“Treats his horses right & offers a nice trip to the falls”
Review of Haris'horses

Haris'horses
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Haris Horses provides guided horse tours on the island of Ometepe, Nicaragua. We recently built cabins on the ranch and offer Bed and Breakfast accommodations on our organic farm called Finca Montania Sagrada. Dinner is available on request.
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is a rough trip for the horses due to the rocky terrain, we found out that Harry keeps his horses properly shoed & they only make one trip a day, You can tell that he respects his animals and this environment.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

My husband and I spent a great day yesterday riding from Finca Montania Sagrada (where Hari's horses are) to San Ramon waterfall. We are staying a week at the finca (horse ranch, organic farm and newly opened B&B and hope to improve our non existent horse riding skills. Hari has well kept horses and he gave us good instructions during our 4 hour ride. I galloped with control for the first time ever and it was exhilarating. My previous experience galloping was in Egypt when my runaway horse had me clinging on for dear life towards the Great pyramids. Unfortunately for us, we are not experienced enough to ride up the Volcano Maderas or around the Lake Nicaragua. This is the rare place that I want to return to.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

If you are on Ometepe, you would be crazy not to stay at Hari's Horses. Prices are beyond reasonable and it feels so good to be there - you won't want to leave. They have all new accommodations that are truly gorgeous (private deck that has full view of BOTH volcanoes as well as a great view of the lush property, marble bathrooms with HOT WATER!!!, spacious room with comfortable beds and plentiful shelving). The owners are incredibly welcoming and go above and beyond for their guests. They speak multiple languages, are well-travelled and very knowledgeable about the area and the country. They are the most inviting and friendly people...and they actually care about making the experience great for their guests. The food, if you opt to have breakfast there (you really should!) is plentiful, fresh and delicious.

My boyfriend and I planned on going riding with Hari and staying over for 2 nights, but we ended up staying for 3 nights because we loved everything about this place so much. In fact, it was the highlight of our 20-day trip.

In addition to the great accommodations, the ride was absolutely breath-taking and Hari is great with all levels of riders (I'm intermediate and my boyfriend is beginner). He clearly loves horses and takes great care of his (unlike the bony horses you see all over the country that are sadly mistreated and poorly cared for).

Definitely don't just ride at Hari's Horses...take advantage of the best place to stay on Ometepe. I know this review sounds over the top, but once you stay there...you will see...this is not an exaggeration.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

These folks clearly care and love their horses, unfortunately that is a rare thing to see in Nicaragua. We rode to the San Ramon waterfall with Daniel (usually Hari takes you but he was out of town for the day) who only speaks Spanish but was very chatty and sweet. We loved it!

1  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Harri has a fantastic operation. The horses are well cared for and his ratea are very reasonable. He was also knowledgeable and friendly and took us ti a great Nica place for lunch.

1  Thank van364