“Good restaurant and great Wifi”
Review of Ewan Cafe

Ewan Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went to Ewan several times during our stay on Pulau Perhentian Kecil. The food is very good and the service is friendly. The prices are very reasonable if you compare with other places on the island. I would have given them a 5 star ranking if not the issue I had with their bungalows. The bungalows look very nice and I had asked several times if they had one available for our last night, they told me I had to check the day self, which I can totally understand but when I arrived that morning, they had one available but didn't want to give it to me because I only planned to stay one night. Once again, I can understand this is their policy but it's a pitty they didn't mention this to me the days before when I each time asked for a bungalow for only my last night... So nothing about the food just the minor issue with their bungalows that look very nice...

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Friendly atmosphere, good service, reasonable prices, Wi-fi(!) and the best breakfasts.
Owners and staff are very nice and helpful. Wi-fi is more stable at morning and it is for free. When we finished our food we´ve never had a feeling that we have to go and leave the place for other hungry guests. We loved fried banana with ice cream - heaven in mouth for just 6 ringgits!
We can highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Petra L
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Ewans Cafe is located near the pathway to Long Beach from Coral Bay. Everything we ate was very good. Became to my favourite the coconut vegetable, the banana fritter with ice cream and the fresh juices in the morning. If you eat meat you can choose from chicken, beef, and seafood (meat food was also delecious based on my brother opinion). The staff is very kind and friendly. We became returning guests and saw same faces everyday in the cafe...

And not forget the good buisness model they have : free wifi ( during our trip Ewan was the only place at Coral bay with wifi) and charging possibilities.

Maybe the only negative what I can say is the vegetarian choise is not as much I wanted to, and I can not get salad for breakfast...

Reviewed October 14, 2012

During our stay in Perhentian this was our place for breakfast, lunch and (some times) dinner.
The owners are just great, like the little 2 years daughter that is constantly animating everybody.
The food is very good and the fresh fruit juices as well.

1  Thank GermanoLobo
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Nestled on the pathway which connects Coral Bay to Long Beach Ewans Cafe has carved out its own niche. On a small tropical island where every business is located on the beach one would think a restaurant set back in the trees with no view would find it hard to compete. However instead of just competing Ewans has become the No:1 choice for a lot of tourists and resident divers alike

Upon arrival you are always greeted with a smile and they also remember faces and repeat customers and acknowledge same. The menu is varied and the food comes quickly even on tr many evenings when the place is packed which even in low season I nearly every night.

A perk which I entices many first te customers is the free wifi and available power cables as wifi is hard to get an electricity is typically only on in guest houses from 6pm to 9pm.

Whether breakfast, lunch or dinner Ewans will satisfy your pallet in a relaxed jungle setting.