“Better than expectation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Pulau Redang
kuala lumpur
“Better than expectation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I came with less expectation after reading the reviews as I do not have a choice as other hotels were fully booked during festive season recently. But I was actually surprised its turn out better than expectation, I have to thanks to the staff of Sari Pacifica for trying their hard to make sure the customers satisfied during their stay. We were upgraded from Garden view to Sea view upon requests...thanks for man called 'MAN'. The room were tiding up every day and clean.

The only problem they should improve is the food. The staff were having the same foods served to the customers as I could see them taking and eating at the same floor, where I never seen before in other hotel which left less choice for the customers.

Beside..can I give the suggestion to Sari Pacifica Hotel Redang to fill in the empty lake in the middle of the garden view with SOIL and plant some grass and flowers. It is better than filling up the water as its create smell and mosquitoes.

Will go again but this time not taking full board as there are many restaurant nearby serve delicious foods and cheap.

Room Tip: Walk at night to other places..so happening and variety of foods serve.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark H, Resident Manager at Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Redang Island, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Nisda,

On another note, we’d looked into the less positive issues you’ve mentioned and we sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you’ve encountered. Your comments and suggestion are deeply appreciated and surely assist us in striving towards service excellence.
Thank you once again for having a trust on Sari Pacifica! We look forward to welcoming you back to Sari Pacifica Resort & Spa on your future visits to Redang Island.

Yours sincerely,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family (2 adults and 2 young children) stayed at the Sari Pacifica for 5 nights in July.
- Room: we opted for the sea facing bungalow and we found this to be very spacious. The resort gave us a single bed for our 2 year old and a baby cot for our 1 year old. And even with these two beds in the room, there was still plenty of room around. The rooms were very clean and comfortable though quite basic as you'd expect for beach bungalow. The best feature of the room was the balcony that was literally on the beach.
- The food: we had most of our meals at the hotel (buffet lunch and dinner). The menus were varied but limited and generally dominated by Chinese cuisine. Luckily we were often able to find something the kids could eat (our diet is normally continental/european influenced). On one night we ventured to eat in a different resort and that was an awful experience. So even though the food at SP was just about average, we were happy to only eat there.
- Other things worth mentioning: Someone has set up an open air beach night club near Sari Pacifica. So loud music and noise was an annoyance every evening. That really spoiled the experience for us.
- Finally: Redang is a fantastic holiday destination. SP probably has the nicest beach front rooms on the island. So because of that we would recommend SP. But that recommendation is mitigated because of the noise from the night club and the just-about-average food.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach facing room - the extra you'll pay for it is well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michel P
Dear Michel P,

Thank you very much for sharing your Sari Pacifica experience with others and for highlighting the warm and wonderful service provided by our staff here at Sari Pacifica Resort & Spa. Your satisfaction towards our accommodation, services and facilities is a motivation for us to provide even better service. On another note, we’d looked into the less positive issues you’ve mentioned and we sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you’ve encountered. Your comments are deeply appreciated and they will surely assist us in striving towards service excellence. Thank you once again for recommending Sari Pacifica as a brand to everyone! We look forward to welcoming you back to Sari Pacifica Resort & Spa on your future visits to Redang Island.

Faithfully & Stay Well,
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was in blind faith that I chose Sari Pacifica for my first trip to Redang Island. I was willing to discount the reviews posted here but they were proven right.

However, I must give credit to the front desk, Public Relations, house keeping, waiters for being very professional, friendly and going all the way out to manage the guests' expectation. I felt that it was to make up for the short falls or a pre-emptive move.

It was a very basic set up and the rooms were old and worn out with rusty fixtures, no replenishing of complimentary teas and coffees.

During the start of the long weekend. I believe food was an issue. The kitchen was worried about running out of food to cater for the entire guests and imposed rationing. Nothing against this as this was to counter some inconsiderate behaviors from the guests but need to highlight that perhaps this can be better communicated. The standard of the food was also left much to be desired, it was edible to say the least but don't expect much. Salad table was uncovered and flies were on the food.

Overall, the amount charged for the stay does not correspond with the environment.

Throughout my stay, I did harbour the thought of actually paying double or triple at the Taraas to thoroughly enjoy my vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end quieter but faces a boarded up dump site.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank staysg
Dear staysg,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback regarding the food and room amenities is much valued and appreciated. We regret to learn that our service rendered was not up to your expectations. We sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you’ve encountered. Rest assured that your comments will be seriously looked into and we will strive to improve our service level and product quality. Even though we understand that you may not stay with us again, we would like to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort.

Sincerely & Stay Well,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The staff is not aware to their hotel livers. The food is awful! Expectations are comletely not realized. The obly one postive thing that could possibly make me stay in hotel its just a aqua beach which is very clean.
Overall, this hotel should do something with the service, otherwise the number of potelntial customers will decrease!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Nureke
Dear Nureke,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback regarding the food and service is much valued and appreciated. We regret to learn that our food and service rendered was not up to your expectations. We sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you’ve encountered. Rest assured that your comments will be seriously looked into and we will strive to improve our service level and product quality. Even though we understand that you may not stay with us again, we would like to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort.

Faithfully & Be Well,
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was not sure what to expect when I booked a holiday at Redang, firstly I expected it to be more built up however all that exists are a number of resorts on the island. We chose to stay at the Sari Pacifica because it was near to the other resorts and we hoped we could walk around and enjoy other food from different places.

Thanks to a few posts on Trip Advisor, I made sure to book a Sea View room which did cost extra, but not very much extra and my partner and I were happy with it. Each sea view room had its own large bathroom, bedroom and closet space, the room also featured a connecting patio which led straight to the beach, which was a beautiful way to wake up in the morning. Deck chair to lounge around, and a table and chairs to enjoy the morning sunrise or do work while your partner sleeps in.

Contrastly, I spoke to another guest who booked a 'lagoon' view room, and he did not seem happy at all. Lots of mosquitos, insects, and the lagoon is being renovated (don't know how long for) and is this ugly dirty brown colour.... rather disgusting, but I am glad we did not have to deal with that. So if you decide to stay here, pay that bit extra!

The resort next to the Sari Pacifica is called the Redang Holiday Beach Resort, and they are really pushing the party vibe. They have a bar/nightclub which plays music across the beach from about 8pm - 1am, so if you are a light sleeper, be sure to bring ear plugs because while our rooms were closed, it felt like the music was being played from our computers inside the room!

Our package included breakfast which is buffet style. Every morning there is somebody who can cook you eggs, just the way you like it! The other options are rather selective, and a lot of the time the dishes were cold (not even warm). There is a pot of tea and coffee available too, but I don't understand how or why the coffee and tea looked the way it did, but it had gunky, oily bits floating on the top. I waited until I got back to my room where I could boil my own water and make an instant coffee.

The staff here were all very friendly and helpful. The main purpose for my trip was to scuba dive, and we were lucky to have an experienced diver named Mr Deng, who led our dives to explore Pulau Redang. My only qualm was that they did not use GPS, so finding the dives sites proved problematic some times. Also, the benches where we geared up for our dives was located next to a staff toilet, so the sewage run off was not very pleasant. Another thing is that most dive resorts offer 3 boat dives a day, and contrastly this resort only did two. Since diving was a priority for me, I felt a bit let down by this. I would have loved to do more than two dives a day if possible.

If you do not get lunch or dinner included in your package (buffet style), then you have the option of paying which will cost you 50-70MYR per person. We spent most of our lunch and dinners at another resort cafe called the Sandfly bar and Summerpoint which cost us only 6-15 MYR per meal, much more appropriate.

The pool looks lovely, however when we jumped in. It smelled of detergent, just go down to the ocean and swim in the clear blue waters, avoid the pool! Also the bar is very basic, all the cold drinks are stored in a cooler box with ice, so don't expect much.

There was wifi internet throughout the resort, however it was very flaky. But these are the things you need to keep in mind when visiting a place such as Pulau Redang. It is a remote island, so keep that in mind. Overall, my partner and I were very happy with our stay. However, I think I would rather look at another resort for my next stay.

Room Tip: Pay that bit extra for a Sea Front Villa!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank PH C
Mark H, Resident Manager at Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Redang Island, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear PH C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback is much valued and appreciated. We regret to learn that our service rendered was not up to your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you’ve encountered. Rest assured that your comments will be seriously looked into and we will strive to improve our service level and product quality. Even though we understand that you may not stay with us again, we would like to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort.

Stay Well,
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights at the Sari. As we organised our trip very late this was the only accomodation available to us. After reading the tripadvisor reviews we reluctantly made our booking in a rush to avoid the east coast monsoon season. We booked the full board package but this only included meals - no airport transfers or snorkel trips - poor compared to other redang resort packages. On arrival we were very impressed with the beautiful sandy beach and from the boat the hotel looks amazing. However up close you can see it has seen better days. A lick of paint would make a world of diffetence. Everywhere you look gives you the impression that the owners lost their passion or hunger for tourism a decade or more ago. This brings me onto the price. Compared to other resorts on the same beach it is at the high end of the price range and i dont think it is reflected in what you get. The food was edible and on the saturday night we have had a BBQ on the beach which was plentiful. However the next night was a poor re-hash of the previous night and there really was not enough volume. A significant plus point of the Sari is the staff who were always friendly and attentive. A special mention for the Chilean bar staff who make great cocktails and a wonderful music selection at the pool bar. The staff seemed to be aware of the hotels many negatives and did their best to negate them. Upon checkin we were given the choice between our garden villa looking at a muddy artificial lagoon or a free upgrade to a beach front villa. Pretty cool we thought but it came with a warning - disco at the Redang Holiday resort just metres away. It turned out to be an accurate warning. LOUD music until midnight-1am. We were forced to wait it out at the pool bar before heading to bed. Fortunately the pool bar was a nice place to be. The snorkel trip we paid for to the marine park was excellent but only because we arrived well before 10am and therefore the bulk of tour groups. Only do this trip early! The other issue we had was island specific rather than hotel. You basically have to leave the island by midday which meant many many dull hours spent in Kuala Terrenganu.
So, to sum it up. Staff and beach excellent. Hotel itself worn and tired with very noisy neighbours and not great food. Lower the price by 40% and it would be about right for what you get. Would i stay again? mmmmmm...No.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SFayers
Mark H, Resident Manager at Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Redang Island, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear SFayers,

Thank you very much for the detailed review about your experience at Sari Pacifica Resort & Spa, Redang Island. All guest comments are gratefully received and reviewed. We’ve looked into the less positive issues you’ve mentioned and we sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you’ve encountered. Your comments are deeply appreciated and will surely assist us in striving towards service excellence.

On another note, we are glad that you were comfortable with our snorkeling trip, Chengkir Beach Bar and thank you for highlighting the good service provided by our staff.

Be Well,
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Ok let's start with the positives about this hotel -
1) Getting out of it, this place is not a resort but a trap , I'm sorry but how can you class this hotel as as a 4* hotel? The pictures you have to promote this hotel are a few years out of date, so lets not focus on the negatives more the realities of this resort.
This hotel is really a 2* hotel, don't try to convince others that it isn't..you really need to update your website to reflect the following. -
2) The pool. You have advertised on your website , isn't the pool in your hotel. The pool you can not use as its so dirty , full of bacteria . I'm. Almost certain that if you did. Use. It you would catch legionnaire disease or something worse.
The hotel surpposly has a lake beside it ,for your villas / rooms to over look, again this is incorrect you need to update this to be a swamp, dirty one it is.
3) The villa room, what a complete joke. When were these places last cleaned ?, painted? The windows frames& blinds a covered rust and the shower basin well will leave it as that....
4) The Bar- you don't have one, you have a bucket filled with ice and a few selections of beers, then a few candles ..no cocktails , wine selection was 1 bottle of red or white, again what a joke
5) Resturant - wasn't available we had to go to the hotel next door, who laughed as us when we told them where we were staying..
6) our villa , toilet didn't flush and the sink had no water.. We were told they couldn't fix the problem and we moved to another villa. This wasn't much better either. Ok the toilet & sink worked BUT and there is a BIG BUT... The bed sheets hadn't been washed for months they were damp , windows where again rusty,( I have taken pictures to prove all of this , more that happy to upload if the management disagree with my comments), cockroaches in the toilet area, bugs coming out of the bath hole.. One last thing, the hotel forgets to mention that there is another hotel 100 Meters away , which plays club music at full blast until midnight. This must be part of the 4* hotel service .. What a joke ..
Ok I must stop now as we intended to stay here for 6 nights, but stayed for 1..
My last comment to me really summarises the hotel .. We asked for some bottle water .. Guess what we were told... I'm sorry we don't have any, you need to go to the shop.. WTF, come on Sari Pacifica hotel, Redang, it's only a matter of time before you are caught out..
Don't sell this hotel as a 4* , it's very nice from the outside but it needs a lot of maintenance ..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank traveltime333
Dear traveltime333,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback is much valued and appreciated. We regret to learn that our service rendered was not up to your expectations. We sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you’ve encountered. Rest assured that your comments will be seriously looked into and we will strive to improve our service level and product quality. Even though we understand that you may not stay with us again, we would like to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort.

Faithfully & Be Well,
Redang Island Resort
Redang Island Resort
#10 of 13 in Pulau Redang
Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Lang Tengah
Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Sp...
#2 of 3 in Pulau Lang Tengah
Redang Beach Resort
Redang Beach Resort
#6 of 13 in Pulau Redang
BuBu Long Beach Resort
BuBu Long Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Redang Island? Share your experiences!