“Right choice for a quiet vacation ^^v”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Redang
Redang Kalong Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Right choice for a quiet vacation ^^v”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My friends and I came back less than a week ago from a 2 night stay. We were very satisfied. There may be nicer resort in Redang, but given the price we paid, It's worth!

Perhaps the best thing about the resort is the staff. I typically feel uncomfortable being waited on and generally prefer not to have staff seeking to attend to me; We rarely availed ourselves of the staff's help during our stay. Nevertheless, I found the staff to be very attentive without being intrusive. I almost felt as if someone was always unobtrusively paying attention to us, ready to assist if they sensed you wanted it, but willing to leave you alone if you didn't indicate any desire for attention.

This is not a party hotel. If you are looking for a more quiet and relaxing vacation in a lovely atmosphere with great service - this is the right choice. We would definitely return. Kelv ^^v

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Visited Redang Kalong resort with my sister and her boyfriend who have been living in KL for the past few months. The resort was a bit of a bus ride from KL and a small boat trip which was a bit like a roller coaster ride all the way to the island but fun nevertheless. After arriving on the resort we were greeted and met by staff and made welcome. We were taken to the rooms which were very basic to say the least yet had a/c which was a blessing in disguise. The timings for breakfast, lunch and dinner is very regimental and more like a boot camp than holiday and the food was of ok quality (3 stars). The snorkling trip on the boat was a little disorganised and we ended up doing our own thing and not the sight seeing tour underwater I expected. Good for a laugh but not if you are wanting to see the corals etc...

On the final day I ended up going diving which was amazing but got stung by a school of jellyfish which was very unpleasant and not the resorts fault. The price for the diving trip was very reasonable. On the plus side the resort had internet you could use for a small surcharge and nice surroundings. There are kayaks available for use, and you need to pay to rent your snorkling gear etc... On the day we left they were desperate to get rid of us so they can welcome more guests to the island. Overall this was a fun experience.

Room Tip: In Malaysia the bathrooms are an absolute mess so when you find a good one just use it!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SimonEat
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Redang Kalong is one of the better resorts with good value. What makes this place great is that the staff are very nice and helpful - they have mostly Burmese staff - Ali, Hassan, Wei Nain, Abdul Rashid and others. The water is clear but not as clear as places like Mataking or Sipadan. On a bright sunny day you can see different shades of blue and turquoise. They have a good snorkeling team who will bring you to great places with plenty of marine life. My wife even saw a 3 foot long shark (bull shark I think, not so sure from the description). Meal and snorkeling times are fixed daily and someone will shout out lunch or snorkeling time when the time comes. Visitors are mostly Chinese nationals with a sprinkling of locals and Singaporeans. There are European divers as well. Apparently this resort has the best diving team too. So why didn't I give this place 5 stars? The walls of the rooms are too thin! You can hear everything... I mean EVERYTHING. it can be annoying especially if u r tired from a day's activities and just wanna sleep and your neighbors are up all night talking or laughing loudly. Other than that, I'd recommend this place to anyone. I'd come back next year... IF they keep the same staff.

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed June 29, 2012

this is my first time to redang island. and i choose to stay at this resort after read through and compared reviews on the resorts.
well, it is reli nice resort to me....
the seaview very nice n oways stay at outside of room to enjoy the view
the food delicious enough and many choice, i ate much and never starving at there.
the room clean enough and the bed comfortable to sleep.
the service from resort very friendly and warmly.
just the beach is not nice enough and the sand not soft n white enough.
but this no affect my mood to enjoy and relax at the resort because of the seaview.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I spend a couple of weeks here as I took a long diving holiday and found it amazing. Yes it is basic but that is great. You do not need TV in your room then you can just as well have stayed home. The food is great if you like Asian food enough variety not leaves you hungry, you can have seconds and thirds should you wish. All included packages that make budgeting easy: room, 3 x meals per day, all the tea, coffee, juice or water you want, afternoon snacks, morning tea time, bread with jam and peanut butter available all day. Your boat transfers are also included what more do you want. Cash bar on site and small tuck shop for the extras you might grave. The owners and staff are very friendly. The diving is very good and professionally conducted and it can be pre booked and included in your package. Whether you are a beginner or a professional diver they can accommodate you and you might just learn something new. They do 3 to 4 dives per day dependent on conditions, safety first. I will recommend this resort to everybody, if you need 5 star treatment go and make your booking at a 5 star resort and pay the price. I will return here any day. I stayed between March'11 to May'11.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank jothe74
malaysia
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Came for diving in redang and I was not dissapointed in choosing kalong. It is value for money as I was comparing with other resort in redang. The resort rooms have seaview and standard Would pay a little more for the seaview but seview rooms were all sold out!. The rooms were adequate nothing fancy. There's hotwater and a/c. Rooms were clean. There is also a safety box. The nite is quite in kalong. The other beach are nosier but you have to take a walk for about 20mins. The meals are all buffet . If you want a la carte go to other resorts. They do serve vegetarian but you have to request.
The inst/guide Tim is excellent in guiding us to all the dive sites. There is also a snokeling trips everyday. The kalong beach is quite.

Room Tip: top notch diving operation
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank koidive
KL
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is my first visit to redang and first time to a divers' den. When i saw the itinerary and was told that all meals would be included - i was like: omg, i'm gonna be fed the same thing over and over again! (well, i had a very bad experience @ rawa and cant stand when the resort serves the same thing day in day out or when there's a standard menu which serve nothing but steak, salad and spaghetti!!!)
Surprisingly, the meals turned out to one of the many highlights of the trip - it was amazing that the cook could actually came up with so many variety - never a same dish at any point during my four days three nights stay and all very yummy!! it is as if that my mom is here cooking for me - homecook soup for every lunch and dinner, congee and fried noodles for breakfast, yam cake and red bean soup for tea.... wooo....
overall, i find the place very uncommercialised - you can actually feel the human touch and sincerity of the staff - from the dive arrangement, lodging, food to everything that we need their help... if anyone ever been to tegal sari in ubud that you will know what i mean... definitely will be back!

Room Tip: go for the beach front room - but these are usually first to run out!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends