“Simple but laid-back resort”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Redang
Redang Kalong Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Singapore
“Simple but laid-back resort”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights. We've never been to Redang before. But, we'll definitely be back! The kids loved the snorkeling. And the people at the hotel were ever so friendly. They had baby leatherbacks that have just hatched the night before and oh my, the kids were so in love with those tiny creatures! Never was there a boring snorkeling trip. And we discovered more and more of the island…until we had to leave. With heavy hearts. We loved the BBQ dinner! Yummy! The best thing about the resort is that we did not have to wait long for anything! Ferry transfers were prompt. Check-in and check-outs were prompt. Rooms were basic and clean. We had sea view chalets and lovely was the view! We'll certainly be back! Redang Kalong has left a great impression on us with regards to Redang!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank JoyceKPT

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here 4 days 3 nights... solo trip. This resort caters for team building activities and divers. The only resort i have been to that gives you a guide when you snorkel. The rooms are very clean. They sell drinks and cigarettes at the resort. They have 2 snorkelling trips a day. Food is average....service is awesome !

Room Tip: all rooms are awesome :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank rogybelle
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Redang Kalong is a resort with its own private beach and jetty (literally no other resorts/hotels on that stretch). The view of the sea is breath-taking, rivalled only by the starry wonder of the night sky.

We stayed for 4D/3N and did some scuba diving with the attached Diver's Den scuba centre. We have nothing but praise at how well the resort is managed...from the food to the friendly staff to the cleanliness of the whole place.

Note that the isolation of this resort means it is up to you to create your own entertainment. While there is a karaoke room, games room and common area, don't expect Redang Kalong to be party-central. This place is perfect for those who want an island getaway, away from the hubbub and noise.

Point to note: Our room was at the garden-facing row (i.e. not sea-view) and I should forewarn that the walls are very thin. so, earplugs might be handy. :)

Room Tip: Upgrade to the seaview if you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank BernBT
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. We can't say this was a fantastic holiday for us but it was not too bad either.

Sands & beach are not as good as main beach but quiet. Room is not as good as in hotel, no housekeeping (therefore, don't expect a clean room). They do provide bath gel, but I would strongly suggest you to bring your own, especially a good shampoo and conditioner. Towel provided, but they don't encourage you to change which I can understand due to the environment protection. Basically, the most basic thing you need ~ is there i.e. air-con, hot water and comfy bed. Not much you can do at night, but if you are travelling with kids, this resort will suit you. They provide board games, ping pong and Karaoke which I think my kids love it.

I personally like their food very much, especially the BBQ night. They served the yummiest grilled lamb! Their food are very "Asian family-typed", I feel at home and I fall in love with it. However, "the early bird catches the worm", if you are late for their meal time (normally for 2 hours), say maybe 40 mins late, you will missed out some dishes and they will not replenish it. Such as Pan Cake, dessert and fried banana.

Im not sure whether it was due to pollution or the snorkelling spot they brought us to. I snorkelled in Redang 12 & 10 years ago (both at main beach), and I can easily spotted some baby sharks or beautiful fishes during that time. However, I was very disappointed with my experience this time. Not a single baby shark I can see nor any special fish that attracted me (I used to see 4 feet long giant fish and beautiful eel). What I can see now was just those normal sea fishes and many sea cucumbers. That's all.

Besides, if you booked for this resort, you will have to leave at 8.30am in the morning. There is only 1 boat available per day. Basically you will be wasted a day, so instead of 3D2N, you only get to enjoy the beach 1 1/2 days. Overall, for the price I paid, I can't complaint much but if I were return to Redang again, I will not consider this resort again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank eunice2005
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I with my wife had stayed this resort. 1st time we worried about the resort. But after reaching the resort my wife just amazed. They have private beach, food was good, snorkeling trips was also good. My wife has an fear to snorkeling but last day she just filed amazed for first time to see the under water fish. One think we just missed they have no bar activities..... no night activities. On the other way if anyone want have some private space to each other.... no crowdy hosiping... I think they might select this resort. We have an wonderful time at Kalong resort. The reception was also helpful in any kind of problem that you faced. We also visited the other resort that was far from the kalong. It will take 15 to 20 min to walk to reach there. There were many resort in a line ... very crowdy.......very noise..... no private beach to time pass..... but they have lots of beach activities in common..... If I get to redang I must book the kalong again.....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sharif S
Malaysia
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely peaceful overall. Staffs are friendly. Accommodations are basic but clean and adequate. The seaview rooms are just breathtaking. Located away from the busy area and in a lagoon on their own where the sea is clear and calm and perfect for swimming. Doing nothing, clearing minds and being lazy should be the ultimate motives staying here. Though we don't dive, the dive centre is well setup. Food is simple but enough. Definitely worth coming back for any soul searching and mind relaxing reasons.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jasonwltan
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Room was not classy, but comfy enough (comfortable level = 10/10).
It is a very quiet beach comparing to the other sides (Laguna...e.t.c.)
It is a very suitable place for people who are finding for calmness and good rest.
Food was good and rather simple, kinda healthy, balanced nutrition though. Haha.
Staffs were helpful and friendly.
Highly recommend!