“Very pleasant stay”
Review of La Petite Kasbah

La Petite Kasbah
Ranked #3 of 32 Zagora B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 18, 2014

A special Thanks to Brahim and his team for their hospitality. Mustafa showed us around the palmgrove & gave us lots of info.
The rooms are simple, there's a nice large terrace. The food was good,. After dinner we had tea with Brahim while listening to some local singers. They didnt mind serving us a delicious breakfast very early before our departure.
It's a place for great relaxation and to appreciate the Berber culture.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Petite Kasbah

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel is located a bit far from the center of Zagora, in the palery area. I suggest a walk in late afternoon throught the palmery. The hotel try to recreate a wild and natural ambiance, with wood forniture and a lot of nice relaxing area. Beautiful terrace. The staff was really kind and did his best to help us.
They kept our luggage during the desert trip and helped us to find the bus tickets.
It was, then, one of the cleanest hotel I have been in Marocco.
The only problem was the temperature: it probably used to be a real kasbah but have been recently restorated/done with wrong material and in the afternoon it is very very hot, while in the real kasbah temperature is normally good. In the night we were obliged to use air conditioner. I don't suggest to eat there becouse we spent 90 dh each and it was nothing special.

Room Tip: room close to the patio are nicer.,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chiaramelie
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I don't have much to say that hasn't been said. It was a wonderful experience. We loved the hotel, the food, the trip to the desert, and especially Ali and Mustapha. Our desert driver Yusef was quite good and entertaining. We also had the good fortune to arrive while Lizzie Q (see her review) and her friends were there. They added another dimension to an already interesting cultural exchange.
Brahim was an excellent host and helped us with travel details when we departed. We would go back tomorrow if we could. We miss them all very much.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at La Petite Kasbah for 7 wonderful days. After travelling through chaotic Fez, then a cold bus journey to the desert then another stress trip La Petite Kasbah came as such a relief. It is in a very peaceful location, close to a shop and it backs onto a palm tree forest. I spent many long days relaxing on the terrace. The owner was very easy to get along with and generous and Ali and Mustapha (the workers) were equally as wonderful. A and M's cooking was delicious and we ate many a tagine on the terrace under the stars. Not only did we stay in a lovely kasbah we also were taken to see a Mustapha's beautiful family house and sliver making in the local area. A and M were very knowledgeable about the desert and the local happenings. Thankyou for a great time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lizzie Q
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel is owned by an energetic young man who shows genuine interest to visitors. The room we stayed we clean and comfortable.

One of the things i enjoyed the most is a walk we were offered in the old village nearby, where the hotel owner told us alot of interesting things about the place, the history, his childhood and other interesting things.

Located near to Zagora with a ample of parking space i would recommend the "La petit Kasbah" whether you want to spend few days there or you are just a passer by.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pahas
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Kasbah for two weeks, and I was genuinely sad to leave!
I was treat like family, by the whole staff. Brahim is not only a great host, but also a fantastic cook, really! Mustapha, is fantastic as well , very knowledgeable, intelligent, and extremely friendly and helpful.
I even became good friends with their cat Meow, the sweetest little cat, that would hang out with me when I would enjoy my lazy afternoons.
I couldn't say enough about how fantastic this group of people are. I truly felt I was home, their hospitality made it for an unforgettable trip.
I have severe doubts that there is a better desert guide in town than Mustapha, or a better host than Brahim.
I can honestly say this is the best bed and breakfast I have ever stayed at. I was home!
I would also like to point out that Zagora itself is a lovely little town, I cannot wait to go back!
Very clean, beautiful, comfortable hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Ninearthworms
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Brahim, the owner, and the others there were extremely helpful from the beginning of our stay. Our daughter had got a disease and required hospitalization. Brahim was with us and made it sure we got the help we needed and was with us all the time. It is quite difficult to imagine a more supportive approach.

The place is quite genuine, a small kasbah. Brahim explained the reason behind the architecture, and I can only agree with his choices. Right behind the kasbah a wonderful huge rural area, with palms and astonishing buildings - just that is definitely worth a visit, a place outside the common touristic routes.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family