“Beautiful beach, horrible service and location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Redang
Coral Redang Island Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Coral Redang Island resort in Sept 2012. The beach is beautiful, the snorkeling and SCUBA were good.

The problems came at night. The neighboring resort was having a concert. It was annoying, kept us up for an hour or so, but could be dealt with.

The second night, the music was MUCH LOUDER. Went to talk to the staff at the bar, and they said that there was nothing they could do about it, but it would be done in half an hour. An hour later it was still going on, I went back and was told it would be another 15 minutes. At this point, I asked to switch to another room, as ours was only about 100 feet from the stage. They said no room was available. An hour later I went back, told that there was nothing they could do, would be another little while... this repeated from about 9pm until 2am. It was left that the manager would be available for us to speak to in the morning as we had an early check-out and ferry.

In the morning, no manager, no one we could talk to.

Essentially, just horrible service. I can understand that sometimes businesses are also the victims of their neighbors, but there was no attempt to make any adjustment to deal with it.

Basically, buyer beware.

Room Tip: At another resort. The beach is beautiful, and there are several options.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Odubik

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Pulau Redang is indeed heaven in earth and Coral Redang Hotel is a beautiful place to stay. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. The sea is crystal clear, we saw reef sharks and a huge turtle and obviously thousands of colorful fishes just by swimming 10 meters from the beach, the corals are intact and beautiful.

We stayed in the suite room and it was worthwhile, lots of space,separate sitting room and nice terrasse with view on the beach and sea.

The service was just perfect. The staff very experienced and helpful and gentle. The food was just exquisit, lots of choices at the buffet. Really excellent chef.

The most impressive of our stay was the diving. We would like to thanks Aaron our dive master for his kindness, patience and professionalism. All was outstanding. We cannot stop talking of it. You made all of us three, including our son, very happy and the dives we did were just outstanding.

I can recommend Coral Redang to everyone who wants to be in a beautiful place to relax, swim snorkel and dive. There is lots of space on the beach, even if there are other tourists ( we were there during Chinese holidays) it never gets full.

We are definetely coming back to Redang next year.

Room Tip: Chose the suite, there are only two, but its worth the extra amount of money.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ANERKA_2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were 2 adults staying in a standard twin room for the 3 day/ 2 night package.
Having previously stayed at another hotel along the main stretch of Redang, I am very impressed with this resort.

Coral redang Island resort is located on arguably the best part of this beautifully white beach.
Redang island remains a picture postcard with crystalclear water.

Standard rooms are relatively simple but are air-conditioned and perfectly adequate. Shower rooms could do with an upgrade. Duluxe rooms looked very nice indeed.

The pool on the resort is fantastic and the food included in the buffet is of good quality and variety.

The resort has a tranquil and chic atmosphere. All the staff are very friendly.
Look forward to coming back!

3  Thank honestreviewuk
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked the 3D2N package + 1 extra night... We ended up staying for 5 nights, best resort on the island. Great location, we stayed in a deluxe room, which was really nice - the room was made up daily with new towels etc. I would request an upstairs room at the front of the resort next time. However, you don't really spend much time in your room, with the beach, pool or bar at your fingertips! The resort is pretty small, which is perfect... More relaxed atmosphere. The staff are amazing, so helpful and friendly - they even helped us with our terrible pronounciations of some Malay phrases. Half of the resort is solar powered which we thought was wonderful - with the whole resort to be upgraded to the same. The buffet food is good, but the ala carte menu was really, really good. One last thing the snorkeling is amazing... The trips as well as just off the beach! Definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank amaggsy
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our group of 5 women loved everything about Coral Redang, so we stayed 2 extra nights. Marvin was very helpful and mingled with the guests. Would definitely stay here again, no hesitation (and we did check out other places)! Thankyou to everyone for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 3futurebackpackers
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Resort at the quieter end with clear beaches in front mostly. Mamat was fantastic ensuring I dived at different sites and helped me find some great macro shots. Went during the week so was nice and quiet but can wander around to the other side or Holiday for drinks and laughs. Staff were efficient, obliging and room was reasonably well kept (suite 102). Only criticism was that it was ear shot of music at pelangi next door (closest room to that bar) but stopped at midnight and I am a sound sleeper! Food was reasonable but not fantastic and enjoyed going to summer point for a few meals.

Room Tip: Not the suite 102 if you are a light sleeper. Deluxe facing the water looked good.
1  Thank Bryan W
Reviewed June 19, 2013

It's a last min decision & I already knew I will have probs with hotel bookings cos it’s a school holiday period. Fortunately, I was very lucky they took me in but I had to change room on my last nite due to my standard room being booked in advance. Absolutely no prob! I'm being greeted every single day by ѐ staff. They were absolutely friendly! They called me by my name & everybody seems to know everybody after just 1day! I feel so at home! I was there for diving & ѐ package was reasonable enuf considering I booked very late. È resort looks great! È new wing resort looks fantastic! I had 6 dives on 6 different locations & they were all fantastic! Diving masters were very professional in their job. I simply love ѐ 3mins b4 ascending. I was initially a lil worried about ѐ diving equipments but after I had ѐ hands on, worry no more! Diving equipments may not be new but they were all in good condition. I can tell by ѐ diving masters experienced when they can ACTUALLY find ѐ poison fish on ѐ sea bed! I'm just so impressed! This is really a friendly resort. Buffet day&nite were absolutely delicious! Thumbs up to ѐ chef. Everyday different dishes! Among all these, I still thinking there are something which they can improve on. È standard rooms area I think are very much infested with mosquitos. Maybe they could clean that area up especially behind the toilet area or prepare mosquito repellent round the clock. È wifi wasnt' that good. I had prob most time to log in except after 11pm where there are not many users. To summarised, it’s a great resort to stay..

Room Tip: Superior rooms at the new wing. Far much better than the standard rooms which are quite infested wi...
4  Thank OlynnSaleh
22 mi away
Coral View Island Resort
Coral View Island Resort
#3 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar

Been to Coral Redang Island Resort? Share your experiences!