“Great dive shop!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Panorama Chalet Resort
selangor
“Great dive shop!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Panorama divers are a great bunch! The divers are friendly and great teachers.
Divemaster Gab is the best!
She is funny, fun, enthusiastic and great at spotting sea creatures!
I heard Divemaster Gab once did a backflip in to the water, instead of a backroll! (dont try it with your bcd on!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for two nights, the first night was in a double room which was do-able, once you got used to the smell. The chalets are constructed in such a way that the air-con sucks in the air from the piles of garbage that were carelessly thrown behind the chalets. This leaves you with two options: sleeping in a hot, moist room (as the bathroom is in no way ventilated) or in a cold room that reeks of garbage. Everything in this 'resort' is put together without any consideration of the people actually staying there. It seems that the staff simply does not care that you're sleeping in garbage smell, or that the tiles in the bathroom are stuck together with mold.
The second night we stayed in a family room, which contained two double beds. There was a hole in one of the sheets and there were no towels or blankets. When asked about the towels and blankets, we were told to come back later, as they had not yet been washed. When we came back at the end of the day (at least 5 hours later), we were told again to come back later, and received them an hour after that. This family room was in an absolute state. There was nothing in the bathroom that was not broken: the toilet seat was on the floor, the tiles were broken and the wash basin wobbled every time you turned on the tap. The cockroach running around gave the impression that a proper clean had been a long time ago.
I have travelled far and in many cheap hostel (although this, at 220 ringgit a night was most definitely not cheap!), but I have never come across a place so disgustingly dirty, and taken care of so badly. Pretty much everything in and around this place was either really gross or falling apart, or both. That night I was dreading going to sleep, and as a swatted away some sort of bug crawling up my leg, I furiously wished I had picked my bed for the night more carefully.

Room Tip: ask to see the room before you stay!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank annejh

Travelers are raving about these Pulau Perhentian Kecil hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here in May 2013 at one of its A-frame ensuite chalets, which cost RM120 per night. A bit overpriced as you only get a dead basic chalet and not worth the price. If it had a view of the beach, it could have compensated. The proximity to the beach however is one of its plus points - say you left something in the chalet, it's not far to walk back. The reggae bar which has live acoustic shows at night is also just next door - not far to crawl back if you're drunk. The restaurant's menu is decent - but a better option is the Oh La La cafe, which serves awesome burgers.

Don't bother calling the number on the website to book a room - the person behind the line just gave a curt "we don't accept bookings" before slamming the phone down on me. I could only enquire about rooms at the Kuala Besut jetty through one of the travel agents. But it was in May which is peak season, so your only chance of a room is through a walk-in. They also probably prioritise dive+room package customers, so if you dive, it may be easier to get a room here.

Not a diver so could not comment on their diving service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Puchong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Did my dives with Panorama Divers. Had a great time. This was my 7th time at Perhentian and 2nd time diving with them. Paid only Ringgit 698 per pax for 8 dives, 4 days 3 nights air condition chalet. Nic who was in charge there arranged everything for us. Dive masters Pablo, Kris , Inca and Kent ensured that our dives were safe. Most of the time I had 1 dive master to myself. Dive equipments are in good condition. Free coffee and biscuit. Always love Long Beach.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Selangor, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was there asking for a room when the chalet I stayed a night before was full and I wish to extend one more night. The receptionist offer me an aircond room with meal package, about rm130 which I think is overpriced. I tried to bargain with him as I'm travelled alone. He was rude and asking me to stay the other chalet if i think its package is expensive. I walk away and end up I found a fan room in Lemon Grass which cost me rm45 only!

Room Tip: The chalet is at the middle of long beach but the rooms are far away from the beach.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ShiewHoon
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

As local travel, im very sorry to write this, im regular face to perhentian since im tour guide, with recent issue recommend to my foreign friend whom stay there on September 2012 , their and my experiences are bad, I had bad time ordering food from the restaurant. The staff rude, and food are purposely late after we complained, the room are pricey ( compare to other place) and un well and not well maintain it. I was different when I once stay there 2009. Im sorry to said this. What leave just the name. And the panorama dive shop are good but not the acommandation. Find others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank wantedperson
Hong Kong
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at this Chalet in Aug for a 3D2N diving trip. The Panorama Chalets are right in the centre of the long beach but all their chalets are located inside near the foot hill. The rooms are not cheap and the receiption may try to charge you the premium rack rates even with advance booking so make sure to print out your email confirmation letter.

This is a backpackers hostel style and even so the rates are not cheap given the accomodation standards. Our chalets are the deluixe with two double beds, ensuite toilet and with air-con. Once we step into the Chalet, it looks totally different to the pictures on their web site. The floor is dirty with only two beds and no other furnitures for simple storage. The floor is broken and seems to colllapse at anytimes so we need to walk very slowly and lightly. There is no proper windows with glasses so once you open the window for day light, it means you are inviting others to come in. We have to close all windows during teh stay for security reason and to ensure no insects to get in. The toilet is very very simple and with very bad maintenance and smell.

The attached restaurant there is over priced in malaysian standards and the service is poor. So we spent most of our dinners outside at the main beach. There is a small local convenience store opp to the dive centre so you can shop all the basic necessities such as water , snacks, local sim card there.

We had our diving in the Panorama dive centre and it was fantastic. The dive sites are very remarkable and with very professional divemasters. We thanks to natalie and Halla to make our diving trip very enjoyable although the equipments there are a bit old!

For divers, i may recommend you to stay at other chalets but to do your diving here. Although, they had offered us with discount as we did our diving here but still the room conditions and rates are disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ombak Resort Perhentian Island
Ombak Resort Perhentian Island
#4 of 14 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resort
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resor...
#4 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Perhentian Tropicana Inn
Perhentian Tropicana Inn
#9 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Panorama Chalet Resort? Share your experiences!