The resort is on one of the best beaches we have seen travelling, with white sands and warm clear waters. The best thing about as well: there is no jetty, no boats, no gasoline in the water like in many other resorts… I hope they will keep it this way as it is one of the best features and give the beach view particular unique value. The hotel is quite nice, with cottages definitely giving better value for money than garden rooms, which are quite small and basic. The cottages are nicely done, with spacious rooms and bathroom, good air-conditioning, safe, two TVs, nice wooden decor. Really nothing to complain about. The pool is not really the best feature, but is good for kids. The beach bar is nice as well as the evening bar with good life music at the time. The restaurant is fine, but quite pricey if you have not paid the meals in the package. Staff and the hotel manager are very helpful and attentive. The hotel has its diving center, easy shuttle from the airport, it is 45min jungle walk from more touristy part of the island and 5min walk from some local restaurants which one can also try for a change. The beach is great for children as the water is quite shallow at the start of the beach. Snorkeling is rather ok with some large corals and fish next to the rocks on both sides of the beach, expect to swim some 5-10min to get to there. We really likes the place and we are definitely looking forward to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘The Taaras’ is a bespoke Private Beach Residence, tucked away and hidden from the outside world on a small Island found just off the unspoilt East Coast of tropical Malaysia. Considered to be one of the most beautiful Island locations in the South China Sea, the Isle of Redang is home to our natural, yet stylish resort found on one of the most spectacular bays surrounded by one of the bluest oceans on earth. The resorts ethos is to provide a contemporary, barefoot luxury experience with warm Asian hospitality, remembered with a smile long into the future. The name of the property is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘TAARA’, meaning ‘Star or Apple of my eye’ as well as ‘Goddess of the Sea’ which are all represented and epitomised by our mermaid figurehead. The resort is managed by The Taaras Luxury Group, and was formerly known as Berjaya Redang Resort managed by Berjaya Hotels and Resorts. With the stylish suites and rooms, as well as a stunning five bedroom Private Villa perched high up on the cliff overlooking the ocean and resort below. The resort boasts commissioned furniture and bespoke photography of Redang Island and the landscapes of Malaysia. Each suite or room contains oversized beds and hand-picked linens and fabrics for your comfort. Most rooms and all suites have larger washrooms containing both bath tub and separate rain or monsoon shower (some with spa bathtubs looking out over the rainforest or the bay). Most residences have an outdoor balcony or verandah and our suites at the top of the cliff summit have spectacular views over the beach and ocean below. For clients who prefer or require further privacy ‘The Cliff Private Villa Bay & Sea View’, our private five bedroom residence perched high up on the cliff more than meets the requirements; private access, a Villa Host at your ‘beck and call’ as well as twenty four hour security; should it be a necessary requirement. The residence also enjoys a sixteen meter Infinity swimming pool, personal fitness room and both interior and exterior lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Redang Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Redang
- Berjaya Redang Beach Hotel
- Berjaya Redang Beach Resort
- Hotel Berjaya Redang Beach