“Booking system is a complete mess.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bubbles Dive Centre and Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Bubbles Dive Centre and Resort
“Booking system is a complete mess.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I'm staying in the resort as volunteer at the moment. The environment is Absolutely stunning however, the living conditions for volunteers are just barely better than camping out door.
I booked my trip through ecoteer, and there is no communication at all between the resort and the agent. On the 1st day of arrival, my booking was not even on the list which I have already paid for the full price. The staff just put me and my friend into rooms 1st then said they would find out what kind of bookings did we make. However, they did not get back to us at all until we chase them up and found out they had all the booking wrong. Me and my friend has requested separate private room for the trip, however they made a mistake of wanting to put us in the same room. It has been a week they still couldn't find out if we had booked for a separated private room or separated shared room (with same sex).
Next thing is, I was never told that the room do not has hot water. Even it is hot in the afternoon, however, it is fairly cold at night specially after night beach patrol (either 3am or 8am). Plus they told us not to bring hair dryer, therefore I slept with my sandy hairs for a week now after freezing cold shower. I have asked for an upgrade to a room that has hot water, however they still fail to get back to me if there is any room available after 2 days = 4 more freezing cold shower.
Environment is great, but unless you are as strong as a cow and do not main living with insects all day long, otherwise, do not come.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Imnotpicky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed there for 3 days / 2 nights in May'12. Splendid nice beach; no other resorts nearby, secluded, clear aquamarine water and very nice natural greenary all around. The owners were attentive and helpful; food was good but bit costly; rooms were large and well maintained. We have a great time - just relaxing by the sea, swimming and looking at the scenary. The most important part is privacy. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kuching, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here with a friend for 4 nights 5 days June 2012, as volunteers for the Ecoteer Turtle Conservation Project. As soon as we got off the boat and onto the small, private and stunning beach we felt welcomed and at home. The resort is basic but has everything you need, including great hammocks along the tree line of the beach, free wifi and access to beach toys, lilo's and snorkel equipment. I thought we were spoilt for snorkeling in Australia but at Bubbles you only need to go 20 metres from the beach to find clown fish, anemones, great coral, sharks, sea turtles and abundance of fish to be mesmerized by!

The staff at Bubbles are great. They're friendly and make you feel like you've arrived at your new home for your stay. It's great to see a resort who are focused on conservation and make an effort to involve their guests in the project. Thanks for helping us with our requests for all sorts Pacey and thanks for the vegimite toast Libby! :)

The food at Bubbles is fantastic. Great range, fresh and tasty! Ash and his team do an amazing job in the kitchen. We could have eaten ourselves into a comma.

Gareth is a great representative of the ecoteer project. He knows his stuff and supports newbies to help him with the project. We were so lucky to see a sea turtle nest on the beach and learn about the hatchery and other areas of the project.

We'll be back, that's for sure!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank rachL2012
KL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed for 3 days 2 nights with my 2 years old daughter accompanying my wife and her fellow office mates for their diving trip. As i don't dive, i just stayed and relaxed at the resort while my wife did her few sessions dive. Walk by the beach with my daughter and slept on the hammock at the beach side (surprisingly the temperature was not hot and humid...it was windy and my daughter slept for an hour on the hammock..).

The room was clean, and the food was excellent!! For those who wanted to bring their small kids, you might need to bring along your netbook or tabs as there is no TV provided as some children (like my daughter...) the would like to watch some cartoons sometimes.

We also managed to experience watching the turtle nesting at night. The resort's crew are very friendly.

Thumbs up for Libby and the team!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank malhyzaz
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

It's a place to relax. It is actually a basic resort. From the room you cant see the sea. You need to get out and enjoy the sun and the beach. The beach is rather small but private.

Even though it was not the period for turtle giving eggs. Staff there did promote their turtle conservation project. They do have a will to educate people about environmental problems. They approached us after our dinner to give us a talk about different kinds of turtles.

For snorkeling, we joined a tour for a few snorkeling sites. As mentioned by other travelers, we had a trial section for the snorkeling, which was good for me as it was my first time doing snorkeling. Both me and my partner can't swim. When we did real snorkeling, the trainer told the boat man that we couldn't swim. The boat man did take good care of us. The boat man held my arm to guide me through the way for seeing the corals.

Apart from getting out for snorkeling, we spent some time on the beach, walking along the short beach. We saw a big lizard on the island. The lizard was almost 2 meters including its tail. There're also bats at night. Little crabs came out from under the sand at night also. On the other end of the beach, you can see shell sea lives on the rocks. We also saw baby shark near the shore.

Overall speaking, it's a OK resort, not bad but not the top.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FionaChan
Cooktown, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in May 2012. Resort AC room for $70night was comfortable and clean, mid-range 'motel style' standard. Very friendly staff and good management. The shock for us was (due to poor prior research), Bubbles is on its own 200m beach, surrounded by dense jungle. You need a boat man (if they are free) to take you to another beach/restaurant. This was not a problem though as the restaurant is tasty/good value (12-30RM mains, or buffet options) and the beach absolute paradise.

Truely the nicest beach/snorkeling/scuba I have seen (i'm from Australia's great barrier reef). Snorkeling off the beach I saw clown fish, octopus, small reef sharks, rays, turtles and heaps of other cool stuff. Very safe cove too, nice depth variations, nil swell.

A very nice surprise was the turtle project. We were able to be informed during the night when a turtle was nesting on the beach to go and watch it with knowledgeable conservation volunteers.

The dive team were fantastic, friendly and competent. Very reasonable prices with good quality, well maintained gear. Free wifi in restaurant.

Very family freindly, lots of kids.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Zooby D
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed there for 4 night and we got our Open Water there. Great diving staff, friendly and knowledgeable and not that expensive.
For the hotel itself it is on a remote beach, perfect for families or couples looking for quiet time, not for party people so it was perfect for us. Nice beach, nice staff so what else would you need?
The rooms are clean (we had a Deluxe one) and for that price you can't ask for a Jacuzzi. Maybe a bit more pressure for the hot shower but that's definitely not a deal breaker and more food (wouldn't have mind some BBQ). But would definitely recommend and we will come back for usre!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pulau Perhentian Besar
Coral View Island Resort
Coral View Island Resort
#2 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Perhentian Tuna Bay Island Resort
Perhentian Tuna Bay Island Resor...
#1 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Perhentian Island Resort
Perhentian Island Resort
#3 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resort
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resor...
#4 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
BuBu Long Beach Resort
BuBu Long Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Alunan Resort
Alunan Resort
#1 of 10 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Bubbles Dive Centre and Resort? Share your experiences!