Shari-La Island Resort
Mimpi Perhentian(Pulau Perhentian Kecil)
$103
$91
  • Pool
BuBu Long Beach Resort(Pulau Perhentian Kecil)
$156
$142
  • Beachfront
Coral View Island Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
$45
$41
  • Restaurant
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
$61
$49
  • Restaurant
D'Lagoon(Pulau Perhentian Kecil)
Matahari Chalet(Pulau Perhentian Kecil)
Perhentian Tuna Bay Island Resort(Pulau Perhentian Besar)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewscoral bayhot showerlong beachbuffet dinnerfront officeair conditionermini fridgeother placesper personjettybbqbudgetsquidhoneymoonsharksparadisecafe
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The resort is very well set up in a great location. Own beach is lovely, and right next to jetty for mainland. Has restaurants and little stores along bay too.

Rooms were ok. Wish there was a few windows for natural light. Can see it is best in area though with air con and hot water. Nice and clean with lots of room.

What was disappointing was the service. Staff didn't go out of their way much. Some were very nice and helpful but a few talked to us like we were stupid. Not what you want when you pay $100au a night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicolef494
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Yes all other good review says the right recommendation for this place. Considering the poor quality accommodation elsewhere , and not value for money ( other places charge RM 150 and not upto the standard) . I find Shari La is the best overall in Perhenthian Kecil

I researched some other accommodation elsewhere in the island, and I find it to be the BEST choice. You may need to pay USD 10 - 15 more than others. But it is worth paying.

I also find the Restaurant to be the BEST and most hygienic.

The BBQ Dinner costs RM 25 and it is worth single penny.

If you want to RELAX, I highly recommend you to stay in Shari La

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank TAJUL_GHANI
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I cant remember all the details since it's been like 4 months away.The hotel is good,the toilet smells like sea because we keep back and forth for cleaning after swimming at the sea.I can give Sharila 4★ for overall and I would added another half star since they let us check in earlier than the check in time.Maybr because of our smile that make the reception boy flutter and let us in.

The next day,they provided us with good snorkel package which is only RM35 for 5 or 6 checkpoint.I brought along my drybag which i kept sunglasses, a bottle of bread (to feed the fish during snorkelling.It a MUST!), and the most important thing; SUNBLOCK!That morning was a little raining,like a breeze and I love it because it's really like a kampung (village) side.The air,the sea smell, the forest.

Oh and I forgot to mention about the food as well.A lot of people reviewing about the food is expensive.So bring along all your instant foods such as noodle,bread and mineral water.Mind you, at the mainlaind,mineral water which only cost RM2 for the 1.5litres can skyrocketed to RM3 to RM4 per bottles. For me,the food prices was affordable since I bring along cash because there is no ATM machine there. Sharila resort provided buffet breakfast for RM10 which I ate half of their food I think.LOL!

There is so many things that I want to review.Maybr I should write again next time. But I'll defenitely stay here for the next coming trip.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank sueannmeri
Reviewed November 15, 2013

During my travels of 2 months I stayed here with some people I met along the way. We stayed in a dorm, which was nice and clean and has good closets to put your stuff away safely. Our roommates here were very nice and we had nice dinners with these other roommates. Good atmosphere. The shared bathrooms for the dorms were awfull, but we couldn't care less about that because the rest of the resort was perfect. Their BBQ is definitely a good one to do! Also book a snorkeling trip at the resort, best price of the island and very nice to do.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Elientjepientje
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family and I visited Perhentian last week and stayed at Shari-La. The experience was better than I expected because the island is really an eco island with limited facilities but Shari-La was wonderful.

The rooms were very well setup and suitable for relaxation. There are some lovely beach facing rooms too. We stayed in a standard room and a deluxe room(larger room and bathroom).

The resort was right on the beach for some surprisingly good snorkelling and some good seafood barbeque spots on the beach.

I have to mention that the staff were really nice to us - and thanks to Rudy for helping with the internet connection. The team were always pleasant at all times even though we were probably the noisiest bunch there :-) !

Some pros:
- great location for accessing island activities and the awesome reef/turtles/sharks/gorgeous fish!
- good beach access and jetty
- pleasant and helpful staff
- cheap hire for snorkelling and kayaking equipment

Some thoughts:
- the walk from the room in the back was quite a hike(standard room)
- beach chairs at the resort could use a revamp or cushions. Umbrellas would be nice too.
- electricity cuts were frequent
- there was construction happening causing a bit of noise(it looked good though, they were building water features)

It's true that the hot water was on and off and this can affect some people. The team did sort it out for us though.

We still had a lovely time and would go back! Next time we will try to go mid year because we stayed for five days and had rain quite frequently. Even though we are "sun chasers" this did not ruin the relaxing trip. Thanks Shari-la!

Room Tip: Aim to be closer to the reception to prevent a long walk to the rear end of the resort.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family