This beach resort may not be the last word in luxury but I would absolutely recommend it for the reasons below:
1) The price is reasonable especially if booked through Booking.com
2) The room is big and spacious with a balcony, a sizeable bathroom and kitchen and a double bed.
3) They provide free wifi which you can get in the room and pool although there are times where the connection fails but it's not for long.
4) It's right by the beach and also has a pool with umbrellas and deck chairs. It's your choice - swim in the Indian Ocean or in the pool.
5) It comes with pots and pans, an induction cooker, a fridge, plates, bowls, cutleries, glasses, electric kettle, microwave oven so if you get the urge to cook, you can indulge. Otherwise, you can order food from nearby restaurants or eat out.
6) The room is clean, the bed comfortable and room service is daily.
There is a bus stop about 2 minutes-walk but if you don't mind splurging, you can call for a taxi. Taxi fares are 300 rupee to go to Grand Baie per trip. Otherwise, you can rent a car to get around.
One drawback is that the supervisor/caretaker/manager is there only during working hours (9/9.30am to about 5pm) and there is no phone in the room so you need to get to the office to speak to him. If your room is not on the ground floor, you would need to use the stairs as there is no lift available.
They do help to carry your luggage for you though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the magnificent lagoon of Mon Choisy, our Apart Hotel is next to the one of the most beautiful and longest beaches where you can swim, snorkel, sail or soak up the north coast sun. A short walk will bring you to a number of activities such as water sports, tennis, horse riding, deep sea fishing or enjoy a drink in the nearby friendly restaurant. This Apart Hotel offers the perfect sun and fun holiday with the swimming pool and beach to laze around, whilst the more fun lovers can head further north, a 10 minute drive to the cosmopolitan coastal town of Grand Bay renowned for its restaurants, bars and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mon Choisy Beach R. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mon Choisy Beach R. Mauritius/Mont Choisy