Redang Pelangi Resort
$288
$264
  • Breakfast included
Redang Island Resort(Pulau Redang)
$84
$75
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Redang Beach Resort(Pulau Redang)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdive centresnorkeling tripsrescue diver courseroast duckwear life jacketsjack sparrowshower gelmerang jettybaby sharksfishfree flowquad roomaffordable staydaily housekeepingopen waterbus stationdive guide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed as a group of 12 persons from Aug 15- Aug 17. looking for the pick up point from the Terengganu Bus Stop is a breeze as the Pelangi Office is just in front of it (almost beside 711). there you can wait and relax while waiting for the other tourists to arrive. the shuttle bus service departs at around 830pm to pick up again another set of tourists from the Airport (some flights might be delayed) but no need to worry of being left behind by the ferry boat, if you take their shuttle bus. from the bus stop to Merang Jetty, it will take you around 1hr travel time.

the boat ride is about 45mins. Once you arrive at the Resort. you need to hurry and proceed to the reception area, so that you can check in early. There is only one lady at the counter so she's a little bit harassed by the tourists asking this and that. We booked 3 rooms (2 rooms with 2 double bed and a room with 1 double +2 single) that is adjacent to each other, but they given us different from we have requested. since the resort is fully booked, we dont mind. the rooms are okay. just some beddings still got some stains from the previous occupants, or the staff didn't washed properly. the rooms are not sound proof, you can hear the voices from the room beside.

the snorkeling tour were great. its just that the guide will tell you: "you can swim without the lifevest, but its not our responsible if something happen to you." a very not-so-kind-words from a tourist guide.

the Resort offers a full board buffet, from breakfast, lunch afternoon tea and dinner. some food were not that tasty compared to other, but definitely for each meal, there is one outstanding food that you wanted to have a second plate for.

we weren't able to see the baby shark due to strong current.

beers and liquors are expensive at the resort, though they serve halal food, the resort itself doesn't mind if you bring alcoholic drinks from mainland, though you need to keep it cold yourself.

The Resort bar is a bit boring, or my group is just looking for a party or a beach music to hear, from the whole duration of our stay we only hear oldies and goodies music from the 80's and 90's. though its quite relaxing when we realized.

8am for a checkout is quite early, I suggest to have it around 9am instead.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank mitok
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed as a family - 2 children 11,13 & completed our open water diving PADI certificate, having completed the theory & confined water in the UK.
The same as the previous reviewer we had Hann, he was great, was patient & kind & instilled confidence.

As we did the diving in 2 days, it was action-packed. I would recommend staying longer so you can enjoy the beauty of the island and actually relax.

The management of the hotel are exceptionally helpful. The staff in the food area were very polite and smily.
The food is fine - I'm not a fussy eater & I enjoyed it.
The room was a quad room, but we spent hardly any time in it at all, so it was basic but provided what we needed - a comfortable bed & a shower. The air conditioning was fine & always felt cool on entering.

As all we did was dive - the resort was value for money.

I was very happy with our stay, my only criticism was the music from the bar was too loud, we asked for a quieter room, which we were given but the base was still clearly audible.

Room Tip: Great place to both snorkel and complete diving course.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ros w
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Best thing about this hotel is the natural environment... More reminiscent of a holiday camp or youth hostel than a real hotel.
The rooms are quite basic and quite dirty. The water installation of bathroom is salted water, the tiles are peeled by salt. The horrible smell in the bathroom was the fragrance of the room...The windows did not lock properly and entered mosquitoes at night.
The food was pretty bad, unvaried and exclusively for Asian palates (very spicy).
Rest and silence in the room became almost impossible. The bar, which was located very near to the rooms, opened from the 8'00pm to delight with live Chinese music sessions until 2'00am. Totally unfortunate, considering that breakfast started at 7'00am. Also, if you were in a top floor, you could notice how the beds vibrate every time a guest left his room.
But worst of all was the transfer from Kuala Terengganu to Redang. First, the bus was delayed 30 minutes, then we went to the airport to pick up more guests. When we finally got to the pier, there were two Redang Pelangi boats, one large and one small. Although the weather conditions were bad and I requested to take the big boat, they decided to ride the small. As a result, we had the worst trip I've ever done in a boat. We've been caught by a storm halfway and I think all the passengers thought we were going to sink. It began taking on water in the boat, the driver seemed totally disoriented and frightened, and did not even have radio. Easily the worst could have happened, only in order to save money.
In short, poor organization, poor food, basic rooms and poor facilities. I would not recommend this hotel unless you are Chinese, as everything is focused on them.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pauldvv
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed here for a few days to get my open water diver certificate. The dive centre on site was great and I would strongly recommend my dive instructor Hann, who was very patient and professional. I had waited until quite late to book and it was busy season so I ended up in a dorm room which was pretty basic, but it had hot water and air conditioning. Strangely, despite encountering very few mosquitoes outside there were always several in my room, which I would attempt to kill before going to bed, but one would always survive to bite me in the night. The food was plentiful and you were served delicious meals 4 times a day, with cold, safe water and juice available all day (so no need to buy water bottles). The food was predominantly asian, as most of the clients were asian, however there was always some western options - and I like asian food so it was great for me. The island was pleasant and relaxing, and the bar played live music in the evenings.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Room and bathroom: Average,however the tap and shower water taste kinda salty. Air-cond is leaking but still functional.

Food: Average canteen food. BBQ dinner was good especially the fish wrap.

Activities: Snorkeling is the only fun activities. Live band at the bar was terrible, only mandarin songs available.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends