What's the best thing about Tuna Bay Island Resort.
- You can get a 3D2N Full Board accommodation package for as low as RM550 per person which includes boat transfers, full board meals, a cozy room with air conditioning, hot water for shower and snorkeling trips.
- You get to snorkel right in front of the resort, which is the best damn thing to do if you've not been to Terengganu Islands before.
- Their staffs are very accommodating which really plays a major part in making your entire vacation stress-free.
- Drinking water is FREE. I've been to other resorts which doesn't provide any drinking water. IKR!
- Ample beach loungers = DO NOT HAVE TO FIGHT FOR ONE.
- Clean rooms.
- A cocktail bar!
What I didn't really like about Tuna Bay Island Resort.
- Electricity cut offs between 2pm to 5pm, if not mistaken. No choice there since they have to give their generators a rest.
- Generator running alongside some chalets which can be heard in the room. Light sleepers will find it annoying at night. Bring earplugs. OR you can ask for rooms that are in the middle area during booking. If you're getting the rooms facing the beach, then you should be generator-free.
- Back in 2008, very quiet. 2013, crazy load of people. So, if you are looking for a secluded beach where you can relax and read a couple of novels, this isn't the beach for you.
For first timers.
This is if you've not been snorkeling before, I would advice you to take the Full Board Package. There will be 2 snorkeling trips available and you'll be able to see sharks, corals, turtles and fishes at different snorkeling points. Also, for a fuss-free vacation, meals will be provided 4 times a day (B/L/T/D).
Things to note during planning.
- Boat transfer schedules. This is extremely important because the speed boats only go to and fro during certain times. This also varies during low and high peak season. So, always double check on your flight time and boat time.
- If you are driving, it takes about 6-7 hours from Kuala Lumpur. Routes can be found on Google Map. If you wish to catch the earliest boat which is at 9am, I would suggest that you leave Kuala Lumpur around 230am latest.
Other than that, remember to relax, have fun and soak in everything Perhentian has to offer. Cheers!
For more photos and travel tips - http://wanderlustbyjane.blogspot.com/
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhentian Tuna Bay Island Resort is located on the south west coast of Pulau Perhentian Besar (Big Island), a quiet, untouched part of the island surrounded by tropical jungle, on a broad expanse of powdery white sand. The resort commands a breathtaking view of Pulau Perhentian Kecil (Small Island) and the South China Sea, right on your doorstep. All chalets are just a minute's walk from the beach and are tastefully built with wooden furnish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Perhentian Tuna Bay Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perhentian Tuna Bay Island Hotel Pulau Perhentian Besar