BuBu Long Beach Resort
Mimpi Perhentian(Pulau Perhentian Kecil)
$103
$91
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Coral View Island Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
$45
$41
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
$61
$51
Priceline
D'Lagoon(Pulau Perhentian Kecil)
Matahari Chalet(Pulau Perhentian Kecil)
Shari-La Island Resort(Pulau Perhentian Kecil)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Perhentian Tuna Bay Island Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsjapanese restaurantlong beachfishwelcome drinkconstruction siteperhentian islandsevery eveningnasi gorengkota bharucocktail hourcomplimentary drinksturtle bayshark pointboat rideper personother placesdeluxe room
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I did spend about a week on Perhentian and the Bubu resort was simply great. Clean, comfortable, great location, excellent staff (!!) and great food. Just what I was looking for.
Too bad there was no wifii in the room (only in the main lobby) and not enough beach-umbrellas to accomodate all the guests during the peak season, but apart from that I was very satisfied with the resort.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Paola M
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I went to Perhenthian Islands with my boyfriend in October 2011.
He first booked the resort in the opposite island, the Palau Pherenthian Besar, which supposed to be the best place to be. We realized within 2 hours that was not the place to be! Horrible food, No alchool since it is a muslim owner and cockerages in the room.

So we left the following day and moved to Bubu Resort. The place is simple, but the best option that you can find at the perherenthian islands, which are still very natural destination.

The room are simple, but clean. The is very good. The chef worked in dubai so he has an international experience which makes the difference. Everything is cooked so well, even the Pasta and the tiramisu.

Everyone is very friendly and you can drink alchool :)
There is a massage spot on the beach where you can get 1 hour massage for 20 euros. You can rent your own kayak and go around the island.
On the beach there are many taxi boat that you can take to go around the islands like a private boat. Generally we paid 3 hours (20 euros)

At night there are few bars on the beach and other few restaurant, but not as good as bubu.

So we just walked after dinner along the beach to go for a drink and it was nice.

The price were good for the room and the food too.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

The first night we were in a very noisy room because it was close to the electricity machine. We told it to the staff at the reception, they changed our room and it was perfect. Very good service, always smiling. Perfect holidays.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Despite the reviews on TripAdvisor, on 18 March I booked two rooms for 4 nights from 10 to 14 May and, as required by their policy, paid the full cost of RM3,784 (approx US$1200).

My husband had a totally unexpected medical emergency with his eye and on 8 April, 33 days before we were due to arrive, I advised the resort the I needed to cancel our entire snorkelling trip to eastern Malaysia. I was advised that I needed to provide a medical certificate and that the resort intended to retain one nights cost for each room, RM946 ($300).

I provided the medical certificate and politely protested that, given they had more than one months notice of the cancellation, it was unreasonable to with hold such an amount. I did not receive any refund until 20 days after advising of the cancellation and $300 was withheld. My request for reconsideration did not even receive a response.

Beware, an emergency requiring cancellation of plans can happen to anyone. It will not happen to most travellers but please seriously ask yourself whether you wish to place the enjoyment of your precious holiday time and your money in the hands of people who are prepared to engage in such unconscionable profiteering from their guests.

Room Tip: look for a hotel with ethical policies.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
17  Thank DaisyClover
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I might be biased because I was proposed to while staying at Bubu, but this hotel was by far our favourite place on the Perhentian islands!

The welcome drink was so delicious, the warm welcome itself set the mood for our amazing relaxing break. We had just come from a disappointing resort on the other island, and the food here just blew me away.

You're not going to find a 5 star place on the islands, but this was definitely a 5 star in our eyes. The room was a decent size, our view was incredible. Breakfast was included (we didn't realize), as well as 2 free cocktails each every evening. The hotel is placed right at the other end of long beach. If you can stay here a while, I would, and if it's one choice out of many, I would recommend booking this place for your last days. Long beach is an incredible beach - it's like a swimming pool its so clear. The locals make it a great place, and you can have yourself a party on the other side.

We thought it was a bit expensive, but in the end, the service they provided made it seem like half the price. Definitely worth a stay :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple