Riad Nezha
Takojte Hotel(Merzouga)
  • Restaurant
Auberge Takojt(Merzouga)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop terracethe ownercamel trekmorocco expert tourstaginesand dunessahara desertnext morninglovely riadour room was spaciousan oasisthe entire tripmemorable staywonderful mealdelicious fooderg chebbispecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2009

Finding a decent hotel these days is far from easy. But the riad nezha in merzouga was one of the most pleasant accommodations I have had the pleasure of experiencing. It not only accommodated myself and friends but looked after us along the way.
I wish brahim the very best and consider him not only our host on this latest trip but a great friend. The services provided were immediate and more than sufficient when needed. As for the location, it was perfect and allowed quick, easy access to those beautiful dunes for our P.E. (Photography Explorations) where upon we ventured to enjoy two days worth of adventure and mostly good times and many laughs. This journey was part business, only it felt more like a holiday with the lush extremities and interior magnificence which we endured every day. It was a pleasure and look forward to next year… all the best from myself and colleagues too. Best wishes and good look for the near future. Ben

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2009

i have traveled the world and staied in a lot of good places and i have staied in a lot of bad places. i rareley comment on the places i stay at but i had to break tradition and get the world out on Riad Nezha. my trip had been long and as usual i Have not had a comfortable trip, i have staied in Merzouga many times and was expecting a less than comfortable night. a new hotel had opened the Riad Nezha so i dicided to give it a shot and i was IMPRESSED!!!! i have never had a more comfortable nights slep in morrocco in all of my years of travel. but sometimes for a business man comfort is not everything a place has to be hosipital..... then i ran into the owner, Brahim, who did not know me from Adam but treated me like an honored guest, and personally made shure that my stay was as comfortable as possable. in all of my travels in all of the world i have never met shuch a dedicated and accomadating owner. most owners oversee the financial end for their business but Brahim and his staff over saw my personal comfort and made my stay such a memorable event that i had to write about it to you. of you are ever in the area this is a must stay for comfort, beauty, and unforgatable service!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Over the years, I've spent a lot of time traveling in Morocco and have had the chance to stay in quite a few calibers of hotel. The area around Merzouga definitely has any number of comfortable riads and charming hotels -- I'm very happy to include Riad Nezha in their company!

Brahim has done a magnificent job of creating a traditionally inspired ambiance with the comfort and conveniences that travelers in the south of Morocco can really appreciate. His choice of employees and the service that they provide is excellent and all-in-all come very well recommended. As with most area lodgings, Brahim has a good stable of friendly and reliable tourism contacts to help arrange excursions to the desert and area attractions.

Riad Nezha is relatively new, but that shouldn't be any deterrent to visitors who are looking for a great experience. There are more rooms being added to the hotel and plans for a swimming pool, too, I believe. I'll be looking forward to seeing how these projects are coming with my next visit!

Overall, Riad Nezha is a great addition to the community of hotels and riads in the region and one I very much recommend to anyone traveling to Merzouga.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2009

If you’re looking for a green, cool oasis after your strenuous desert-trip with all the comforts you could expect in Europe in a small family-owned „hotel“ you should check out the “Riad Nezha” in Merzouga.
In the middle of December –a time, when tourist-business is pretty slow in the Maroccan desert - my travelmate and I were looking for a place to grab some dinner in Merzouga. All the big posh places on the outskirts of Merzouga had to offer us were tiny meatsticks with French fries. So much to Maroccan hospitality and food! Luckily we ended up in the Riad Nezha. When we arrived it was all dark and there didn’t seem to be a soul. And indeed, we were the only guests that night. But the owner and his crew opened up the cozy restaurant just for the two of us and the cook created a most delightful dinner – a warm salad, chicken tajine and fruitsalad with chocolate topping- yummi!!! (And no diarrhea afterwards!!!) There it was again – the Maroccan hospitality. And on top of that the price was really reasonable - even for me as a student.
Here’s my picture of the rooms: simple but tasteful maroccan style, clean, air-.conditioned, with bathrooms to every room and if you’re back from a desert-trip very useful: they have a laundry ;-)
All in all: for me personally too comfortable for desert-trips but if I’d take my parents there it would be the place to stay at in Merzouga.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We were in Morocoo for two weeks in December, over the holidays. We camel trekked for two days with aroundmorocco.com and stayed at the Riad Nezha overnight.

What a secret gem!!!!!! It was by far my favourite place over the two week period. The riad was gorgeous, and the owner Brahim went out of his way to make sure that we were comfortable and all our needs were
met. The food was delicious. I highly recommend this riad and I assure you that you will enjoy your stay there and go away happy.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family