“Home from home at Cafe Nora”

Restaurant Cafe NORA
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Merzouga
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Cafe Nora Est Se Trouve Au Village Khamlia 7km De Merzouga,a Cote De L'association Des Musiciens Gnaoua.manger Pas Cher Chez Hassan.
Reviewed May 8, 2014

After eating an array of Tagines, it was a delight to have lunch at Restaurant Café Nora. Loved the "Berber Pizza" in a relaxed atmosphere. Clean and quick service. Pleasant buzz of conversation from folk from all over the world. The prices were a delight, for the first time on our Morocco trip did not feel "stung". Definitely worth a stop over. No Wi-Fi on the day we had lunch, but a minor thing.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This little eatery with it's 3 course set menu for 85 MAD is a must. The Berber Pizza is to die for. Best meal so far in Morocco.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a MUST. If you are in the Merzouga area you simply MUST eat here. It is literally in the middle of nowhere, but WOW what food! The owner is an amazing man who will show you his menu on a piece of animal hide, and then he will personally go into the kitchen and cook, from scratch, all that you ordered and more. Be sure to leave a full 90 minutes for your meal and come with an empty stomach. The food is stunning and the setting is extraordinary.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I'm not going to lie.. I was tagine-ed out after a few days of eating nothing but tangines and brochettes (kabobs). Luckily, our guide took us to this amazing restaurant (named after the owner's daughter) for lunch where we got to try something local, different and DELICIOUS!

The ambience of the restaurant is the feeling of being at someone's house and functional toilets are always a plus!

We broke one of the cardinal sins for travelers: we ate a fresh salad. Our guide ordered this for our table and I started salivating because it looked so yummy; I was not disappointed (and did not have any GI problems)!

The true highlight of this restaurant is the Berber Pizza. Imagine a Chicago Deep Dish Pizza that is stuffed with tons of caramelized onions and other goodies that is also covered in crust on the top. mMm I was in heaven while eating this and it was probably the first and only time I over-ate and left feeling incredibly stuffed. It was too good to stop eating. You must try this and you must have it at Restaurant Cafe NORA!! You won't regret it!

1  Thank onlyadayaway
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was introduced to this restaurant on one of my first Rough Tours trips. I am now a fan and every time I am in Merzouga, I never fail to eat here - either take out or dine in. Hassan the proprietor is so nice, friendly and charming. He is also an artist! His food specialty and my favourite is the Berber Pizza - a most delicious pie with a generous, savory meat filling. Always served with a warm smile.

When in Merzouga, get out of your guesthouse and see Hassan at Nora's.