“My favourite place in Redang!”

Redang Pelangi Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've been to Redang twice. This resort is nice. Average resort and I found it to be among the cheapest in the Long Beach. The room is very basic with hot shower. No TV, but who need TV in Redang?

The meals are good. BBQ are very nice. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Every night i will hangout with them in the pub. Had a great time staying here. Will definitely come back soon.

I love Redang. It is one of the most beautiful island.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Derpette

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Overall, this resort was a great place to stay, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly (they even memorised our names, maybe cause we were western). The food was different every meal, the bbq dinner is awesome, oh boy, that lamb. Great value for money, the snorkeling trips are pretty good, somewhere different on each trip.

The dive center was great, really friendly and helpful, all the equipment was in fair condition.

Room Tip: Away from the bar, the music gets cranked up from about 9pm and does not stop...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Peety117
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I've been here twice for the last three years and its reasonable cost is the only factor why I chose the place. Not that comfy compared to other better rated resort but as long as I can enjoy my dives, nothing else matters.
Speaking of food, definitely not to impress my tastebuds but you can always find some other restaraunt around the island though.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank JoyjugeKl
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Not a family type resort...but the bar is a highlight. They play pretty much the MTV music...but it rocks from 10 to midnight. They make an effort to switch the music off but the crowd still stays. We stayed 3 night and not a single night we were back to the room earlie than 2am. I noticed that people come there from other resorts. They also allow to charge the drinks to the room, which was great after we ran out of cash after 1st night. The bill can be settled by credit card at departure.
Dive shop is also fine. Overall, liked it and would recommend it to those seeking some party on a beautiful island.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DanilaOrlantsev
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I want to say that I had an amazing trip to Pulau Redang thanks to your staff and the great experiences I shared with both the staff and travelers there alike.

A few pros and cons I would like to highlight which you could use for further improvement in the near future to make it an absolutely perfect stay.

Cons:
- Room and bathroom conditions could be improved by design and updated so it does not look as dated or flimsy. Eg. Showers, bigger basins, wardrobe space, less flimsy furniture, sound proofing walls and doors.
- Sound proofing is something that can be looked at during late evening club music so as to allow tired guests to rest. Again, upgrading room conditions are key to this.
- A little more diversity in food is great for those staying long term. Eg ice-cream, salad bar. Then again, food is excellent as it is as well.
- Flexible and cheaper package options would help allow a customer to customize the ideal holiday. Eg. Room upgrades, additional perks, additional discounts for multiple packages or extended stays.

Pros:
- Fantastic food! Was not disappointed.
- Cosy room. But much can be improved as listed above.
- Great friendly staff! Kudos to those staff especially from Myanmar and Nepal for being especially friendly and cheerful and giving a good impression that their employer takes both staff and guests satisfaction well into consideration. Happy staff means great service. Great service means happy customers. Keep it up!
- Lovely resort location and design in front of jetty.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Supertjs
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I will give 2 stars for this resort.

I was excited when I arrived at the resort. As usual they will give simple briefing about the hotel, activities, etc. I hope the receptions welcome us better. I travel with my friends and some of them are Chinese so we prefer to hear the briefing in English so that all of us can understand them better. But i was frustrated when they give the "look" when we politely request for them to give briefing in English. It seems very hard for them to find someone who can give briefing in English. I hope they will improve since they are in tourism industry.

The food was good. they served different type of nice cooking all the time. So I give credits for that.

The room was good also. luckily we take chalet room since we have 5 of us. Just enough bed for all of us. the space is enough for us to play some card game during at night. But the water smell so bad and it taste so bad too. I suggest you to use mineral water to brush your teeth, because the taste is awful.

Snorkeling equipment, I wasn't lucky enough to get the good one. I changed 3 times and yet still having problems with my equipment. Their quality is bad, and when I tried to change for the forth time they just won't allow it. Not really enjoying my snorkeling trip.

Lack of information given during the snorkeling trip. For example briefing, never really teach us how to use the equipment. I have to teach my friends how to use it and what you should do in the water etc.

Their beach boy is throwing cigarette bud to the ocean. They should teach us to love and take care of our nature, but sadly they fail to do that.

Thanks.

Room Tip: If you by a group really suggest you to take their chalet room because it has a enough.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chobt
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Based on the reviews I read, I gave this place a shot. Sadly, its the worst experience ever. From the moment we arrived until we left!. The place is too crowded, too noisy and the staff are not helpful.
If you are looking for a quiet and good vacation, do not even try this place. You will be so dissapointed. We had to rent a private boat as we do not want the join a cramped boat for snorkelling.
The beach is nice but dirty. We had to wait for hours to check in and check out. Only after complaining various times we were able get a room. A total nightmare. Yes I wouldld go to Redang again but NEVER this place!

• Stayed: June 2012
#4 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Redang Bay Resort
Redang Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Pulau Redang

Been to Redang Pelangi Resort? Share your experiences!