“No balance between price and quality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Panorama Chalet Resort
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Rooms very basics for the price and not very clean. Room with air con and hot water for RM 150 per day (you can find out better solution for same price). Staff quite rude.
Eletricity available only few hours a day (means that also air con and hot water not always available). Good food and choice on the restaurant, both for breakfast and lunch/dinner.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sergio75_1234

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Rooms are very very basic for the price of RM115 at Perhentian Kecil. We found in the bathroom/toilet was maggots! My friends and I washed it down but it came back 1 hour later. We made a complaint and the housekeeping ladies went to check while my friends and I were at the reception. The housekeeping ladies came back telling us there were none so I went back there to show them but I found them washing off the evidence instead claiming that "they do that so they could see the "so-called" maggots"

Obviously they saw it and lied so I suggest for them to come back 1 hour later and one of the ladies answered rudely, "ya ya ya" (in a sarcasm tone) that's when i had enough and starting scolding back and the same lady said some foul words!

My friends and I asked for refund instead and stayed in Rock Garden which was awesome! I used to stay in Matahari Chalets last year and because they were full, we tried Panorama instead this year since the agent said it was as good as Matahari but of course, obviously no.

RUDE and LYING Staff... stay away!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ruby y
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Like the other reviews said, this isn't the most glamorous place in the world.

We arrived (my bf and I)in peak season and wanted to stay in coral bay (the other side) but there were no decent rooms available so we trekked over to long beach.

Our double chalet cost 95RM which is definitely overpriced BUT it was a lot nicer than other rooms we saw.

It was slightly disappointing no one cleaned our room in a 4 night stay but think that's the norm for perhentian? The bathroom was a bit below average too.

Anyway we enjoyed our stay, it's a good choice if you don't want to linger in your room too long.

I wouldn't hunt this place out specifically but if you're stuck then it's ok.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I took the 5days 4nights OW PADI dive and room package last 2wks with my friends for just RM1050 each. 3 of us stayed in a family room with 2 double beds, attached bathroom and AC.
When i first walked into the room, i was shocked cos it was far from what was portrayed from the website. The room was well, run-down and VERY basic, 2 beds a table and that's all. Nevertheless, i adapted quickly upon the first night, mostly because we spent most the time at the beach and sea and the room well it was merely for shower and sleep. Electricity runs from 6pm-8am the next morning then 12pm till 3pm but as i was saying we weren't in the room most the time so it was okay.
(p/s: bring your own toiletries)

The location was good, middle of long beach and you can watch sunrise from here and hike about 10mins to the back of the island, Coral Bay to watch the sunset. As for food, it's more pricey here as compared to Coral Bay so we dined at Coral Bay most the time. BBQ seafood is a must here, get the fish esp Barracuda and forget bout the prawns. The set meal baked potatoes/steamrice/fish/fruits/banana cake cost at about RM18 only. Mamma Cafe at Coral Bay is a nice place to dine in. Try the fresh Mango juice as well it's only RM4. As for Long Beach you can try Daniella Cafe.
Panorama Cafe is nice too we usually have our lunch over. The burgers are good.
If you're on a tight budget, every morning 8am plus and noon, there's this lady (from the fishing village) who sells local food; nasi minyak, nasi lemak, noodles and some Malaysian pastries in front of Panorama Dive booth at a very reasonable price. RM2-3. Try the nasi minyak, i really like it!!
The cocktails are alright not too expensive but no variations. U can try the monkey juice cocktail, somewhat exotic here!!

Panorama divers are AWESOME~~!! The have dive instructors who speaks French, Spanish, Swedish and BOY they are really FUN people. We had so much fun diving with them (we love u Cicci). We managed to see some billed turtle, lotsa nemos, parrot fish, sting ray, etc.

One of the morning, we actually saw this really huge green turtle trying to lay egg at the beach, but they were too many curious/excited tourists surrounding her, so she decided to swim back to the sea. It was really cool!!! if u ever see one please don't try to touch her, nobody likes to be touch when u'r on an "important mission" u noe what i mean?

I would recommend the panorama divers for sure but as for the room, i think u can get a better condition room with the same price; at the Rock Garden.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank weiwayk
Reviewed March 31, 2011

If you are staying on Long Beach this is a good option. You can get slightly cheaper and maybe better rooms elsewhere (I was told by a local) but this is a good central location. The rooms are a basic hut, but ok if your just looking for somewhere to sleep. The place has a restaurant with a good selection of meals. They also have a movie at 8pm. I think it would be quite a good place for solo travelers to meet up at dinner before going out to the beach bars if that is your thing. Staff are friendly and helpful. I was able to get reasonable 3G access (Celcom) from my room. I think they may also have internet cafe.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Heard about this trip from my cousin, who had stayed before, saying it was for backpackers. Decided to give them a call, and asked them what room would be suitable for 3 people. They had the family room on a promotion, for RM100 a night. Pretty reasonable for us, and it had aircon too.

They liase with a speedboat/ferry service company Layar Bhatera, which you will find at the Kuala Besut Jetty. RM60 for a 2 way trip, very good/reasonable service. Unfortunately only if you go around the end/during monsoon season, they will drop you at Coral Bay, and you take about a 15 minute walk across the island, to Long Beach.

Arriving at Panorama, which is next to Matahari Resort, the outside appearance looked shabby, upon arrival, the reception looked pretty welcoming, big eating area, and when we were led to our room, which was very near the entrance, and the reception. They have only 2 family rooms, and they were HUGE. 2 double beds, with tons of space in between, with a balcony to ourselves overlooking the reception. Bathroom was reasonable, well, you just mainly bath/shower quickly, so it doesn't matter much as long as there's water and a clean toilet. It was reasonable on my part.

Electricity runs mainly from 7pm to 7am. It doesn't matter alot, because the balcony was cooling during the day, and we were at the beach/snorkeling during the day too. The room was pretty cooling. But my friends and I were pretty laid back and didn't mind hanging around on the balcony etc. Occasionally we'd be rewarded with a short span of electricity during the day, where we could charge our stuff/switch on the aircon.

The location of Panorama is around the middle of Long Beach, the beach is pretty nice around this area, and outside of the chalet is 3 eating places, reasonable food. Not being choosy, it's fine. One thing is that the prices are NOT cheap. Reckon a normal lunch/dinner would cost you between RM10-20. Depending. Like rice and a dish, would be around RM12. Panorama's eating place wasn't that bad either, they showed movies every night on a projector at 8pm. So it offered some simple entertainment.

Didn't go when the parties were on, so movies at night were out entertainment. Snorkeling with Panorama was good too, RM40 per person for 5 places, pretty reasonable. We got to see a turtle, sharks, stingrays etc. Pretty awesome.

I would recommend this place, if you're not too choosy about your accomodation, and are just mainly laid back. It's a great place to relax, and the beach is just awesome. Enjoy yourself, relax and not demand so much, and your vacation will go by smoothly definitely.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pettieernie
Reviewed February 8, 2011

perfect in the middle of seaside area, the food were marvellous they treated us good probably we're all girls..make sure u had a quick shower if not your 2nd roomate will never had a chance to shower..price are ok for walk in rate nothing bad happen except the moment my friend took a long shower and i had to take bath outside at the pipe..the rest all ok.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple