“Great and professional dive school”
Review of Turtle Bay Divers

Turtle Bay Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: We Dive from March to October. We start PADI course Everyday PADI Open Water Rm 990 PADI Advanced course RM 890 Certified we dive 3 times a day 8:30 am, 12:30pm and 3:30 pm. We also have dive day trips to Redang island 1 to 4 dives RM 75 each dive 5th dive on RM 70 Pinnacle & Sugar Wreck RM 90 each dive All prices above Include Diving Equipment. We accept Cash and credit card. No ATM on the island Contact by email or facebook
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We got our PADI open water in 3 days here. It was very professional. The staff was also really friendly and helpfull. They gave us a good deal on accomodation As well. We had so much fun during our course! And next to that, The turtle dive shop also kinda feels like home. Great place to dive (and good price too)!

There are newer reviews for Turtle Bay Divers

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I think the turtle bay diver's, located at mama's chalet, are the best on the island. Good prices, good staff, good gear, good boats, good service and so on. Good instruction before the dive. We did just 3 dives each with them but we loved the dive spots. Only problem we didnt like was the crowded places in the weekend. To many divers at 1 spot. Specialy at sugar wreck. After each dive you can do an evaluation. With some coffee/thea and coockies. Write your log together with the divemasters. Prices for 1 dive + equipment around € 20,-

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Get yourself certified from dive centers on the islands itself as they know the waters and stuff well. Turtle Bay Divers was that. Was disappointed from one of the local dive center in mainland Singapore and was skeptical in the beginning with this decision of ours to get our AOW but after reading reviews here went on. It was a good decision. We were greeted by friendly Bridget (pardon If I spelt it wrong) and was assigned great instructors and DM. Colin, Joe, Andrew were patient, sincere, fun, very knowledgeable and experienced with the waters there. They taught us skills beyond what was tested and we learned so much from them. The dive equipment were new. Our fun dive with Emil was an adventure and gorgeous Theresa helped out a lot with my mask and equalization issues on my birthday dive with the family.
We would like to thank Joe and Andrew for making our daughter and even enthusiastic and an ocean defender with her newly certified AOW. To sum up, it was a good dive trip and that birthday dive we had as a family will remain forever etched in our head thanks to the awesome Intructors, DM, staff we were greeted and assigned too.

P.S: I still owe someone beer fines which I magically forgotten there:P

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is one of the best dive shops I've dived with. The staff are very nice and knowledgeable for a start and their gear are all very new, so you'll feel great to be in their gear while diving. The dive instructor I had was a freelance they're hiring for a month and she used to work there. So you know she's good! She's always ahead of us for planning and leading the dives, making sure everyone is okay and didn't get lost.

They also have really detailed site briefing so you know exactly what the place would look like and what to expect to see. I had amazing time there and this place comes highly recommended!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I came with some friends to do their open water portion of their scuba certification (I was their instructor). I can't say the process beforehand went all that smoothly. There was lots of confusion about pricing, and until the night before we were scheduled to dive we had no clue where we were meeting or at what time. Finally, after dinner, an instructor that worked there came to our hotel to let us know the schedule. Not a great start.

Pros: Rental equipment is quite good and in great repair. Divemasters and office staff were quite helpful. Pricing was fair. Dive briefs were pretty solid, although there was no discussion about what divers should do in the event of an emergency or if they get separated from their buddy. As this varies by region, it should be included in a dive briefing.

Cons: The approach to the dive center and the boats is really unsafe. You're walking over tons of dead coral and slippery rocks. Not being advised of this beforehand, we didn't know we should bring reef shoes or something. It was even worse when trying to walk over this surface with gear and tanks. Later in the day other boats are moored along this same area, and you have to step over lines and avoid the dangerous, sharp anchor points which you can't always see, all while carrying heavy gear while walking over sharp coral and slippery rocks. Some of the other shops use a pontoon-supported dock. They should really consider doing the same. It's crazy.

We had not been told that we have about 2 hours between dives! A 2-tank trip should not be an all-day affair, and they should advise customers of this so they can plan accordingly.

See above regarding dive briefing.

I would have to say that I would not use this shop for an open water or advanced course either. Instructors made some questionable decisions, and the line being utilized for one of the required open water components was a high risk for the instructor to slice their hand open or face not being able to provide proper control of the student diver during the skill.

2  Thank 1Dad1Kid