I am an Italian guy that is just back from a 5D6N in Redang Holiday Beach Villa and I have to say that most of the review I saw in trip advisor about this resort don't give a complete idea of this place, they are just bunch of complaining without any actual real information.
I want to say that before leave for Redang Island I've been reading all the reviews/comments in trip advisor about this place so I had the chance to actually compare all the comments I saw with the place I visited (I must say I was quite nervous about staying in that place after reading the people's bad judgments).
1) Malaysia isn't a fully developed country and Redang Island is a tiny island in to a protect marine park. Service structure cannot compete with other countries facilities. Despite that Redang also offers other resorts with higher standard than “Holiday Beach Villa” but, obviously, much more expensive.
Here I mostly read about people that want to go on a Paradise Tropical Island, have Grand Hotel Quality services and…well..pay Bed ‘n Breakfast …. Come on… if it doesn’t match all these three requirements it gets judged as a “[--]-hole”.
Comments on other visitor comments:
1) “Floor was full of sand and even the rug on the floor was sandy”.
Both our rooms were enough clean, I saw them cleaning the floor carefully after people checked out but of course there will always be some small cracks with sands…in case you didn’t get it yet, this resort is on the beach, your shoes will get full of sands, your bed sheets will get full of sands and so on… if you want a sand-proof room, well schedule your vacations on a mountain next time!
2) “Food is all Chinese and Malaysian food” & “the guy cooking eggs spat sever times”
You travel half of the world to get to Malaysia, go to KT, take 1 hour boat and you complain it has not western food? Of course 95% of the food is Malaysian/Asian…you are staying in Asia my friends… if you wanna eat your moms spaghetti bring it from home, but don’t expect a small resort on a tiny tropical island to cook cannelloni for you…. Beside, BBQ meat, French fries, and bbq chicken wings are quite western to me…if you want they have plenty of MC in KL while waiting in the airport….
As for spitting, well nobody can say it’s a positive thing, but I would just like to say that I lived in Asia the last years of my life and it is common (unfortunately) to see cookers spitting all time, even in the British shining Hong Kong, the fancy Shanghai and so on…I am not defending the spitters, but that is a common “event” in Asia not a plague of Redang Holiday Beach Villa.
Food was good (standard buffet quality) and plenty, it is not true that you have to be there 1 hour before or they will run out of staffs…I went eating even 1 hour half after the lunch time and still could find plenty of food to eat, I don’t know what people are talking about.
I have to say that after 3 or 4 days you might bored to eat their buffet, but the beach offers many other alternative in a 10 minutes walking range.
Most of the other comments I read come from people that either had a bad experience or aren’t used to travel at all… just to make it a short summary of them:
- “I lost my snorkeling mask they want to charge me”….. is that such a surprise? Take care of the things you rent or bring your own stuffs…
-“I have to clean my own plate, take the stuffs back to the kitchen” …you only have to drop it on the way out, what a big deal as in all fast food in the world….
-“ I paid 160 USD/night… 600RM/night…” gee complain your travel agent guys if you got over charged…
-“Staff cannot speak English”…not true, the higher position people can speak English, they might have a strong accent but it is understandable; beside they all can also speak Mandarin (which is traveling language in Asia).
I wonder if any of these people have ever spent a couple of days in any small Italian Hotel….what about their nonexistent English???
-“Nights are ruined by music until 12”….I had a room close to the bar and I couldn’t hear any noise once the door was closed; furthermore EACH resort on Redang Island has music running to 1 am…
Holiday Beach Villa has Karaoke while others have Disco Music, South American Music and so on..this is common all over the island.
The Resort must improve some aspects (2nd line standard rooms have a really bad view on Electricity generators and some trash deposit while the 1st line has a great view) and strength some services already provided (better purifying water system for showers and more hangers for the dresses) but it is really not a bad choice.
It has the best position among all the resorts, it is the most isolated one while all the others are almost connected each other (by isolated I mean 5/6 minutes walking from the closest one) and if you really want to can use other’s resort services by paying (different restaurants, diving centers, etc.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Redang Holiday Beach Villa is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Spectacularly located at the edge of a beautiful lagoon, Redang Holiday Beach Villa is the most picturesque and charming of the resorts on Redang Island. Built of beautiful local hardwoods, the traditional rustic Malay style architecture of the resort is almost camouflaged into the island's lush green interior. Each of the air-conditioned rooms has its own private balcony and en suite bathroom. Just a stone's throw from the resort beyond the beautiful powdery white sand, you can enjoy snorkelling or scuba diving in the crystal clear warm waters teeming with rainbow coloured fish and spectacular coral. In the evenings you can sit out on the verandah over the water and enjoy a quiet, cool refreshing drink as you watch the evening sunset hues of amber melt into the darkening tropical sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Redang Holiday Beach Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redang Holiday Beach Villa Hotel Pulau Redang
- Redang Holiday Beach Hotel