I was glad I survived the 5 nights stay. I have been back for 2 weeks now. I still feel the chill when I think about the experience at arwana Perhentian - an unthinkable, horrifying experience.
Arwana - things that went wrong
1. No hot water - when the technician came, it showed a routine. Turned the heat dial clockwise three times, then turn on the water.
2. We were at first door (ground floor is the lowest) water pressure is extremely low. There were 4 strands of water out of the shower head.
3. Lock to back door to patio is broken. It takes the technician 5 hours to come fix it, while during those times we risked our stuffs get stolen had anyone climbed in through the back door.
4. Second day - no water from 2pm onwards. Receptionist continues to promise it will be fixed. Until 8pm, we still don't see water coming in our room. Went to complaint for the fourth times. We demanded to check out early and refund of our prepaid money. Finally, they decided to move us to a room with hot water. Had they done this earlier, we won't have a complaint. Will we? The way Awarna treats their customers are plain wrong.
5. Ok, it's Ramadan period. They said they won't start cooking dinner until 8pm. The sign at the restaurant showed operating hours 8pm to 10pm. When we got there at 9pm, they said the restaurant is closed. The reason was, they didn't see any more customer coming in. They refused to cook until we spoke to the hotel supervisor.
6. Food poisoning - after eating the new Zealand sirloin steak and water melon juice at 9pm, i had a violent vomit at 4am continuously for 10 throw ups. After in exhausted my energy and throw up all the dinner I ate. I went back to sleep. At 6am, I threw up again. This time is all the stomach juice. After this time, I am completely motionless. My wide went to front desk to check if there was a clinic. There was no receptionist. The girl at the cafeteria preparing for breakfast said there would be no receptionist until 7am. She ignored when my wife said I was seriously ill. Even after the receptionist showed up, she simply talked to a guy laying on the coach apparently is a driver of the boat. He reluctantly got up to get ready. It took more than an hour for the, to get ready to bring me to the clinic in a different island. When I checked into the clinic, the doctor prescribed two bags of sodium chloride Intravenously. I began to feel some energy after 1/3 of bag. It took 5 hours for me to ge out of the clinic and another day to recover enough to eat again.
7, ants in the room infested on our bed when a box of crackers was left on the bed.
8. Sunscreen lotion - we ran out of sunscreen lotion. I went to the souvenir store to buy some. It was closed even though it is in operating hour. When I checked with the receptionist, she said the store person went to the mainland (Pulau Kesut). While sitting next to the counter was the sale director playing with his iPad. I asked him. He told me to check with a different store down the island as their sale associate in he souvenir store is not in at that moment and the store is locked. I went to a different store named sumara just net to arwana. That store is also closed for no reason. I went back to arwana. Now then they decided to find he key to he souvenir store. It only took them less than 2 mins to open the souvenir store. Again, does the arwana staff want to drive arwana business away? Absolutely.
9. dinner order - when we ordered three items, she only took two. After the two items arrived for 10 mins, we checked on the third items. She said we only asked for two and the restaurant is closed at 6pm due to Ramadan. She also insisted we paid because the restaurant is now closed. Dumb waitress that doesn't guilt. Her name is Ratih. Aug 15th.
It seems clear to me arwana staffs are untrained and only tried to drive arwana business away. I ended eating at a different restaurant nearby with better price and selection at the same hour. arwana, if your Perhentian branch is not doing so well, you should review your staff performance! I also took a snorkeling trip with another company because arwana trip is more expensive and crowded too many people on a boat.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Arwana Perhentian Eco Resort & Beach Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arwana Perhentian Eco Resort And Beach Chalet
- Arwana Perhentian Eco Resort & Beach Chalet Hotel Terengganu
- Arwana Perhentian Eco Terengganu