“Best place I ate in Morrocco”
Review of Pizzeria Mandala

Pizzeria Mandala
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Chefchaouen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I live in Florence and have a bad time eating this well! Amazing menu. The teas are to die for, especially the ones with dried fruit and must!
The service is welcoming and efficient and the atmosphere is really unique! You have to try it!

1  Thank ScandaLizzy

Reviewed March 6, 2013

At the point where you have tired of tajine and cous cous this small restaurant offers you well cooked, tasty and .well presented Italian food.The service is very good and the staff make you feel very welcome.Situated down the hill from the Kasbah.

1  Thank Chrisara14
Reviewed February 10, 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews I was a little hesitant to go here but really wanted a break from all of the Moroccan food places throughout the city. I’m so glad that I ignored the reviews! The food was great and a really lovely atmosphere. My husband and I shared a mozzarella/tomato/pesto appetizer which back in New York is quite common but I have rarely seen this in Morocco (I live here) and was better than many I’ve had in New York. For mains, we had a four cheese pasta and a pizza with a local goat cheese and mushrooms – both of which were good, but not unique. For dessert, we shared a chocolate fondant, which was really really good.

1  Thank laurenjamie816
Reviewed February 1, 2013

A very fine italian restaurant with jazz music for a reasonable price.
No alcoholic drinks available. Near the Parador hotel. Also pizza for takeaway.

2  Thank HenkenCobiDiepeveen
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Coming from mediterranean Malta, I did not expect to find a half-decent pizza anywhere in Morocco, let alone up here in the mountains.

We were delighted to find this place after a recommendation from our hotel keeper. The pizza here was good and a breath of fresh air after endless tagines and couscous, it was however tiny, so I would recommend getting two ;) Pity we only found this place on our last night in chefchaouen.

1  Thank timmyspiteri