“The door of the desert”

Auberge le Petit Prince
Ranked #13 of 83 Merzouga B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The stay in this auberge was completely pleasant. After a long trip by car, we wwere received with a good tea.

The situation is excellent. You can exit from your room barefoot and you are walking over the dunes. The room and the bathroom were comfortable and clean. We didn't have chairs inside the room, but we could enjoy sitting outdoors and watching at the sky.

Without any doubt, the best of the auberge is the food they offer. Not big choice, but everything is really tasty!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have stayed in the Auberge Le Petit Prince before our Sahara trek as well as after coming back from the desert.

The place is beautiful, filled with lovely people and good atmosphere. We were well fed and taken care off.

Our room was absolutely beautiful, basic but comfortable with shower and AC.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner were absolutely delicious and very generous.

This Auberge is located very close to the dunes, actually the patio/terrace is a huge open space just a short walk from the camel parking and sand dunes.

You could not pick up better place to stay.

I would highly recommend this place to all my friends and like-minded travellers. You can bring your children there and they will enjoy their time as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This unassuming, modest guesthouse by the Erg Chebbi in Merzouga is the staging and departure point for camel treks across the Erg Chebbi to an overnight camp. It offers basic but clean and comfortable rooms and some of the best home style Moroccan dishes. What it lacks in style it makes up with its warm, welcoming and friendly service. I have stayed in this guesthouse a couple of times in the past and again just recently, as a stop-off on the Rough Tours’ desert trip from Marrakech. I have already taken the camel trek to the Berber camp which the owners of this guesthouse manages, so this time I chose to stay in for a relaxing night and day. The immense dunes of Erg Chebbi are literally steps away from my room; I had a great time exploring, absorbing the area and watching the spectacular sunset from one of the dunes. There is a small terrace from where to watch the sunset, as well as the rising moon. The brothers who own and operate this guesthouse are the friendliest and most accommodating this side of Morocco. Their kindness and generosity are personal and their service exceptional. It seems there is nothing one requested that they would not be willing to oblige. In fact I had the pleasant feeling of being in a ‘home’ full of family and friends. As Zaid would tell me: “Feel like home”. I was even allowed to eat in the kitchen and learn a few cooking tricks from Hassan.

This guesthouse may not be in the top category of accommodations in Merzouga but it definitely deserves due recognition for their hospitality. For me, it is what matters most. My heartfelt thanks to Zaid, Hassan (your Moroccan omelette is the best!) Mubarek, Said, and Mohammed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Being in the desert I really was not expecting the many commodities that this place offer. Our room was great,, clean, comfortable, with a very nice bathroom and with AC! . Our trip and night in the Erg Chebi dessert was fantastic, the food was delicious, the guide that we have for the camel ride (Ali) was the nicest person ever, helpful and funny.. and then the members of the Said family who brought the food that night they even played bereber music for us... it was really wonderful!!!l. On top of all that, the kindness and attentions we received form Said and his brothers was really amazing.>>> he picked us up at the entrance of town nearly at 11 pm, he walked us around the little town, took us to hear an African musical group.... I do no think we will be able to find any place better that this. I strongly recommend it to anybody .
Thank you very much Said and all of your friends and family!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank srm1954
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Even if i booked my room by phone two months in advance and it was confirmed form chief manager Zaid that i can have accomodation in september, when i reached Merzouga i discovered that he rented the room to a group of tourist ( although i was regular guest from the 2008). The very same night i was forced to look after another accomodation being deeply shocked.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Dubravka A
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good value for money.
Cozy place and friendly people.
Moha was very helpful: we arrived at Rissani around 21:30, lost the last bus and running out of taxis towards Merzouga. I called Moha and 5' later there was a van approaching me with a guy inside calling my name...was Youssef. He provided all efforts to take me to "Le Petit Prince".

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This was by far one of the most comfortable places my partner and I encountered during our Morocco trip. Zaid and his brothers were very accommodating and made every effort to ensure we were comfortable. We arrived late in the evening by bus and Zaid was at the stop waiting to collect us. They provided food on arrival (even though it was late) which turned out to be a three course meal - best meal yet! The trek out to desert was very enjoyable and again, all guides ensured we were comfortable and well fed, providing entertainment during the nigh. I would definitely reccommend this place for both stay and trek.

• Stayed: June 2013