Coral Redang Island Resort
$166
$138
Priceline
  • Pool
Redang Island Resort(Pulau Redang)
$83
$73
  • Restaurant
$153
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Redang Pelangi Resort(Pulau Redang)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Redang Beach Resort(Pulau Redang)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdive centresnorkeling tripsbean bagspoolside barfishsuperior roomblack tiprefillable water bottlestook lots of picturessustainable tourismsubject to availabilitybeach umbrellasgreat divingsnorkelling packagerooms are decentchanging areamoray eels
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We spent 3 nights at the Coral Redang and had a great time. The staff were always helpful and available. Our family went snorkeling and diving, and enjoyed it very much. Our boat driver, on the snorkeling trips, also took us to where we could see turtles. That was a highlight of the trip.
The down side for me was the rooms could have been a bit cleaner. I do know it is diffacult in a beach enviroment. The Buffet food was fine by me but my husband was disapointed. It was not bad, just not great.
If I could ,I would deffinatly go again and recomend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2010

The Coral Redang has an excellent atmosphere and stands head and shoulders above the other resorts on the island. The resort is still earth and bamboo but with a certain amount of luxury. The staff were all very friendly and the manager Eric made our stay for us. The attached dive shop was also very good with friendly staff and good small dive numbers. We were travelling as two couples but I think the Redang would also be very good for famlies.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2009

We stayed 3 nights in a quiet detached cottage that provides a bit worn out room with average bed and well-worn blanket and a dirty smelly bathroom with lots of mould,hair and other dirts bathing in the rotten water under the bathmate!(see my pictures)
great location,friendly restaurant and bar staff,correct but repetitive food
I won't go back!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bernard69
Reviewed October 23, 2009

We chose to stay at Coral Redang on our recent trip to Redang Island, and are very glad we did. It is basic and a little run down, however it was absolutely perfect for what we wanted. If you don't like big resorts and want to go somewhere to relax, snorkel, eat good buffet lunches and dinners, and swim - then this is the perfect place for you. The chalets are set back from the beach, it's very peaceful and very few people around. If you go stay at the Laguna or the new Spa Resort (just opened and located next door) you are constantly surrounded by people. Watching the Laguna snorkeling boat rock up to a reef is hilarous, with 3 boats and hundreds of people piling out the back of the boat to all find them selves swimming and kicking over each other in their bright orange life jackets. We did 4 snorkeling trips with Coral (best visibility ever!) and the most we had on our boat was 20 people.

My only criticism of the place was that we had a bit of an altercation with a couple of the dive staff that work there after they had too much to drink one night, and the hotel Manager was pretty arrogant every time we had the misfortune to interact with him - however having said that, one of the girls that works in the dive centre, Rose, was one of the most kind natured, beautiful people you are ever likely to meet and the rest of the staff were very friendly and accomodating, so I guess that balanced it out!

All in all though I would highly recommend this property to anyone who feels like chilling out on a beautiful island for a few days. I want to go back!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank MattyWhyte
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I guess we got off on the wrong foot when we arrived here as they only have single beds (which the staff suggest you push together to make a double) - I wish I had known this beforehand as I did not like this arrangement. The room is clean but the bathroom is outdated. Our shower did not drain properly and the electricity completely went out every time I turned the hot water on. We did inform the staff of this and I do hope they fix this so no one else has this experience. The food is mediocre and after our first meal we began to eat at cheaper and more authentic places down the beach. The staff who are in charge of the water activities are lovely. The snorkeling on the beach is great but I think that in general on coral redang the idea of conservation should be introduced. Feeding fish loaves of bread by each and every tourist is plain silly. Overall I loved the beach and the nightlife at other places on Coral Redang and would come back here but I would probably pay a little more next time and stay at Laguna.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple