“Heaven for Foreigner Not for Local” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mohsin Chalets

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Mohsin Chalets
Kuala Lumpur
“Heaven for Foreigner Not for Local”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

I have no problem with the facilities...the room is ok...toilet is ok....although quite pricey for a room with basic facilities.... but what im really disappointed was the treatment given by the management.... Im as a local people was treated sourly by the management but towards the foreigner, there was something different in the reaction...very warm and happily greeted... basically ruined my mood... huhuhu.... The complimentary breakfast also was lousy....basically i would advise to eat outside rather than in Mohsin.... BUT...for foreigner, i would recommended this chalet for u...as for local......just go to other chalets which offers more reasonable and well-placed near the beach chalet.....

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank driy

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

My experience at Mohsin was an awful one, as on the first day both my friend's and my chalet (our rooms were beside each other, Room No.3 and 4) were broken into. The thieves took my bag which had my wallet, mobile phone, digital camera, sunnies and other personal belongings..they even took my toiletry bag! My friend's backpack was taken as well but luckily she had already unpacked her clothes.

Our windows were closed and our doors were locked, but we didn't realise that the windows had a latch from inside. The thieves somehow 'knew' that our windows weren't locked, opened the window from outside and used a broom to pick my bag as it was lying on the floor next to the window. Same goes for my friend's room.

We weren't sure when it happened as we were on the beach most of the day from 11am and only returned to our rooms at about 7pm. When we got back, we realised the windows were opened and there was a broom stick lying on the floor. Then we noticed our bags were gone.

Sad to say it RUINED our holiday since it was our first day. I lost my money and we had to waste the whole morning of next day to make a police report. It was such a traumatic experience. I didn't feel safe at all the following nights but we had no choice as other decent chalets were all fully booked. I was just paranoid the whole time I was there. We were even worried that someone may just break-in while we're sleeping!

Although the owner offered our group a free dinner that night, we were still angry and mad as we definitely felt that it was the doing of someone from the chalet. No effort was made to investigate further (the least they could do was check the rooms of their staff or interrogate their staff).

I'm soo frustrated that something like this could happen as I noticed that other guests didn't even have their windows closed! Somehow we felt as if the thieves 'knew' that we just checked-in or 'eyed' us on the first day. Only after it happened then the owner of the chalet told us to keep our personal belongings at their reception counter. Guess something like this has happened before but we weren't warned about it when we checked-in.

No point telling us that after it happened.

We know that Mohsin has had good reviews in the past; which was one of the reasons we wanted to stay there. Unfortunately, we found out that the chalet has been taken over by a different management and things have changed.

So a word of warning if you're planning to stay here - DON'T STAY HERE.

If you have to, then just make sure you lock your doors AND windows and keep your important belongings at the reception counter...at least someone can be held responsible if it's stolen. I thought it would be riskier to leave my stuff on the beach while I go off swimming - turns out not.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank MyMode

Travelers are raving about these Pulau Perhentian Kecil hotels

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

I've decided to write this review because I strongly believe that Mokhsin Chalets' is one of the better options, if not the best accommodation, in Perhentian Kecil. My friend and I initially decided here but decided to go to Panorama Chalet instead after a friend of ours who was in Perhentian before us recommended it. However, while on the island, we decided to have a look at Mokhsin and possibly spend a night there.

Compared to where we were staying, Mokhsin is a lovely lovely place. With its pretty blue roof look, the different levels of accommodation (based on how high it is from the ground) and cleanliness, I didnt have much complaint to make. And there's the restaurant with its amazing view of the beach! If I am forced to find a con about the place, then maybe it is the location i.e. you need to walk a bit further inside to get there but really, the walk isnt that bad and it's well lit as well.

In terms of its chalet, thanks to the lovely owner who allowed us to have a look at one of the rooms, it is as basic as the rest but well maintained, clean and has good lights so that you dont have to squint for your stuff most of the time in the room. We were really happy with its bathroom too. I am sure you will feel the same once you've had a look at the others :) Plus the staff there are really friendly and made us feel very welcomed even though the place was fully booked.

If I come to Perhentian again, be rest assured that this is the place I'll be staying in.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank BeautifulFreak
Beijing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

I arrived there in a public holiday weekend and without booking. Lucky I met one of the staff from Mohsin on the fast boat and he finally agreed to get me a room there and later I realized it was the last available one in the whole place.

I had a fan room with very basic facilities, a separate washroom with cold shower and 24 hrs electricity supply. One thing I need to highlight that is staff there are really nice and friendly and taken care of the guest so much. Or maybe I am their first guest came all the way from Beijing and being a girl travelling alone they really helped me a lot and once I locked my door BUT forgot my key was still on the lock outside of my door... after 5 mins one of their staff call my name loudly from outside remind me that and told me it could be very dangerous...

Also they have a very nice restaurant with a bed sit area. Located a little away (2 mins walk) from the main long beach area which give u a more cooler and quiet stay. Oh last but not least my favorite food there are seafood fried noodle with mango shake...yummy!

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — cold water shower
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2007

we arrrived without accommodation pre booked and saw from the beach some chalets with mediterrranean blue rooves, wandered up and were met by the most friendly guys who gave us the last available room . ok it was basic, clean but incredibaly had crisp white sheets and duvet it was heaven!!! The restaurant is excellent and offers bbq fish or buffet as well as a la carte, and you can get a beer at bargain prices!!! The views are indescribable we had one of the higher chalets and could sit on our balcony soaking up the views of clear blue waters and palm fringed beach. great value wish we could have stayed longer!!!

• Liked — location and friendliness
  • Disliked — bathroom and flooring basic but that was to be expected in this untouristy resort
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2007

I bumped to this place from my 1st time to Perhentian Kecil. And this was my 2nd trip! Having reading all those comment from other travellers, i wonder why none of them mentioned about Mohsin Chalet. I would say, it's my kind of favourite place to stay if you're a backpackers! The electricity may not be 24 hrs, but it's clean..from the balcony, room to the toilet..and they do have sea view! Well, you aint going there for sleeping aite!??! The restaurant is awesome with live band performing if you happen to be there on the right time! The last time i went there, they told me that they'll be some "local Raggae band" performing this July. Sea view over the nite from this restaurant,is such a relaxing with a great affordable food! The rate is as lower as RM100..depending on your preferences on the sea view...better view..more pay!

You should all check this out.!!!!

3 Thank Beach_Lover77
BuBu Long Beach Resort
BuBu Long Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resort
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resor...
#4 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
#4 of 15 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Alunan Resort
Alunan Resort
#1 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Mohsin Chalets? Share your experiences!