I was not sure what to expect when I booked a holiday at Redang, firstly I expected it to be more built up however all that exists are a number of resorts on the island. We chose to stay at the Sari Pacifica because it was near to the other resorts and we hoped we could walk around and enjoy other food from different places.
Thanks to a few posts on Trip Advisor, I made sure to book a Sea View room which did cost extra, but not very much extra and my partner and I were happy with it. Each sea view room had its own large bathroom, bedroom and closet space, the room also featured a connecting patio which led straight to the beach, which was a beautiful way to wake up in the morning. Deck chair to lounge around, and a table and chairs to enjoy the morning sunrise or do work while your partner sleeps in.
Contrastly, I spoke to another guest who booked a 'lagoon' view room, and he did not seem happy at all. Lots of mosquitos, insects, and the lagoon is being renovated (don't know how long for) and is this ugly dirty brown colour.... rather disgusting, but I am glad we did not have to deal with that. So if you decide to stay here, pay that bit extra!
The resort next to the Sari Pacifica is called the Redang Holiday Beach Resort, and they are really pushing the party vibe. They have a bar/nightclub which plays music across the beach from about 8pm - 1am, so if you are a light sleeper, be sure to bring ear plugs because while our rooms were closed, it felt like the music was being played from our computers inside the room!
Our package included breakfast which is buffet style. Every morning there is somebody who can cook you eggs, just the way you like it! The other options are rather selective, and a lot of the time the dishes were cold (not even warm). There is a pot of tea and coffee available too, but I don't understand how or why the coffee and tea looked the way it did, but it had gunky, oily bits floating on the top. I waited until I got back to my room where I could boil my own water and make an instant coffee.
The staff here were all very friendly and helpful. The main purpose for my trip was to scuba dive, and we were lucky to have an experienced diver named Mr Deng, who led our dives to explore Pulau Redang. My only qualm was that they did not use GPS, so finding the dives sites proved problematic some times. Also, the benches where we geared up for our dives was located next to a staff toilet, so the sewage run off was not very pleasant. Another thing is that most dive resorts offer 3 boat dives a day, and contrastly this resort only did two. Since diving was a priority for me, I felt a bit let down by this. I would have loved to do more than two dives a day if possible.
If you do not get lunch or dinner included in your package (buffet style), then you have the option of paying which will cost you 50-70MYR per person. We spent most of our lunch and dinners at another resort cafe called the Sandfly bar and Summerpoint which cost us only 6-15 MYR per meal, much more appropriate.
The pool looks lovely, however when we jumped in. It smelled of detergent, just go down to the ocean and swim in the clear blue waters, avoid the pool! Also the bar is very basic, all the cold drinks are stored in a cooler box with ice, so don't expect much.
There was wifi internet throughout the resort, however it was very flaky. But these are the things you need to keep in mind when visiting a place such as Pulau Redang. It is a remote island, so keep that in mind. Overall, my partner and I were very happy with our stay. However, I think I would rather look at another resort for my next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Redang Island gives you access to some of the best diving and snorkeling sites in this part of the world.This boutique resort with zero start itself is located on Pasir Panjang (Long Beach), offering you white sandy beaches, turquoise waters, colourful marine life and spectacular view of the South China Sea.Our resort is just re-opened it's business from End of April 2013 onwards. Highly appreciated not to focus us as a 4-5 star resort. Everyday we are improvise towards the services to satisfy our guest. We strongly believe & inform our guest not to have a high expectation on us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenient cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Redang Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort And Spa - Redang Island
- Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Redang Island Hotel Pulau Redang