“"a true Gem in Merzouga"”
Review of Riad Nezha

Riad Nezha
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Merzouga
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We stayed overnight at Riad Nezha in order to explore Merzougan sand dunes of erg chibbi we found our stay very comfortable and our accommodation excellent, our rooms were very spacious and clean. The dinner excelent, after a sunset in the sand dunes we had an excellent array of food and was very good. The location of the of this amazing Riad appeared to be in the middle of the oasis if you are around you have to stop for a little relaxation passing through this little heaven!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 2, 2009

We have spent 3 nights in Riad Nezha for our Honeymoon this August and we have had the time of our life! The kindness of Brahim and his staff is absolutety priceless! a big piece of heaven in the heat of the desert. The food was out of this world, which always left us speechless (and pleasantly full!)!, rooms were large and comfortable the place was always spotlessly clean, all people were incredibly nice and the art around is superb!

Special thanks to Mohamed for all his patient driving us around and answering our endless questions on Moroccan habits and culture!
All the best wishes to Riad Nezha!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2009

My family and I (including 3 children ages 6, 12 and 2) have just spent a fabulous week at the Riad Nezha. This is a stunningly beautiful riad with a lovely roof top terrace on which to enjoy the late afternoon sunover the Beautiful View of Erg chibbi dunes. The owners and staff were extreemely friendly and welcoming and thy speaks very good English,Nothing was too much trouble. My children were made to feel particularly at home. The Food were delicious and afternoon mint tea and Moroccan cookies a treat. The staff were very helpful in organizing trips. Our stay at this riad was one of the highlights of our trip.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I had made no hotel plans going to Merzouga, and was just hoping to find any place when I got there. Luckily for me, I decided to check tripadvisor for a place, and stumbled upon one of your "best values." I read the reviews and was impressed, so based on the reviews I decided to go ahead and book.

I was not disappointed, as Riad Nezha was everything I expected and more. After a 7 hour Car ride, this place felt like heaven. In fact, I did not even bother going out to explore around Merzouga that evening and opted to stay in and have dinner on the rooftop terrace.

Dinner was great, but the portions were a bit too much for me (I know, I know, nothing to complain about there - but I was suffering from some slight food problems from the last leg of my trip, so unfortunately my appetite was not at 100%) but what little I did have was amazing. After dinner, Moroccan pastries and tea was served for us

And it was not just dinner, but the entire experience. From sitting down in the afternoon and enjoying a Mint tea in the courtyard, the great guest rooms, comfortable beds, great hosts and staff, and super fluffy towels!!!!

Brahim the owner and the personal service and the great amenities combined to make this not only the best Riad I've ever stayed at, but the best hotel I've ever stayed at. In fact, I could have stayed in the Riad for the three days I was there, and wouldn't have felt guilty about not seeing Merzouga at all. I definitely plan to return and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2009

My family and I had a wonderful experience at this beautiful Riad in Merzouga and honestly can't wait to travel back to this paradise. The food was exceptional and the owner Brahim and his team catered happily to our every need. The night at the Bivouac in the desert was unforgettable. I recommend this Riad to everyone who is in search of relaxation and comfort.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at Riad Nezha for two nights at the end of July.
We were coming from Midelt and at least since Ziz Valley everybody knows Brahim (the owner) and everybody kept on saying he is the right option for a trip in the desert. It's true!
Riad Nezha is definitely the best choice to get in the dunes of Erg Chebbi because of its wonderful location right before the desert (the road to Merzouga is good, no problems at all for a normal city car), because of its structure (the riad is brand new and it has high speed internet connection available for free, rooms are really clean, spacious, a/c, comfortable by all meanings), because of the service (food is great and everything you might need it's offered - we asked for some fruit and we were given of plenty with no charge) and mostly because of its great staff (kindness, french/english/spanish/italian speaking, helpfulness). We felt the warmest hospitality: thanks to everybody, the ladies and Mohammed for the beautiful stay in the riad and the dinner in the roof terrace --- it was the best we had in our 2 weeks around Morocco! Special thanks to Ahmed, who made us feel at home and much more! The camel trekking and the night spent in the desert with him was unforgettable, everything was beyond our expectations: we thought it could be a "touristic" trip, and it was authentic; we were a bit worried to be the only ones going trekking, and we felt really safe and comfortable (Ahmed provided us tea with nuts as soon as we arrived, then we had dinner together and finally we slept under the stars on a mattress with clean bed linen). Brahim makes this wonderful stay happen: since the first e-mail you write to him, he's keen on everything you may want to ask or you need. Go there: best option and excellent value for money. Most of all we really felt that everybody was there to take care of us and this is priceless!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BREADandBUTTERitaly
Reviewed July 12, 2009

My nephew and I stayed at the Riad Nezha for two nights this past month. June is perhaps not the best month to visit the Sahara as it tends to get very hot during the day, but the absence of too many tourists still makes it a good time to go. Riad Nezha is literally on the edge of the Sahara, and from its lovely rooftop terrace you look directly at Erg Chebbi and the beautiful, cinnamon colored dunes of the desert. The riad’s staff are delightful, one and all, and make you feel more like guests in their home than guests at a hotel. The riad’s ten rooms and two suites are clean, comfortable, nicely decorated, and with great bathrooms/showers. Meals at the riad are both delicious and copious. Riad Nezha makes all the arrangements for your visit to the Sahara, too. We left the riad at 5:00am on camels to visit the dunes at sunrise, and the next day by 4x4 in the evening to see the Sahara at sunset. The sand is as soft as silk beneath your feet, and the colors are simply amazing. Our sincere thanks to Hanan, Fatima, Ahmed, and Mohamed! Our stay at Riad Nezha was unforgettable! (“Mustapha Couscous & Omar”)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family