Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Best service ever

Reviewed September 26, 2018
Kimhung T
via mobile

All reviews keep coming back great hospitality diving experience open water course dive shop underwater photographer comfort zone highly recommend this diving school an upgrade open water advanced friendly staff long beach my fav well taken care warm welcome boat man dive sites
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I traveled to the perhentian islands with a friend for one thing-diving. This dive shop is so awesome the crew makes you feel like part of the Matahari family. Looking for my safety is priority and they have knowledge, and experience to help me achieve my diving goals. I had so much fun with the AOWD course and logging 14 dives in 5 days. Even though I didn't get to see the infamous whale shark seen around the temple of the sea, I loved every bit of the aquatic life, from the various dive locations. This was one fun, exciting, and unforgettable experience I will definately look forward to coming back to in the future-so glad Matahari Divers made it happen!

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Mahatari Diver has a good team. We do the DSD here. The team is very patient with us. The instuctor is very funny. Easy to understand what he said. Best service ever.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Super fun diving center! The people were great and make you feel at home. The equipment was good. Very nice dive spots. We felt really safe as we got a lot of dive masters / instructors with our group.
When you go diving at Perhentian Kecil, definitely go to Matahari!

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Wendy (a Dutch girl) was our dive instructor for our AOWD, she was really enthusiastic, knowledgeable, strict in the good way (what is good because we felt really safe) and it was fun!
We would really recommend her, maybe see you next time somewhere else at a great dive spot! Thank you! :)

Matahari itself was an ok dive school, some instructors and dive masters are really great and knowledgeable (but not all). The ambiance at Matahari is cozy and nice, the chalets are fine, only a bit hot in summer without air conditioning. The breakfast is great and restaurant serves great Rendang btw. The package cost for accommodation and diving is really reasonable!

Cons:
Sometimes the groups of "fundivers" were way too big, so it became chaotic underwater with just one instructor on 8 people.
The equipment definitely need an upgrade (regulators, BCD's, wet suits)! For us, this is really important.
When you did your course (and finish it; yeah!) they not register it online for you, but you get an paper you need to send yourself with a photo to PADI Australia. But when you are traveling around it can be a bit inconvenient to carry this "precious" papers with you till you are home and can send those to PADI. It is a bit old fashioned in our opinion.
Visibility when diving was kind of bad, but still, the wreck and big schools of fish were amazing!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Pros:
-The customer service was good, fast response and provided me with useful information.
-The staff and the boss is very nice to us, we feel warmth when we first reached the place.

Cons:
-I believe most of the instructor is nice but unfortunately my friend and I met the impatient instructor-Frank, he is local Malay. We are doing OWD but it's really our first time in diving by using all of the equipment,so we were panic in the beginning when he requested us to do the skills, he was angry and frustrated with us and told us off. He expected us to be the fast learner, remember all of the point from the video in the second day (first day we watched the video for 3 hours++), once we forgot, we get scolded, he said that we need special treatment and asked us to return..both of us was so demotivated and we couldn't complete it.......whereas the other members could complete it as they were calm and fast learner ,some of them had the diving experience and quite familiar with the equipment.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Did my OWD here. I had a very very good instructor, Fred. Very patient, well verse n very caring. And the staffs there were wonderful. Im looking fwd to my next dive there. Planning for that very very soon . Keep up the good work, Mat Jeng!!

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Nice dive school with friendly staff. Had 6 fundives here and refresher course. Refresher was very nice and Guillaume was very patient and comforting. 6 fundives were all to different dive sites, some 5 min and other 20 min ashore. Boat men would listen to non-speeding instruction because of my tendency for sea-sickness: very nice. We had some troubles with strong current, which made our tanks run out faster than our dive guide had anticipated. In the end everything was okay. Meghan and Guillaume both were very kind, funny and professional. Some equipment could use an upgrade (broken regulator, wetsuits with holes/broken zipper) and more equipment (sometimes they ran out). Would dive with them again

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend arrived on Perhentian for a week of sun and sea but ended up staying for over a month with Matahari divers. Before I had been far too scared and worried about ever taking the plunge and going diving but ended up completing my open water course and falling in love with it. This was all down to the support from the Matahari team who were so encouraging and made me feel so comfortable in the water. I cannot thank them enough for this and making us feel so welcome on our trip. We will definitely be going back again.

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

I came here for 3 days of beach life and snorkling. Then I fell in love, with the island and diving. The trip turned into 2 months of diving. All because of the lovely people of mataharidivers, they made me feel like family from the second I walked in the first night!

Reviewed June 29, 2018

I came in expecting to stay 4-5 days at most in the Pehrentians and ended up extending to 2 whole weeks. Mata hari is well worth 5/5.