“To describe my experience as EXCELLENT is an understatement.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Redang
Coral Redang Island Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
“To describe my experience as EXCELLENT is an understatement.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked Coral Redang due to its promising feedbacks from fellow divers and we certainly felt that they deserved this review from me (I dread to write reviews unless the place is incorrigibly lousy). The dives that were guided by Mamat were simply amazing. As a new diver, I picked up new pointers from this particular dive master and he was extremely patient, meticulous and experienced. I will definitely recommend him to anyone, whether you are new to the sport or want to explore the beautiful waters the island has to offer. The staffs were cordial, helpful and attentive to our needs and requests. Food too, was great, especially for their local delights. It was a very relaxing trip for the both of us and a great escape from our hectic city lives. We will definitely return to this place we call 'the paradise'.

3 Thank Mellissa L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Thai first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After having a bad experience at the Redang Bay resort I checked into this place. It's one of the few nice places along Long Beach, which is very commercial and busy. Coral Redang and the owner know how to make you feel comfortable and have the best holiday. All facilities are there: great rooms (recommend staying in the superior), pool, bar, restaurant with good food, etc. And the place is not too big so you get personal and friendly service. Overall a worry-free holiday place on one of the most beautiful islands in Malaysia. Definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Standard room is very standard with a not so great bathroom. Superior is really good and comfy! I st...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Pauliendehaes
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Decent beach hotel and with an all in dive package 4d and 3n all inclusive for c1500rm. Service good, pleasant pool and reasonable choice for buffet meals. Close to beach and dive centre reasonable although felt dive centre could have done with more support and boat staff.

1 Thank Essexmob
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in suite with family for 5 days.
Beach and water was very clean.

Staffs are very friendly and nice.
And Room was clean, but can find many kinds of bugs.
(Probably Cannot be helped if you are in Malaysia)

you should be careful at neighbors, few hotels at the same beach.
Many group tourists, and very noisy...
Chinese karaoke, and disco music at the night time...

I want to come back again but not in the peak season.
Coral Redang is best in Redang, well balanced in many ways.
Thanks to the friendly staffs.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank TJ6793
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Hubs and I stayed at the Coral Redang for 5D4N. We were here for a mini-honeymoon about a week after our wedding. I was on the PADI Open Water Course package and hubs took the 3D2N Diving Package, on top of which we added on just board plus meals for the extra nights.

We liked the resort location which was along a secondary strip of the beach, yet close enough to the main beach. There was a balance of privacy and activity.

Size-wise, the resort was probably one of the smaller/mid-sized ones on the island. This kept it cosy enough for us to get to know the very friendly staff as well as other guests over our stay. No need to contend with long buffet lines or crowded pools.

We stayed in a standard room on the ground floor. It was comfortable if a tad old, especially the bathroom. But everything was clean and worked.

The meals were served buffet style in the main dining area. Food was tasty even if the chef tended to over cook some of the meats. The poolside bar served reasonably priced (as reasonable as can be expected on an island resort) drinks, ice cream and snacks.

The diving experience was the only part which left mixed feelings. I had always been apprehensive about being underwater, and while I successfully completed my PADI OWC this time, I wished I had a different instructor. If not for the other instructors we met who were way more patient, kind and took the time to go through learning points in more detail with me, I probably would have quit halfway. Hubs had the opportunity to dive with all the instructors at various points during the trip and noticed the difference in experience between them too.

We enjoyed our stay a lot mostly due to the very helpful and friendly staff. It made our holiday feel like a family visit instead of to some big, impersonal resort.

2 Thank Guak
Goldens Bridge, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Coral Redang Island resort in Sept 2012. The beach is beautiful, the snorkeling and SCUBA were good.

The problems came at night. The neighboring resort was having a concert. It was annoying, kept us up for an hour or so, but could be dealt with.

The second night, the music was MUCH LOUDER. Went to talk to the staff at the bar, and they said that there was nothing they could do about it, but it would be done in half an hour. An hour later it was still going on, I went back and was told it would be another 15 minutes. At this point, I asked to switch to another room, as ours was only about 100 feet from the stage. They said no room was available. An hour later I went back, told that there was nothing they could do, would be another little while... this repeated from about 9pm until 2am. It was left that the manager would be available for us to speak to in the morning as we had an early check-out and ferry.

In the morning, no manager, no one we could talk to.

Essentially, just horrible service. I can understand that sometimes businesses are also the victims of their neighbors, but there was no attempt to make any adjustment to deal with it.

Basically, buyer beware.

Room Tip: At another resort. The beach is beautiful, and there are several options.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Odubik
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Pulau Redang is indeed heaven in earth and Coral Redang Hotel is a beautiful place to stay. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. The sea is crystal clear, we saw reef sharks and a huge turtle and obviously thousands of colorful fishes just by swimming 10 meters from the beach, the corals are intact and beautiful.

We stayed in the suite room and it was worthwhile, lots of space,separate sitting room and nice terrasse with view on the beach and sea.

The service was just perfect. The staff very experienced and helpful and gentle. The food was just exquisit, lots of choices at the buffet. Really excellent chef.

The most impressive of our stay was the diving. We would like to thanks Aaron our dive master for his kindness, patience and professionalism. All was outstanding. We cannot stop talking of it. You made all of us three, including our son, very happy and the dives we did were just outstanding.

I can recommend Coral Redang to everyone who wants to be in a beautiful place to relax, swim snorkel and dive. There is lots of space on the beach, even if there are other tourists ( we were there during Chinese holidays) it never gets full.

We are definetely coming back to Redang next year.

Room Tip: Chose the suite, there are only two, but its worth the extra amount of money.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family