roads to get to Hari's. He is a candid guide and a bit of a character who knows the island well. The horses ARE well cared for- sadly, quite rare in Nicaragua. And they are well trained as well, so even inexperienced riders can have fun (and so did the experienced rider in our group!) If it fits with your plans, the lodging and little restaurant he has built looked very inviting.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank David98110

California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Calm, quiet, and beautiful!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed with them at their finca and did a horse tour to the waterfall. Really liked the owners, the horses (very happy and healthy animals), and the tour. I will say that, especially for my girlfriend, a 5 hour ride was a bit much for one day. Unless you ride often, your A%s is going to hurt like hell on a ride this long. I'm guessing that it was the frequency of "trotting" that made it worse, as the horses had pretty smooth walks, but the trots were pretty rough. Still, knowing that, I'd highly recommend Hari and his horses for a short or long (beware butt bruises) tour!

Visited July 2012
Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful lodging, Great horseback riding”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had a wonderful two nights in a great room...new, upper level with two twin beds and a grand porch to sit on--overlooking pasture with cows, horses and bulls. What a lush scene with the volcano Conception in front and another behind!

Hari has excellent horses and gives such care to them. I rode Tequilla on two different days. There were grand vista's, local fincas, small country roads, and even a hike to the waterfalls. In the afternoon I went kayaking with a young guide, Norton, at Margarita's bar.

Horse back riding was $8 an hour and my room (Finca Montana Segrada) a very reasonable $25 included breakfast. I purchased dinner prepared by Hari's Italian wife one night and in town the next.

1 Thank nicafan
Vaduz, Liechtenstein
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“best view of the volcanos...”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

If you don't want to climb scary looking Conception, then go horse-riding with Hari and you will still get amazing photo opportunities! The horses are nice, if a bit strong-willed, but we always felt completely relaxed and we are not experienced riders by any means... Hari also offers lovely looking accomodadion in a more secluded part of the island (think it's called Montana Sagrada).

London
“Superb!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We spent 3 days at Hari´s lodge doing kayaking, hiking and finally horse riding. Hari was a superb host and organised all of these for us. What isn´t mentioned is that he has lovely accommodation at a very reasonable price. This is listed under Finca Montana Segrada. It is quiet and secluded but within easy reach of the local village. The horse riding itself was great fun. Niether my girlfriend nor I had ridden before and we were both galloping within an hour. He matched us to the horse that best suited us and let us on a fantastic tour of the San Ramon Waterfall. We have done Nicaragua, Honduras and El Salvador so far and our time at Hari´s Horses is top of the list of things we have done so far. I highly recommend it!