“Calm & Relaxing”
Review of D'Lagoon

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
D'Lagoon
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The most quiet, calm & relaxing ever. The room looked simple & clean. It has small beach were you can sunbathe, snorkeling & kayaking. We choosed 5 spot snorkeling package at just rm35 min 5 person. At these spot we can see turtles, baby sharks & also beautiful corals.

You can walk to Turtle Beach (est 10min) or Adam and Eve Beach (est 15min) to watch the sunset. The food is good at reasonable price.

The staff were friendly and nice. It is great for those who want to relax and enjoy the scenery.

Room Tip: ask for a room attach with bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Khairulnizam
There are newer reviews for D'Lagoon

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just being back from D'Lagoon for one week, my friends and I all miss that quiet place. Not like many other tourists choosing more touristic beaches,we chose this not so famous beach to stay.Before going there I did read some negative comments on D'Lagoon, but after staying there for four nights, all the worries were cleared. The house we stayed called "The Rising Sun" was locating on the hill facing beach and rising sun. The room looked simple but clean enough and price was reasonable. There were not as many tourists as on other beaches nearby, so it is quiet and relaxing. Food was not bad,some were even good!
Our first feeling to the staff there was also not very good, but after talking further, we found that they would just need time to get along with. We often play with the owner's cute kitty there. The beach is small but not too bad for swimming and snorkeling. Only problem same as other beaches around was for the 1st 50m or 100m there were many stones inside, so you need to swim very flat till going further.
From D'Lagoon we can hike through jungle to other also beautiful beaches, such as Turtle beach(10 minutes),Adam & Eve beach(15 minutes),Windmill beach(45 minutes)and Long beach(1hr). We hiked two times to Windmill beach and got the most beautiful view there.
Generally speaking, both me and my friends had very good unforgetable time in D'Lagoon, we hoped we could stay more days there.

Room Tip: If you want a budget travel, and a quiet place to stay, this would be a nice one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JennyXJ
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Do not go here. When we arrived, the owner came to meet us, he was nice and explained how the place worked. No problem. We happened to arrive on a bank holiday so all the hotels were booked up and we were happy that there was a room available here. We payed the 80 Ringitts for the room, a twin with attached bathroom and toilet. The room was not clean, when we opened the cupboard, there were some sort of animal droppings in there...and the bathroom could have used a scrub there was a half trodden slug being rotting on the floor. If i were paying 10-20 Ringitts, fine, i wouldn't be moaning, but not at 80. The fan on the wall worked, only the swivel on it was broken, which meant that it only blew in one direction...so that night me and my friend were eaten alive by the mosquitos. I asked the owner to have a look to see if he could do anything, he didn't even go look. His daughter (or at least i think it was his daughter) who is reponsible for the restaurant, is very rude. She actually yelled at my friend who was just trying to talk to her, and must have told the other people working there to give us bad service...because that is exactly what we got for the rest of the stay. The food is rubbish, which is a shame. Malaysia is known for its great food, and here it was bland, and you get nearly nothing on your plate. Me and my friend always had to order 2 main courses to feel as if we'd had a proper meal.

I guess because on this bay, there is only this hotel, so once you're there, you can only get to the other beaches by boat. No competition means no incentive to provide a better service.

This was the last island i visited in Malaysia, and i have advised to people to avoid this hotel like the plague. The beach isn't even that great...and neither is the snorkeling.

Room Tip: If you're going to stay here, stay in the dorm. It's cheaper and if you're paying next-t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Microcebus
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was the awfullst place I have ever been to. We were looking for a cheap but clean and simple location but what we found was horrible.
The beach was dirty, the room was horrible (we couldn't even take off the cover as on the sheet were all over stains.) The room was not clean at all, allover animal excrement...
The restrooms were also disgusting.
The food was not good at all:some of our group got diarrhea...
The staff was not friendly and the owner really strange and rude...

I am still suprised, that I survived this weekend without getting any serious diseases!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Steffi_Penang
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Dlagoon is in a perfect spot! Great little own beach; terrific snorkeling right from the beach. Also the staff is very friendly and helpful. When there are more kids in the place, they organize a Fun activity (the zip line). Some nice jungle in the back and only 10 min walk to the turtle beach on the other side where, early in the morning, you have a great chance to see large blacktip reefshark!
Hiwever, there is one main problem with the place and that is the rats. We had a direct encounter. And not just us. From the people we met, too many others also had the "rat-experience".... Now this can happen. But the issue is that this seems to be a kind of normality. This is not how it should be. For one: right through the area the runs a little "stream". Actually it does not stream at all but it is a stinking, dark, filthy pondish thing. Ideal breeding place for everything you want to avoid. Why do they not clean that up? And let the kitchen run-off go to a recycle/organic tank?
So all in all: we had a great time and stayed four days.... But in the end it is about: would we go back or advise it to others? And then the answer is simply: no, unless you take rats for granted....

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank nicafamilytraveler
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Perfect island for relaxing....but,dont do fishing near the beach,could kill da parrot fish n reef shark..ehe my friend done tht...really loves da food,kaknor,uncle razak,Tort's(kak nor cat)...*_*, big komodo....beautiful shell at turtle bay,monkey beach..so damned beautiful...ohhh its paradise..do come here,bur dont complain bout da room..its backpacker lovers here!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Amy Anastasia
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The best thing about D'Lagoon is its beach and lagoon. The resort is situated on its own beach, and the only access is by boat (or a very length walk). The remoteness is pleasant if you want to avoid the bustle of the more more popular beaches.

My room was pretty limited. The bed was okay, but everything else was a bit worn. The toilet leaked onto the floor. Luckily it looked like only fresh water was seeping through, but still, it wasn't ideal.

The food was pretty grim. I ordered a chicken curry and it was the most flavourless curry I've ever eaten. I asked for some salt, and they game me some MSG. Admittedly this is common in Asia, but resorts should be used to Western guests trying to avoid MSG.

Internet access was a bit of a joke. I tried to see how long it would take to upload one photo to Facebook, and I gave up after two hours. Resort staff kept saying no username or password was necessary, but about half the time it was: I presume this meant they're run out of Internet.

In general the staff were pleasant. It's an okay resort. If it's all that's going it'll do. I didn't know whether to give it two or three circles, but it's closer to two.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Coral View Island Resort
Coral View Island Resort
#3 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Arwana Perhentian Eco Resort & Beach Chalet
Arwana Perhentian Eco Resort & B...
#8 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Perhentian Tropicana Inn
Perhentian Tropicana Inn
#8 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Alunan Resort
Alunan Resort
#1 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to D'Lagoon? Share your experiences!