“View is nice”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went to this restaurant for the view, but also expecting decent food. The menu meal (starter, main and dessert) was 85 dirhams. Which is expensive compared to other restaurants around the place for the same food.

When we entered we sat down at a table and waited for a waiter. After 15 mins of a no show we went and got some menus ourselves. Finally a waiter did come around and took our order. We noticed some other patrons get up and leave because of the lack of attentiveness.

The entrée was ok, main was disappointing and so was the dessert. I would recommend going up there for a drink to get the view, and returning to the square for a much better meal at half the price.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A nice place to hang out in the night time. The terrace and rooftop overlook the square and it's very relaxing, the interior is great too. The food is totally average though, but all things being equal, you might as well be in an above average setting!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Expensive for Morocco at 10 euros per head for their set menu, but cheap compared to Europe for food that is pretty good. However, what sets this place apart are the views from the top terrace. Pop in earlier in the day to reserve yourself a table and you won't be disappointed soaking up a gorgeous sunset over Chefchaouen!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have visited this restaurant once during my stay in Chefchaouen. The place look great, the decoration as the name says, reminds the Aladdin tales. The view is also superb to the main square of the city and the kasban.

I´m the only one thinking that a restaurant priority should be food quality?

However, the service is bad and food poor!
Besides that "taste" depends from person to person, when we are talking about founding a metal piece in the middle of Pastilla (traditional dish), I beleive noone will be indifferent with this situation. I suppose was part of the pan, but anyway I don´t like to find metal things in my food and beside that can be dangerous.

If you are looking for a nice view and fun decoration, this is a good option, if you are planning to have a decent meal, may not!

2  Thank Henrique d
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I´m the only one thinking that a restaurant priority should be food quality?

However, the service is bad and food poor!

2  Thank Henrique d