“I'd rather cancel my trip then staying here again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Panorama Chalet Resort
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here in 2006 and from what I read, it seems the chalet has not changed at all. I have given my review in Tripadvisor but I could not locate it now.

Just to make it short, please stay away from here as it is super run down. Yes they do provide very very "basic" facilities but they are missing the major factor: Cleanliness!

1) a half function and very dirty toilet
2) room with a very old mattress and mosquitoes net
3) 1 wall fan with poor wind circulation (you can barely feel the wind from wall fan after cover the bed with mosquitoes net)
4) limited time of electricity (I not sure if they still practice it now, but back then, the power will shut down after 10am daily)

After almost 80% of the review here condemn this place, I seriously doubt the genuine intention of those ppl who put up a good comment here.

Stay away from here and get a decent clean place to stay. Don't torture your holiday unless that's what you are looking for.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha_Ng

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We took the Open Water course + room package (3 nights) at Panorama. We made a quick decision to stay at Panorama Chalet, thinking it would be cheaper to take the package. Huge MISTAKE. The "rooms" are in tear-down condition, made only of plywood and there are holes everywhere. Worse still, we had MICE living under our bed. One night they came to eat our belongings, so we ended up having to buy all new hygiene stuff and make-up. The staff didn't offer us any compensation for the loss, only the possibility to switch rooms.

The rooms are WAY too expensive for the quality, for RM120 a night it's a ripoff. For RM140 a night you can stay in a very nice hotel, for example Shari-La at Coral Bay.

Simply, don't stay at Panorama.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank N00ra_e
Reviewed September 28, 2013

These chalets are very basic but are run by extremely friendly people which makes the stay really easy!
The restaurant doesn't serve beer but they allow you to bring in your beer cans from a closeby bar.
The breakfast is abundant and the staff can help organizing activities in the island, from snorkelling, diving and trips to other beautiful beacheas.
Nearby is the panorama diving school with Great staff and wonderful prices!
Ideal for going with relaxed friends

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Panorama Chalet is probably one of the WORST place you can stay at the beach! I took the Open water diving package, so I stayed for 4 days 3 nights. And all I can say is that I'm never going to stay there ever again! The room is basically made of a thin piece of wood and a few nails holding it together.On top of that, it had a very bad smell to it and that the toilet was in a very sad state.
This wasn't the issue for me though, the one thing that really made this place my number.1 worst experience was the receptionist. Taking the diving package, I naturally assumed that I had the room until my last dive of the last day. Not only did the receptionist fail to mention the check out time, she demanded that I pay a full day rate for the room that I had stayed in. Talking in a calm way, I quickly pointed out that no prior notice was given to me neither in writing nor verbal therefore I could not possibly be held responsible for her own carelessness. She insisted that she had written it all down on my receipt, check in day. I presented her with the receipt and there was definitely nothing written on it as I had insisted. Trying to cover her mistake, she argued that there is a notice written in each room. However, the rooms truly had nothing but one bed and one fan.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AisyahRahim
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived here and went to reception to get a room! The diving packages seemed really good and great value with the accommodation included so we decided to stay here! BIG MISTAKE! The receptionist was really rude and not helpful at all! Our room was dark dingy and dirty! There were so many bugs flying and crawling in our room and the mosquito net was no good as it was torn! The bathroom if you could call it that was filthy with cold water! We stayed here for 2 nights as we included it in our dive package but we had to leave as it was just awful!
The dive shop was great, the staff were really friendly and welcoming so you felt really at gone and a great atmosphere for meeting and talking with other travellers! Some of the wetsuits have seen better days but you don't really mind as you don't really need a wetsuit as the water is so warm!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank total_ledge
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Chalets are filthy and infested with bugs and bed bugs. Horrible place to sleep and you avoid going back until you have to sleep. Would avoid at all costs.
We did the 2 night and 5 dive combo which is excellent value at 395 and the diving was good quality with good equipment and friendly guides but its a shame the accomodation is soooooo bad, after 2 nights we were told the cost per additional night would be 120 which is ridiculous so we moved to Shari La on coral bay which was similar money and so much nicer.
The lady at reception is unable to smile and of no assistance at all.
Basically diving is good, chalets are HORRIBLE !!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Joe K
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Arriving on the island in the evening and given that most hostels do not take any reservations,
we took an AC Room for 4 people paying 250 RMN, which is a considerable amount even on Kecil. To sum up: the place was extremely dirty and stuff was broken all over. Example of Dirty: cobweb just next to my head while lying in bed, so easy to notice and remove for even the laziest of cleaners, dirty floor, chewing gum in the sink, uncleaned toilets with remnants of previous occupiers,... Broken: when using the sink the water just went straight through the drain on to the bathroom floor, one of the two toilets never functioned and the other gave up after a couple of flushings. When we tried to get part of our money back the reception people just completely ignored our complaints saying that we could just check out (it was 22h) if we were not happy. They did send a non-communicative handyman who fixed the sink and one of the toilets in 30 minutes, which made us wonder why they could not have fixed those things BEFORE renting out the room. If I can give you any advice, then it is simply to STAY AWAY. THere is much better accommodation for less or the same price if you go just a little inland, like for example Tropicana Resort rooms (I don't know about their dorm but the new rooms are perfect).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tinnh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pulau Perhentian Kecil
BuBu Long Beach Resort
BuBu Long Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resort
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resor...
#5 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
#6 of 7 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Ombak Inn Chalet
Ombak Inn Chalet
#6 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Panorama Chalet Resort? Share your experiences!