“Stunning desert views”
Review of Dar El Janoub

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merzouga
Dar El Janoub
Ranked #29 of 83 Merzouga B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2012

A very nice hotel, comfortable and clean rooms. A relaxing swimming pool area. Good food. Very good service. And all that with an amazing view on the sand-dunes. Forget an uncomfortabe camel-ride and desert-camp: just stay in your hotel room and enjoy the view from your comfortable hotelbed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank k v
dareljanoub, Responsable réception at Dar El Janoub, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Firstly ,thank you so much for taking the time to leave your great feedback following your stay with us at The Dareljanoub Hotel. I was delighted that we met your expecations and I do hope that you enjoyed your holiday abroad. I have passed on your kind words to the team . Please do visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

They have balconies overlooking the dunes in the morning and wide starry horizons at night. The rooms are huge and spacious... Exuding a kind of spartan, minimalist luxury that is a welcome change from the over-the- top opulence which we saw in many passing kasbahs. There was nothing understated about the manager rashid who cut a striking figure with his traditional kaftans and dramatic hand gestures. He proved a hospitable and entertaining host. After a long trek in the desert, dinner was a hearty and hearterning affair... Both nights, so more points for consistently. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Vagabond-eye

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stayed here as part of my Morocco tour for two nights and it was just amazing. It far exceeded any of my expectations. The food was just beautiful and the rooms were very nice. I had a room which looked towards Merzouga but you could just see bits of dune to the left of the window which really reminded you of where you were. I loved the atmosphere at the hotel. The terrace which leads out into the Sahara is just an amazing place to finish off at the end of the day or to have breakfast at in the morning. If you get the chance to go out for a sunset camel ride, it is a must. It was an amazing end to the day. I was also able to see the amazing sunrise over the dunes from the rooftop terrace - a moment I will never forget. The hospitality was wonderful and it was an all round awe inspiring place to stay whilst out in the desert. We were even treated to an evening of music after dinner. A really lovely touch. The stars at night from the terrace are beautiful. I hope to return one day to such an amazing place.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank MusicMaestro95

Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was wonderful. Amazing views, great facilities and friendly, helpful staff. We were at first given a room without a terrace, but when I asked for one we were given a free upgrade to the honeymoon suite. The shower was the hottest and most powerful of our stay in Morocco, the food was great and varied, it is truly a desert paradise. Yes, it's expensive, but it still offers great value for money. We loved this place and can't recommend highly enough

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank RichTweed

Reviewed May 22, 2011

We had a fantastic stay at Dar El Janoub. The place is really tasteful and the food great, really tasty and different each night including some Moroccan specialities. The place has clean spacious rooms with great view of the dunes, ask for a suite. Great bathrooms with good hot showers. Pool area is tastefully designed, not over the top, full of flowers and nice plants. One feels like in a desert paradise with birds drinking from the water fountains. The restaurant and tea room feel very cosy. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful - from the moment we arrived we felt very at home. We had a very warm welcome when we arrived of a night bus journey. Rachid at reception was really flexible and nice about arranging trips to the desert. He and other staff were very friendly and we had great times telling jokes and playing drums with them all in the evenings. This place is great value and we would definitely return and recommend to anyone going to Merzouga.

Room Tip: ask for a suite - have amazing view of the dunes
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pavelkorchagin

Reviewed January 18, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this Hotel, after being in a tent the night before-the hot water (needs to run for awhile before it gets hot) and the amenities were heaven. We had a nice dinner and were entained by members of the staff with traditional Berber music.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank PhylisBC

Reviewed January 2, 2011

Pros:
. Great location just besides the amazing desert
. Great rooms, clean and spacious
. Good service, manager available full time speaking any language you need.

Cons:
. The same manager that is always helpful and available always try to over charge the activities they offer. Just go to the hotel next door for the camel riding, quad riding, car rental
. Food is poor and few options
. On our way back the manager tried to over charge the taxi we hired by 40%.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paulofb
dareljanoub, Responsable Reception at Dar El Janoub, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank's in advance for your positive comments about Dar eljanoub Hotel. I am so pleased that, throughout your stay, you were impressed by the service the Team provided.

deeply disappointed reading your nigative comments( Cons).
Every where you go in the world,there are high and less prices ,depend on services,and a responsability,i didn't charge any high prices for the activities we offer,(it was a high season),
The taxi driver told you to pay him 40% as a disposit,i just translate it to you ,because the man didn't know speack any lunguages,that's all,(i did his job)

I was really very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations.Please accept my

apologies for the disappointment this would have caused.

Yours sincerely,