“Camel trip and beduin tent”
Review of Dar el Khamlia

Dar el Khamlia
Ranked #43 of 82 Merzouga B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were there about Christmas period with my girlfriend and desert round Khamlia is beautiful. It was first time when we visited Morocco and we had camel trip in desert with sleeping in beduin tents, morning then way back and breakfast at Brahim's house. Brahim is very nice person and what he prepared for our breakfast, it was really amazing. Camel trip was also nice, but 3h (1,5h there and 1,5 back) was too much for our back. Tajine in desert was also quite good, but even though we had a lot of blankets, in the night was in tent very cold. So for winter months I recommend to stay in Brahim house and make only Camel trip to desert. Overall it was very good experience and we are look forward to seeing Brahim again in some another trip to Morroco.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dar el Khamlia

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was always dreaming about camel trek in Erg Chebbi, but thanks to people from Dar el Khamlia, it has exceeded my expectations. The best thing is they will organise this trip even if you're travelling alone, like me. And believe me, they're gonna treat with such kindness and hospitality you will start being suspicious if the price isn't some kind of joke :D The location, atmosphere, food - everything about this place is simply unforgettable. I definitely recommend Dar el Khamlia to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The desert, a small village and living in a traditional mud and straw house, this is Morocco.
Leaving behind the busy Medinas and fancy Riads and seeing how the Moroccans really live. Blistering heat, wholesome food and a community that embraces you. Theres no hastle from hawkers of fancy living here, its all about kicking back, chatting with the locals and enjoying the desert. Brahim and his family and the people of Khamilia were all fantastic. On booking the accomodation, Brahim also organised a camel trip and night in the desert for my Fiance'e and I. I recommend coming here when its a bit cooler though as it gets into the 40's and theres no aircon. Hope you enjoy your stay if you decide to book.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The best of our trip was the desert , after a wonderful night in tent , the next days we had a tour by 4wd around the desert , we explored lot of things in this trip especialy Dar el Khamlia where we enjoyed a mixture of berber and african music by Gnawa group, Thanks to Younes and Morocco travel spot team who offered us these enjoyable moments around Morocco

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2012

If you're heading for the dunes of Erg Chebbi, skip the resorts of Merzouga and head a few kilometers further for the most hospital Dar in Morocco! Enjoy the tajines cooked by Brahim, go for the dunes on a camel led by Addi and simply enjoy the serenity around you. We can do nothing else but to recommend this amazing place!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have been to this wonderful place last month, was there with my two friends and we've enjoyed every single day. First, we have experienced what it's like to sleep in Bedouin tents in the dunes and then by staying for three days on this guetshouse. We were so taken care of, got really good tajin and couscous, not to talk about the breakfasts which were incredible. Some muffins or how to call it, with honey, so it just melted in the mouth for us. It was so nice and quiet there, and we slept wonderfully. We had a room and it was simply, in such a berber style and it was fine, because in other places it was fine, but more to the Arab side. On the day when we returned from our excursions arranging of our host for us we sat with others and talked about our different countries but even about our "common" Loreen who will represent our country but even Berbers in Baku :) and so on. We recommend warmly this place to the other looking for an interesting place to stay in the desert.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I went to a Morocco for the first time and I must say it was rather breath taking. The country is very nice and the people are filled with hospitality. When we stopped at Khamlia for a two nights, we stayed in this lovely Guest house as it was recommended to us by my friend. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised. The owner of this place, Michaela, is originally from the Czech Republic and since I am Czech as well it was very nice talking to somebody from my country in the middle of the desert  The accommodation was very nice and the staff very helpful. The food was also great, typically Moroccan. We went for a beautiful camel ride to the desert to watch the sunset and it was magnificent. Over all, If I ever will come back to Morocco, I will definitely come to this lovely guest house as well.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Khamlia, Friend at Dar el Khamlia, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dar el Khamlia thanks Robert for the nice review of the guesthouse and as directed, wish to correct information he misunderstood, so that the clients do not mislead by wrong information.

The owner of Dar el Khamlia is Brahim, so that was the first misunderstanding.
The second was, that Mirabella (her name) from Czech rep. is guest and friend of the family and visits Khamlia only occasionally.