“Paradise!”
Review of Redang Island

Redang Island
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Beautiful island except for the distance ;)
Should visit a lease once, before the coral is all dead :(

Reviewed April 16, 2012

The island - It is the one island I've been looking for since I saw in a brochure/promo picture of Tourism Malaysia. A vacation island with a small rocky "island" connected next to it. Google-map this (5.773051N,103.03541E) and zoom closer. When I first saw it, I said I just wanna walk up to that rock island and climb it, which I did when I was there. And luckily, my hotel is directly in front of it (Redang Lagoon Resort).

The beach - OMG!!! The sand is unbelievable! Soft and (almost) powdery, and it gets cold during the night. Might just walk barefoot to fully enjoy it. One of the nights, I was so lucky as there was a turtle walk out (or should I say crawl?) on the beach, probably scouting the area as she just walked off to the sea later after that, or probably too many people following her. The next morning, there was other fresh turtle track (see pic). Maybe the same turtle came up again when everybody's sleeping.

The sea - Snorkelers: You don't have to venture far away from the island to see many fishes. Just 5 or 10 meter from the beach, fishes are plentiful especially if you have a bread with you. Try feed them while snorkeling, they just come nibbling and even pick on your fingers. I LOVE IT!!! And if you want to see more variety of fish, make sure you go to the nearby Pulau Pinang (Marine Park Center). Some of the species I recognize were puffer fish, moray eel, tuna chasing small fry, and even TURTLE!! Yeah! I did saw it and the feeling? AWESOMEEEEE!!!! I almost screamed underwater.

There are many resorts to chose from, from the cheap to the not that cheap ones. Redang is more to families and honeymooners type of vacation island compared to Perhentian (honeymooners and couples).
Most hotels offer 3D/2N package (inclusive of ferry fare, rooms, snorkeling trips, meals). Still, you can extend your stay anytime. Note to self: Next time take least 4D/3N.

1  Thank Aerand
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The water,christal clear, and the beautiful beaches. Snorkling just outside the resort. Lots of different fish.
Breakfast and food was OK but perhapst more to choose from.
The packidgesystem like two nights three days including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snorkling was new to us. We would rather like to go to different restaurants for a good meal in the evening.At last we found a place with some entertainment, they called it the Summer Point.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Redang is a place to come and kick back. The weather was fantastic and we left feeling very chilled.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

This island has all the modern facilities so going to and back has never been easier. Most resort offer a 3D/2N night package which is great for busy city folks to enjoy a beautiful beach holiday.