“Uninterested staff”
Review of Turtle Bay Divers

Turtle Bay Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: We Dive from March to October. We start PADI course Everyday PADI Open Water Rm 990 PADI Advanced course RM 890 Certified we dive 3 times a day 8:30 am, 12:30pm and 3:30 pm. We also have dive day trips to Redang island 1 to 4 dives RM 75 each dive 5th dive on RM 70 Pinnacle & Sugar Wreck RM 90 each dive All prices above Include Diving Equipment. We accept Cash and credit card. No ATM on the island Contact by email or facebook
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Uninterested staff”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I wasn't a huge fan of the staff, finding them somewhat arrogant and having little time for mere beginners such as myself.

I was reproached by one of the staff members when I turned up twenty minutes before schedule to read a book at a table (imagine the impertinence) I went on two dives and I was made feel small by both divemasters (my buddies on those occasions).

I felt that the dive masters who accompanied me cared little for the fact that I was an open water diver who had just five dives to their name - unless they were genuinely inept. You know the environment where you're almost afraid to ask a question, a sense of belittlement. I don't understand their condescension when these people are diving every waking hour, surely taking time to help along a hapless novice at my own slow pace isn't much of a demand (it's their job after all).

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Agustus G

Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very professional and friendly”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I took the Open water diver course here a week ago. Since it was off season, whole of the island was relaxed. People at the dive center were helpful, out Instructor Harun Yuksel was professional and a fun loving guy. We were made to do all the exercises in a relaxed manner and at the end of the course we felt very comfortable and confident moving underwater and on the surface. I especially liked the way the instructor talked so that the not native English speakers could easily understand.

1 Thank RohitKugve
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two tough days at the office!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Perhentian Islands offer great diving opportunities and Turtle Bay are the ones to go with!
Myself and two mates had two great days diving with these guys, they have the perfect mix of chilled out and professional, just what we were after.

The staff are friendly and helpful, they give great pre dive briefs and look after you all the way.
The gear is in excellent condition and is labeled with your name on to stop any confusion on the boat.

We dived the Pinnacle and the Sugar Wreck and a couple of closer reef dives all of which are top notch sites, we had a rare day of great vis on the wreck which made exploring the ship easy and very enjoyable.

Our DM on the second day was Connor, big thanks to you mate for a great days diving!

When you get to the Perhentians, give these guys a visit and you'll have some great dives.

Thanks guys!

London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Fantastic place to do open water course ”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We did our own water course and some fun dives with Turtle Bay. All the staff we dived with were friendly and professional. We were never rushed and the equipment was well maintained. I would strongly recommend them to anyone considering diving in the perhentian islands.

1 Thank JohnGrahamUK
Hong Kong, China
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Diving Fun!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The equipment was clean, and everything was already set up for us when we arrived for our dive. Our dive masters (ben and cat) were very through on their brief, and even walked me through the fish book so I knew what to look out for during the dive.
Their fun dives are a little more expensive than other ones on the island, but well worth it.