We were traveling with 4 girls and managed to secure a "family chalet", which was perfect! It had 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, and a common area. There was a questionable comedian who welcomed us at the reception desk, and it took us a while to gauge his sense of humour. We were pleasantly surprised that our room was conveniently perched at the top of the building at the top of the hill, linked to a long balcony. The hotel itself is a good 15 minute walk to the centre of the medina (all downhill on the way there and all uphill on the way back), which is not so convenient, but the location also gives a stunning view of the entire blue city at sunrise and sunset. We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the breakfast of assorted warm bread, homemade butter / jams, teas, coffees and dry cereals. I may have preferred to have an egg/omelette of sorts as that's what I'm used to, but I didn't miss it that much. The pool was quite crowded when we went, but it offered a soothing break from the hot-hot temperatures. If you're a group or a small family, I would definitely recommend the family chalet room; it added tremendous comfort to our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fantastic piece of art builds and managed with passion, decorated with a pure Arabic and local style. We put customer satisfaction in the hart of our daily job. With an excellent views all rounds and a relaxing swimming pool. Accessible in walking distance to the medina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Dar Echchaouen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Echchaouen Chefchaouen
- Dar Echchaouen Hotel Chefchaouen