“Great stay!”
Review of Ombak Inn Chalet

Ombak Inn Chalet
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Thanks to the reviews on tripadvisor I chose to visit the Ombak resort which really had everything I was looking for: clean and nice rooms with new and clean bathrooms, mosquito nets, top restaurant with evening entertainment (movies), great dive center and team! Really enjoyed my stay.

There are only two little areas for improvement: mosquito net in the room had quite some holes and the movie selection on one evening was quite depressing...not the best movie option for a happy, relaxing holiday...but these are minor things tha hopefully get changed soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carina777
Ombak_Resort, Manager at Ombak Inn Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Hi Carina,

Glad that you happy with our hospitality and enjoy the foods served and our open air cinema by the beach. The movie we play is follow the sequence ;) New mosquito net has arrived... and we will change the one that has hole. Thank you for your good review and have a safe trip!

There are newer reviews for Ombak Inn Chalet

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended. Rooms are comfortable and bathrooms are clean. Good friendly staffs. A very nice place to relax and to do activities like snorkelling and diving, or just relaxing. Food was fantastic. Tasted the red tomyam. It was really superb. Wish to go there again. Just don't forget to bring mosquito patches for an extra restful night.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ayulexa

Hi Ayulexa,

Thank you for your positive review about Ombak. We are happy to hear that you comfortable with the accommodation and satisfied with foods you had at Ombak Cafe. Plan to come here again!!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed in fan room which they termed as Wrasse room.

Relatively clean, everything you need is there, and staff are generally courteous and try to meet your requests. Everyone here is laid back and relaxed though, and in such an environment, they should be too I guess.

For such a basic room it should be much less than RM200, but most of the prices here in the Perhentian seem to be on the higher side. By that I do not mean that they are expensive, but just not value for money for what you're getting. And yes, one of the single beds was broken as someone else has pointed out. Obviously ignored and still not rectified.

If you choose to save RM100 and do away with aircon, make sure you cover up the whole night or bring some insect repellent or you get slaughtered by the mosquitoes at night...

The breakfast here kinda sucks my gf definitely can do better, so I guess I made the right choice of not choosing full board and eating most of my meal at Ewan's cafe some 3 minutes away at the rear of this resort.

Having read a lot of other resorts reviews, I guess Ombak is one of the safer choices on the island.

There doesn't seem to be a place to write a review for Ombak Divers, but I must say that the while the diving this trip round wasn't so good, the guys at Ombak left me a relatively good impression. Professional, friendly and going the extra mile to spot critters and creatures for me and my gf. Thumbs up to my DM Aley and to Din for being friendly and giving us the impression that our patronage matters to them, unlike the previous dive resort I had been to at Perhentian Besar.

Very high chance I'll be back, but not before trying Shari-La resort and Quiver Dive Team which both have pretty reasonable reviews and are just beside Ombak.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank arai33
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Most importantly, This chalet provides a 24hr electricity. The rooms is quite cozy compared to sharila resort. Selective rooms, an advice, go for the air condiotioned rooms. RM150nett per night (walk-in). The room, specially the bathroom was a satisfaction, very clean and spacious. Im so glad that my husband enjoyed his stay as he is kinda fussy and very particullar in selecting the room specially the bathroom.

Sad part is, the 1st night was a bit dissapointment as the bed was uncomfortable. I checked and found out the reason. It was broken and the management only put a cardboard to cover it up. It was uncomfortable as the bed is not level and the effect was, backache in the morning.

2nd night i moved to a fan room due to unavailabilities, room condition was a bomb. Good sleep.

The biggest dissapointment is that upon check in, i was promised a late check out at 2.00pm for FREE. But however, i recieved a call from the hotel approx 1.15 that i have to check out. I didnt mind it at all as i understood that they would like to clean it for the next occupant. I approached the counter for check out at approx 1.35pm. Here comes the dissapointing part. I had to pay an additional RM50 for the lateness of 1hour and 35minutes when i was promised a complimentary of 2hours. Wanted to speak to the person in charge but he was too busy to attend to a guest who was promised but yet CHEATED.

So sad, Good stay bt unprofessional service.

Room Tip: Both air-cond room and non-air cond rooms is worth the price.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tnatishakessler
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Ombak is definitely a head above the rest when it comes to accommodation, staff and atmosphere! We booked Ombak in a bit of a panic because a lot of the more established resorts were fully booked at the time, but it was the best choice we could have made after seeing some of the places on the Small Island. Surya took great care of us while there, and the bar staff always had a smile on their face and couldn't have been more helpful; the change of uniform from day to night was a nice touch! The food was well priced but if you want the fish barbecue, I'd recommend Amelia's or Mamas, just for value for money. All in all a perfect place to spend an island getaway and my only complaint is we couldn't stay longer

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank DE1990
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a good meal, a bit to the expensive side seen from a Malaysian point, but perfect service and very nice seeting. The restaurant is situated a bit off the Beach straight after landing on Kecil. The seats are all with big cussions, and very comfortable

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

fine chalet since they provide 24hour electricity and water. a few room types, hostel, deluxe room or quard sharing
i took ombak package through agent it cost around RM470++ /pax for 2 night including return boat transfer and diner.
receptionist somehow is a joke, room are not ready when we arrived and we have to waited like an one and half hour.
noted, deposit of RM100 is require upon check-in. And make sure you know what to order at ombak cafe since it took you like an hour for your food. Staff is extremely working in slow-mo
the package diner is awesome with 3 types of local main cuisine, we really love it and lovely breakfast, but the bbq diner is a totally disappointment. we jump of to amelia's cafe beside ombak resort to get our bbq diner. if you looking for cheap lunch, go for ewan cafe behind ombak resort along your way to long beach
easy access from ombak resort to long beach, 10 minutes walk :)
during snorkel trip, the agent ddnt inform about our arrival but luckily the tour guide take us along for snorkel trip, it make me double regret for booking through the agent for mismanage.
but the tour guide just keep makes us smile, very friendly and helpful all day long.
Fortunately, my brother get his best diving experience 10/10. He keep on giving a bunch of compliment about how friendly and good was the ombak diving staff
Strongly suggest booked separately since it's overprice if you think twice.
overal, the condition of the resort was great, nice and tidy. proper and huge room

Room Tip: quard room worth the value
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
#3 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Alunan Resort
Alunan Resort
#1 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Ombak Inn Chalet? Share your experiences!