We just came back from 2 nights stay at The Taaras. What a place! This is truly heaven on earth. PARADISE!! We almost booked Laguna Redang but we were very pleased we chose The Taaras. Other resorts had a lot of tour groups which was a bit unpleasant (we were in the same aeroplane w those guests, very noisy with me first attitude).
Since it's still beginning of the season, the resort was fairly quiet with probably less than 40 guests, which we actually enjoyed. We flew in w Berjaya Air departed Subang. We were welcomed by resort's pick up van & at the resort we were served welcomed drinks & cold towels. Remember to pay your conservation fee RM5/person at the airport.
We initially booked garden room but we asked if we could get complimentary upgrade & we got upgraded to hill deluxe. Our booking also came w breakfast & lunch. Since we arrived early we went for lunch while waiting for our room to be ready. You can choose between set menu or ala carte. While having lunch, the chef approached & talked to us. Very friendly & nice staffs. After lunch, our room was ready. Although it was a hill room, it wasn't a problem because buggy was always available. It was a nice walk from the room to the beach too. Not far & beautiful view. You can see the sea from hill deluxe room. Beautiful room, spacious & w bathtub. Wifi is free throughout the resort.
This resort is suitable for any type of holiday goers. We pretty much spent our time at the beach, body boarding & swam at the sea. There were other facilities & recreational activities available for family, kids, couples, singles or groups. We also went for snorkeling trip, RM60/person. This trip is recommended because you get to enjoy the trip in comfort. We were asked to be at the dive center 15 mins before departure. We were given our own kits, proper ones & then we took hotel van to the jetty. The resort has its own private boat to the snorkeling site. This was a nice trip throughout & unlike other resorts they probably squeezed their guests with other hotel guests in 1 boat. Plus we had the snorkeling site to ourselves. When we left, only then the other boats probably 10 of them, packed w passengers arrived at the site.
For dining, we got to enjoy delicious foods at the restaurant & brasserie. Nice selection at breakfast buffet spread. I've been to a few beach resorts & this is by far my personal favorite. I don't usually give rate 5 stars (excellent) easily but I think this resort deserves it. The staffs were extremely friendly & helpful, beautiful location, delicious foods, what more could you ask for. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘The Taaras’ is a bespoke Private Beach Residence, tucked away and hidden from the outside world on a small Island found just off the unspoilt East Coast of tropical Malaysia. Considered to be one of the most beautiful Island locations in the South China Sea, the Isle of Redang is home to our natural, yet stylish resort found on one of the most spectacular bays surrounded by one of the bluest oceans on earth. The resorts ethos is to provide a contemporary, barefoot luxury experience with warm Asian hospitality, remembered with a smile long into the future. The name of the property is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘TAARA’, meaning ‘Star or Apple of my eye’ as well as ‘Goddess of the Sea’ which are all represented and epitomised by our mermaid figurehead. The resort is managed by The Taaras Luxury Group, and was formerly known as Berjaya Redang Resort managed by Berjaya Hotels and Resorts. With the stylish suites and rooms, as well as a stunning five bedroom Private Villa perched high up on the cliff overlooking the ocean and resort below. The resort boasts commissioned furniture and bespoke photography of Redang Island and the landscapes of Malaysia. Each suite or room contains oversized beds and hand-picked linens and fabrics for your comfort. Most rooms and all suites have larger washrooms containing both bath tub and separate rain or monsoon shower (some with spa bathtubs looking out over the rainforest or the bay). Most residences have an outdoor balcony or verandah and our suites at the top of the cliff summit have spectacular views over the beach and ocean below. For clients who prefer or require further privacy ‘The Cliff Private Villa Bay & Sea View’, our private five bedroom residence perched high up on the cliff more than meets the requirements; private access, a Villa Host at your ‘beck and call’ as well as twenty four hour security; should it be a necessary requirement. The residence also enjoys a sixteen meter Infinity swimming pool, personal fitness room and both interior and exterior lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Redang Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Redang
- Berjaya Redang Beach Hotel
- Berjaya Redang Beach Resort
- Hotel Berjaya Redang Beach