“Good for Leisure”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Redang
Redang Kalong Resort
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We have Comort, Leisure, adventure and fun holiday. Although it is not in Long Beach, Kalong is a good environment for leisure. It is located in a quiet beach. I like the style of room (house). I very appreciate they use reuse tools, that's good for environment protection. They have free drinks provided (water, juice, coffee, tea).
I should not forget their good service, as my sunglasses was fell down in the deep sea by my careless when transfering the boat, the master and their crew help me to find it, finally got it. Thank a lot!! It is not a easy job to find small thing in the sea!! I can feel their nice, kindness throughout the stay in the Kalong Resort

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Rowenlee

Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed at Redang Kalong Resort for 6 days. We booked the stay via the internet through an online tour operator (Ping Anchorage). The resort was on a secluded beach, sharing it only with two tumbledown remnants of extinct resorts. Accommodation was spartan but adequate - a/c was a welcome bonus. One lack we noted was any sort of desk. Room was clean & bed comfortable. Rooms include small balconies with sea view rooms obviously having better views. The staff were great - welcoming, friendly & extremely helpful. The charming 'front-person' Angeline was well able to answer/help out with any inquiries & this was the case with staff in general. on one of the snorkelling trips I managed to slash a foot open on the coral & one of the staff on the boat insisted on dressing the would personally. Which leads neatly into the snorkelling: it was wonderful! The water was absolutely crystal clear with any amount of sea creatures & corals to feast the eyes on.
I noted that some reviewers have complained about the beach at the resort. It is certainly true that at low tide a lot of dead coral and some rocks are exposed - swimming is still of course possible & many people took advantage of that. Staff clean the beach in front of the resort daily & the restaurant is a great place to chill out.
Food quality is good - although if you are a westerner wanting recognisable western food, you may well be disappointed. All meals were from a self serve buffet, with Malaysian foods forming the bulk of the offerings: lots of noodles, rice & curries. Every second night was a BBQ dinner with fresh fish, chicken & lamb featuring. Breakfasts included choices such as fried or scrambled eggs, toast & cereal. A nice touch was that the packages include as much juice/water/tea/coffee as you wish. Alcohol was available for purchase at the bar adjoining the restaurant. Afternoon teas were also a feature - we loved the little doughnuts filled with sweet bean paste.
Although we did not take a PADI diving course, we spoke to many people who did & who were unanimously pleased with the quality of the instruction & of the dive sites offered.
The resort does have an internet terminal - I cannot remember what the charge was, but it was minimal. I am pretty sure that the resort offers free wi-fi connection to guests with their own computers (check their website).
It is possible to walk to the main beach (an easy 15 minute walk), where the bulk of resorts on Pulau Redang are crowded together cheek & jowl along the length of the beach. Travellers wanting hamburgers or karaoke or lots of nightlife coould find plenty there to suit them. The beach itself is really beautiful, only marred by the stench of resorts waste water being drained into the sea.
We had a lovely restful time at Redang Kalong Resort, were enchanted by its quiet location & the great staff & would certainly love to return.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Traveling with a girlfriend, thinking that we might not enjoy this place that much since we're the minority when the rest travel in groups. But we were sooo wrong!! We had the best time of our life!
The boss, receptionist, snorkel guides and even the staff workers befriended us in no time and made us feel totally at home.
Kudos to the snorkel guide for bringing us to some awesome site, and showing us to a whole new world of marine life. Twas a great encounter with the marine life that has etched in my heart forever.
Being on the other side of the island, means that we've a private beach all for our own... and staying away from the crowds and noise... That's the reason we came to this island, to escape from the norm of city.
This resort will forever have a place in my heart, somewhere which I will come back again, be it as a traveler or as a staff. This place will be somewhere I called my second home...
Thanks to the AB, snorkel guide Tim, Angie and the rest for making the rest of my stay here enjoyable & memorable!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Jane_ying
Reviewed July 21, 2010

i stayed here twice in 2010. my first time was in may 2010 and i enjoyed myself so much that i came back and stayed at this resort again in july 2010. the service is excellent at redang kalong resort. the staff are all very helpful and friendly. land and sea transfers were done excellently without a hitch. had some problems with the safe room but it was dealt with swiftly.

the rooms with attached baths are clean and basic. the best part is the clean sheets and fluffy pillows. some hotels and resorts that claim to be more luxurious cant even provide guests with fluffy pillows! food is yummy and with one BBQ dinner.

i stayed in long beach on my first visit to redang two years ago and found it too noisy and crowded. the private beach in redang kalong is a welcome blessing. i slept soundlessly each night i was there.

snorkeling trips were well organised and safe. the resort operators that i stayed in two years ago in long beach would overload the snorkeling boats so much that i had to stand. i am glad to report that this does not happen here. staff are professional and friendly and i had a great time and spotted clown fish, baby sharks, a million colourful fishes!

i definitely recommend this resort to anyone going to pulau redang. you will not regret it! the best place to stay in pulau redang is redang kalong resort!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank nianci
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Redang Kalong (also known as Diver's Den) is a fantastic place for those who want to get back to nature and enjoy the simple island life. If you are into partying, go to the other side of the island as this is a more quiet and untouched area, as it is the only resort on this particular beach.

The rooms are quite basic, with beds, a wardrobe, safe, and a bathroom. There is also air conditioning. A broom is also available, in case you feel the need to sweep the sand away from your floor in case you forgot to rinse your feet at the taps. Each place also has a small front patio complete with chairs and a clothing rack where you can dry your clothes.

Each room is part of a long house, so if you do have noisy neighbours you may be able to hear them. However, throughout my 3D/2N trip, we hardly heard noise from our neighbours except for when they shut the door. Fortunately, the main activity at night (karaoke) ends at 11pm, so unless you are an early sleeper, you will not be woken up by people who are going to bed after karaoke. Other activities available here include table tennis, darts, board games like chess and chinese checkers, and pool/snooker.

Food and drink is inclusive in the price, are available almost all the time. Breakfast, lunch, tea time, and dinner is served. Bread/toast, jam, and peanut butter are available at other times. Water, juice, tea, and coffee is available all the time. There is also a TV with Astro (cable tv) available in the dining hall. Alternatively, you can buy food and drink from the mini-store such as ice cream, beer, soft drinks, or instant noodles.

The snorkelling trips were great fun, but the house reef is even better if you want to get away from the crowds. High tide is in the morning, so you can pretty much just swim out and see lots of fishes. When I came back (in time for lunch), I saw fish right up to the shoreline! You can even see blacktip reef sharks close to the shoreline too! But don't worry, they don't bite humans. :-)

Whether you want to get into the sun and surf, lie in a hammock and enjoy the view or read a good book, or simply get back in touch with nature, this is the place to be. The most interesting thing is that I love technology and am in that line of work, but I actually find technology boring now and would prefer just being on the island! How weird is that?

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lod3st4r
Reviewed June 27, 2010

A very friendly crews from Tim running the show, Joyce at the reception and Uncle Tan the diving instructor.
You will not run hungry here, beside the usual BLD there teatime/supper and freeflow of bread/toast/drinks through the day/night.
The friendly boatman and snorkling guide gave a personal tours to the hidden underwater "treasures" something you will never get at the other resorts. Don't miss the 12noon baby shark feeding time where Tim will feed them at the jetty. Nice
Rooms are basic but fully aircon, running hot water and bed are comfortable and nice.
The wall in between the rooms however a little thin so honeymoon is not advisible,
Wi-fi at a mere MYR20 for the whole duration, a real bargain.
A great place and we will be back for sure.
Thanks guys for making our holidays memorable

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaix9
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I had an amazing time here. Rooms and surroundings were clean. Good food. Friendly staffs. Perfect location for those want a quiet and peaceful environment. we were well occupied from karaoke'ing to snorkelling. All of your needs were well taken care of.

I'll be back!

#4 of 12 in Pulau Redang
BuBu Long Beach Resort
BuBu Long Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Redang Kalong Resort? Share your experiences!