Riad Baraka
Hotel Casa Miguel(Chefchaouen)
Hotel Dar Mounir(Chefchaouen)
Dar Meziana(Chefchaouen)
  • Breakfast included
Lina Ryad & Spa(Chefchaouen)
Hotel Parador(Chefchaouen)
View Hotel
All reviewsroof terracethe ownerprivate roomplace to staymain gateenjoyed our stayhot watershared bathroomwonderful terracethe location is perfectsurrounding mountainsstunning viewsbeautiful placeannejoehostelriad
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have just checked out this hotel. I still could not believe what I have experienced with this tall skinny British manager guy!
We had trouble with lock from outside so we rang the bell and he looked at us through the glass window but disappeared again and ignored us. (5,6 min. later the maintanance guy helped with the key. But this was just bigenning. My friend had a upset stomack from water,food who knows, and use bathroom in the publc area. After that that guy was furious saying that she left the toilet dirty and she should clean the toilet as clean as before . He use S-words twice to us and this was taken place in the lobby area so anybody could hear that. Fortunately she did not understand English so she did not hurt her feeling that much but I could not believe that guys attitude. He uses F-word in the normal comversaions!
We stays 2 night and duaring the stay, he continuasly harassed us saying we ware noisy or when we asked for breakfast he was annoyed and reply he was doing it.
I could not relax at all being afraid of him complaining us. I tried to be polite until check out so he would not harass us anymore.
Hotel is nice and clean. Problem is just him! We are 2 nice Japanse women who wanted see the beautiful town but it ruined our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
32  Thank hipnip100
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is the best riad in chefcouen, if you are looking for great value, good vibe and cleanness come here. Joe is an excelent host and makes fantastic breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Ceyzag
Reviewed June 28, 2012

As other reviewers have stated this Riad is beautiful, priced very well, clean as a whistle and renovated with amazing care and attention to detail. My husband and I spent two nights there in May and felt it was the best value in Morocco. Joe was an excellent host without being too "in your face" and he served a great breakfast, with not too much food but it was nutritious, tasty and nicely presented. We felt very comfortable at this Riad and would definitely recommend it to other travelers.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janet b
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I spent 2 nights here in June '12, and wish I could have stayed longer. Joe is great and you can tell he's put a lot of work into the place- it's beautiful! Located just within the medina, Baraka is a great home base for exploring Chaouen, and Joe was super helpful telling us what the "must-see"s were. the rooms are cozy, the beds comfortable, and the view from the rooftop terrace is amazing! (be careful taking pictures up there, though. Conservative women hang laundry on their roofs and take offense.)
This is the best deal in Chefchaouen, and definitely one of the top places to stay, in terms of quality. If I ever get the chance to go back to Chefchaouen, you can be sure I will be staying at riab baraka!!

Room Tip: rooms with a shower are a bit pricier but definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Meg_Sull
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I'd recommend everyone who wants to go traveling around Morocco to end up his trip in Chefchaouen, specially in Riad Baraka. Morocco is a lovely place to visit but sometimes you get a bit tired because of the huge cultural differences. A lot of people come to you every time in the streets trying to sell you something but in Chef things are a bit different. Just avoid the 2 guys (always these 2 annoying guys) who are gonna come to you, and try to guide you to the hostel and also sell you something else. They are always the same both guys and they are really really annoying. Before you do anything in Chef, talk a bit to Joe, he is an English guy who lives in Morocco for more than ten years and he has all the good tips about places to go and how to behave with these annoying people.

His Riad is just amazing and one of the best in the whole Morocco. The place is incredibly clean, organized, and his terrace is simply the best to chill out and see the sunset. You can order food in the restaurant in the corner and the guys is gonna bring it up to the terrace, and you pay for the whole menu, including the delicious orange juice, 5 euros. Ask Joe about the hiking in the Rif Mountains, it's just amazing, and completely worth. Try to spend at least 6 hours there, otherwise is kinda rush and in the end you are gonna say the same as I did, it was not enough. We've spent 4 hours and it was away from being enough.
If you don't wanna go hiking, and just wanna have a relaxing time in Morocco, go to Riad Baraka and you'll understand why Chef and this Riad are the best combination in Morocco!

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms close to the staircase. They may be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo