We had 8 nights which was about 4 nights too many. (it was a special deal, pay for 4 get 4 free). The beach is beautiful with clear warm water. You can swim straight off it to go snorkeling - tons of tropical fish, which the kids loved.
The problem is that this is the only hotel on the beach and they have you hostage - charging for tennis courts, use of canoes, goggles, etc. You are also stuck with their restaurants, which are overpriced with average food. And, Rm25 for a Tiger beer !
Some tips: there is a restaurant to the right outside the front gate. They do great roti with curry sauce, fried seafood rice and noodles. We could eat there for the price of one pizza at the beach bar restaurant.
Bring your own wine/spirits. For beer, there are Chinese shops at Long Beach (where the other resorts are) where you can stock up at RM8 for a can of Tiger. It is worth doing the jungle walk to get there (takes about 1 hour - left left outside the front gate, follow the rough road to the next beach, cross the stream and walk up the left side. Find and follow the orange electrical pipe all the way)
The service is good, and the staff friendly and cheerful.
Bring your own goggles (or you can buy there). You can borrow snorkels for free. You don't need flippers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘The Taaras’ is a bespoke Private Beach Residence, tucked away and hidden from the outside world on a small Island found just off the unspoilt East Coast of tropical Malaysia. Considered to be one of the most beautiful Island locations in the South China Sea, the Isle of Redang is home to our natural, yet stylish resort found on one of the most spectacular bays surrounded by one of the bluest oceans on earth. The resorts ethos is to provide a contemporary, barefoot luxury experience with warm Asian hospitality, remembered with a smile long into the future. The name of the property is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘TAARA’, meaning ‘Star or Apple of my eye’ as well as ‘Goddess of the Sea’ which are all represented and epitomised by our mermaid figurehead. The resort is managed by The Taaras Luxury Group, and was formerly known as Berjaya Redang Resort managed by Berjaya Hotels and Resorts. With the stylish suites and rooms, as well as a stunning five bedroom Private Villa perched high up on the cliff overlooking the ocean and resort below. The resort boasts commissioned furniture and bespoke photography of Redang Island and the landscapes of Malaysia. Each suite or room contains oversized beds and hand-picked linens and fabrics for your comfort. Most rooms and all suites have larger washrooms containing both bath tub and separate rain or monsoon shower (some with spa bathtubs looking out over the rainforest or the bay). Most residences have an outdoor balcony or verandah and our suites at the top of the cliff summit have spectacular views over the beach and ocean below. For clients who prefer or require further privacy ‘The Cliff Private Villa Bay & Sea View’, our private five bedroom residence perched high up on the cliff more than meets the requirements; private access, a Villa Host at your ‘beck and call’ as well as twenty four hour security; should it be a necessary requirement. The residence also enjoys a sixteen meter Infinity swimming pool, personal fitness room and both interior and exterior lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Redang Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Redang
- Berjaya Redang Beach Hotel
- Berjaya Redang Beach Resort
- Hotel Berjaya Redang Beach