“its terrible”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Redang
Redang Kalong Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Penang Island, Malaysia
“its terrible”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

basic necessities are there, services from workers are ok. (sides the boss is arrogant) the location is the only horrible thing! its isolated! its like a dead place, the sea and sand is HORRIBLE.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I normally don't write reviews for any place I've ever traveled to, but I'm going to make an exception regarding Redang Kalong. I had booked the trip with my cousin without thorough research of what the place looked like or had to offer, we were just excited to be getting away. And a get-away is exactly what Redang Kalong offered. Not only were all our activities and meals taken care of, but during the down time, the staffs took it to another level and created an intimate friendship with all the guests. It felt like being home away from home. Most island resorts don't have hot water shower, but Kalong paid extra attention to this detail and equipped their rooms with a great A.C. as well as hot showers. The place had bare minimum and if you want to be distracted by technology, your only bet is to sit in the dining area where there's the whole resort's only T.V. I think this is great because it doesn't take away from interpersonal relationships with the people you went on vacation with; my cousin and I got talking into the wee hours of the night because of this. I highly recommend staying here not only for their minimum amenities and perfect beach front, but also diving with the instructors at Kalong is safe and fun. I'll definitely be back many times over in the course of my life!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank viviansyc
kl, malaysia
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My highlights in Redang Kalong is:

*ICE COLD beer in frosted ice cold mugs. Heaaaven on a hot, hot day!
*Super yummy grilled lamb on their BBQ dinner nites. I love their soups too!
*FUN snorkeling trips!
*Friendly staffs - Luved Angeline's sunshine cheeriness and snorkeling with Tim.
*Nice, comfy bed, plush pillows and soft duvet + super cold air cond (perfect after
spending all day in the sun!)
*Hammock under the coconut tree - greaaaat sea view at the tip of your toes!

The only setbacks are that the attached bathroom smells funny after a few flushes. Also the walls are very thin. Pray hard that the person next door isn't snoring loudly at night! ;)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank michi_kayell
Singapore
Reviewed September 29, 2009

People stay at this resort mainly to dive or snorkel. There are no eateries nearby so there free food and drinks provided - breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner. Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks available separately (not free). Aircon and hot water in the room. No TV in the room. TV in the dining area. I booked a sea-view room. There's a small veranda with chairs outside each room for you to sit and enjoy the sea view / breeze. I was very fortunate to witness a turtle making its way up the beach and laying its eggs. The resort owners said it's the 2nd visit by the turtle.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
5 Thank working4vacations
Reviewed September 22, 2009

i stayed at kalong for 2 nights at it's was a great stay. the people are friendly, the place is clean, there is food all the time, water and orange juice all the time, what more can i ask for. I went diving with them and they were v professional. I will definitely recommend it to all divers to experience staying at kalong! as for non divers, i think kalong has lots to do too, you can canoe, play volleyball, swim at the sea, snorkel, relax at the hammock, play games, mahjong, cards, sing karaoke, relax at the balcony, relax at the dining area, walk around and all..... :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank traveljunkieee
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I stay in redang kalong from 22/8 to 26/8. And my partner stayed till 29/8. Redang kalong is a place with its own secluded bay which is Teluk Kalong.
If you are looking for quiet, budget, and outdoor activities, this is the place for you.
The room is all next to each other, like a long house, only separated by a thin wood wall. The 1st and 2nd night of our stayed, we heard the next door girls fighting, crying, foot steps. And since the rooms are connected to each other, if your neighbor is inconsiderate, everytime they open, close and SLAM the door, it just wake you up and sit right up on the bed !!! HEART ATTACK !!!!
But luckily our neighbors only stayed for 2 nights.
There aren't many people stay there, so you kinda know who is who, who is having tensions, who is fighting, who is loving. somehow i think is not much privacy.
As budget resort, with the money we paid, 4 meals a day all inclusive in our package, breakfast, lunch, tea break, dinner, for me is snorkeling inclusive, for my partner is diving inclusive. Also with air conditioner, a queen size bed, a single bed, hot shower supply. i need to rent my snorkel, mask and life jacket for i think RM20, and i use it until i check out. The kayak boat is free, I think is a good budget deal.
I went to 2 snorkeling site, it was okay. And my partner went to different dive site, he said the divemaster is professional.
But the only bad thing happened to us is, me and my partner we both bitten by the bed ticks.
I was bitten badly cause i don't go out too much into the sea water, my partner is much better, he dive everyday, somehow i think the sea water have the disinfect effect on the ticks on his skin.
It only appear on my body on the last day i left which is 26/8. The following days, my body, neck, hands, legs, even my face, keeps appear small dots bites, itchy, and redness. I went to see doctor, and doctor said i was bitten by bed ticks. It could be the bed or the blanket is dirty. Doctor said usually the ticks take 3 to 4 days to get into the skin, now it runs all over the surface of my skin. Until today my itchness just get little bit better. Some bites dries out but it leaves red bitten spots on my skin. It will take about 3 to 4 weeks to totally heal.
You see, i wouldn't know it was dirty until i was bitten. The bed, blanket, pillow case all have clean sheets. It looks clean, but it's the warm house for ticks !!!!
So I would say redang kalong is good for budget but bad for cleanliness.
By the way, the room we stay is 210. Make sure you don't stay in that room, otherwise wellcome to the ticks bite !!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fwgm
EU
Reviewed August 28, 2009

On one hand I would like to keep this place a secret... On the other hand though I want to share the great experience we have had there....
Let me put it in just a few words: a perfect place if you love being almost on your own close to exotic nature... if the view of a beach with a wall of coconut trees takes your breath away... if you are not looking for comfort, just a place to sleep, wash and eat.... if you don't like noise, crowds and over-development.
I wish somebody could tell me where other places like this are in the world... I would like to see all of them.
To all people at Redang Kalong - thanks for the great time and beautiful holidays!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple