“Love it love it love it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Riad Casa Hassan Restaurante

Hotel Riad Casa Hassan Restaurante
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Chefchaouen
Andalucia
“Love it love it love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

We have satyed at Casa Hassan a number of times, and keep going back, the staff are freindly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble, The last time we went we sat with Hassan and his lovely family for dinner one night, they are truely the nicest people.
Every time i go, be it with friends, collegues, my husband or family we aways have a great time, I can really relax there! The first time we took the children we were worried they would be bored so booked the hotel on the hill as it had a pool, this hotel was so dissapointing, dirty and boring so after one night we left and went down to Casa Hassan, the children loved the quirky room we had and we all relaxed.
I love having a differnt room every visit and now know which ones are better depending on how i'm feeling!
As a mostly veggie person its hard to get nice food when on holiday, but in morocco its fantastic, lots of differnt salads and plenty of good quality food!...and make sure you ask for the lemon tart....! Yummy!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Star-Traveler78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

I stayed at the Casa Hassan for 2 nights, and enjoyed the expereince very much. The room was ready on my arrival, was large, clean and quiet, and cool, thanks to a split ac in the room. Food was served in the hotel's very busy restaurant and was definitely above average for Chefchaouen. Location was excellent, and quite hard to beat. The staff were very friendly and ready to help out and give advice about Chefchaouen.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank RichardRiyadh
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

We had booked to stay in Casa Hassan but when we arrived, we were taken to the sister premises across the road, Dar Baibou. We had breakfast at Dar Baibou then dinner back at Casa Hassan.

Our room was lovely, very clean and with a loverly painted wood-paneled ceiling and door. The bed was very wide and comfortable and the room was warm (it was a bit chilly at the end of April and it rained very heavily on one of our days there). The room was very quiet at night, non of the obligatory stray dogs barking that became the norm throughout our trip in Morocco.

The staff were very welcoming, friendly and chatty, especially the waiters in the restaurant. The food was exceptional and very good value, being included in the half-board price of the room. The breakfast was also very good.

We did come home one night to find a corporate function taking place in the main dining area of the hotel, some very well turned out, well to do locals! This ended promptly at 10pm and quiet was restored. We also popped back one lunch time to find a local traditional female singing group entertaining a bunch of American tourists so we got a bit of entertainment too. A place full of surprises.

The hotel is generally very comfortable and feels local but with a great eye for the smaller details, all local furnishings and furniture. Lovely!

Highly recommended and perfect location for the main square in Chefchaouen.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2009

Casa Hassan is well-positioned in the Medina of Chefchauon. It is probably one of the easier places to find as the medina is so difficult to navigate! So I would recommend booking in here for at least your first night until you get your bearings. Most people know where it is, so if you need directions you shouldn't have trouble (unless someone dodgy tries to give you directions and there's a lot of that in Chefchauon!).

I was unable to get into the riad on my first night, however, I was able to get a room for my next three nights. One of the male staff members was kind enough to go to my previous hotel with me and carry my bags all the way up to Casa Hassan. I was most grateful for this!! Service overall was really, really good.

The room was lovely. I felt very comfortable indeed. It was clean and modern and the detailing and decoration of the rooms was beautiful.

The breakfasts in the morning are awesome, I used to look forward to it so much!! And the dinner's were also fantastic, especially the Pastilla and the olives and bread. I actually hated olives until I went to Casa Hassan restaurant.

As a solo traveller I felt very comfortable there and didn't feel too bad dining alone. I had previously been in Madrid and felt like I was some some kind of freak for dining alone!

A little warning about Chefchauon though - as a single female I was offered many, many times to come and have tea with guys who would show me the ladies working in the textile factory. I refused because the guys seemed a bit dodgy. Anyway a shopowner was telling me that this is a ploy to drug people and rob them. Not sure how accurate this is, but it is something of which to be mindful. There is quite a drug problem in Chefchauon.

It is a very, very beauitful place though, which is somewhat ruined by the cultural tension that I could feel in Northern Morocco, which abated once I hit Marrakech.

Back on topic though, I can't recommend Casa Hassan highly enough!

• Liked — The service, the rooms and the food!
  • Disliked — I liked it all
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank HarlemRain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

This hotel provides half board for a reasonable price. Our room was nice sized but the antique bed with headboard and footboard was so short and so small that my husband had to sleep on the couch so I could sleep sideways in the bed. The dinners were excellent, especially the fish of the day (calamari) and the pastilla.

• Liked — the food
  • Disliked — the bed
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wandering20082008
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2008

Casa Hassan is a cool little pension steps from the main square in Chefchaouen's tiny medina. Dinner was included and the restaurant was way above-average for Moroccan food. The manager was very helpful, especially after we got into it with a dishonest shopkeeper. He calmed the situation down and we eventually got our money back. GO TO CHEFCHAOUEN, it is magical.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HammerinHankMobley
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2007

Great location in the Medina, breathtaking design & decor and the staff were a joy. The hotel restaurant is by general consensus the best in town (it's ok, but they could vary the menu a bit more). If/when I return to Chefchaouen I would stay here again. Wonderful.

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — No booze in the Medina, aaargh!
  • Stayed April 2004, traveled as a couple